Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

Gotta love that they have a thread for a Texas target they’re not in contention for.

They did offer him though and I can't remember when exactly they decided he's not SEC ready, that jimbo didn't want him anyway, and which bread from New Jersey would be a better fit for them.

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

They did offer him though and I can't remember when exactly they decided he's not SEC ready, that jimbo didn't want him anyway, and which bread from New Jersey would be a better fit for them.

The bread actually came from Georgia this time around: https://247sports.com/player/deondre-jackson-46040540/

39 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Even if they could add Evans, they expect him to run behind a full line of guard cubes. Good luck getting to the second level if your line can’t get to the lbs in less time than it takes them to eat a ham sandwich

They had a lesser rb than Evans lead the SEC in rushing and run for 1700+ yds last season behind that Oline.   The two starting tackles were low 3*'s.  

Give the devil his due.  Fisher is as good as any playcaller / OC in P5 at designing and executing run schemes which successfully attack and exploit the weaknesses in opposing defenses.   

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 32

1 minute ago, UpperDeschutes said:

They had a lesser rb than Evans lead the SEC in rushing and run for 1700+ yds last season behind that Oline.   The two starting tackles were low 3*'s.  

Give the devil his due.  Fisher is as good as any playcaller / OC in P5 at designing and executing run schemes which successfully attack and exploit the weaknesses in opposing defenses.   

hi aggy 

• Like 1

You familiar with many of his running teams at FSU?  Like the time all his top 5 recruiting classes put up 16 yards on 23 carries against Herman and Orlando’s UH 2 stars?

• Like 2

Fisher is as good as any playcaller / OC in P5 at designing and executing run schemes which successfully attack and exploit the weaknesses in opposing defenses.   

Poor Aggy. I beg you to go watch late-stage FSU and get back to me. 5 star RBs behind 5 cubes getting their shit pushed in by 2 * kids at Boston College. 

5 minutes ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Trust in Jimbo.

3 minutes ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Is that why the last time Fisher faced a Todd Orlando defense, Dalvin Cook managed 33 yards on 18 carries?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Counterpoint: Aggies have a very large Catholic contingent.  It is an absolute failure in recruiting for Jimbo not to be in on Robinson and Ransom.  I don’t know how much that factored into Ransom’s decision, but faith seems to be very important to Robinson.

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Poor Aggy. I beg you to go watch late-stage FSU and get back to me. 5 star RBs behind 5 cubes getting their shit pushed in by 2 * kids at Boston College. 

Heck the season aggy just finished, the cuck managed 13 points vs MSU and 14 in regulation vs UK. 

34 minutes ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Chip - go home, you're drunk.

36 minutes ago, UpperDeschutes said:

He led the SEC because he ran the ball 271 times. Almost 100 carries more than most other RB’s. UGA (the team that got stuffed by Texas) actually ran for more yards throughout the season as well as Mississippi State.  

I’m not sure that his workload at aggy didn’t actually hurt Trayveon in the draft.

I’d also point to that they were the worst team in the SECSECSEC with respect to sacks allowed. So yea, while it may look good statwise for rushing yards with your workhorse RB, it doesn’t necessarily win you games or make him a play calling wizard.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’m not so sure landing Bijan hurts Texas with the Evans recruitment.

Texas stopped aggressively pursuing Evans a long time ago. They could have given up on Robinson at some point as well, but they actually like the kid as player and as a person. Evans has gone off the rails. 

If Texas closes on Robinson then they’ll keep conversations going with McLellan and Jordan. They’ll probably also keep looking for late risers and continue recruiting multiple guys for 2021 as well. If Evans’ dumb ass shows up again on the radar, I doubt they tell him to pound sand if he wants to use an official with Texas, but he’s as high maintenance as they get and is showing every sign of not being a program fit at Texas. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Guess he forgot leverage Williams to exploit Clemson (31 yards), Alabama (31 yards), and Mississippi State (26 yards)?