Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don't know man we have a massive edge in head to head, NC titles and NC title appearances, BCS wins. Hell have they ever played in a bowl game bigger than the cotton bowl win in 2012 in the last 25-30 years? I'm not sure how they believe they are superior when we have more National titles in one sport then they do in combined men and women's major 3 sports and they think that a few years of having a "better" record means they have passed us. If the bar is basically being 8-4 when we were 6-6 then it's a pretty low bar to set, but that's the only way they will win the argument is by setting it low.

Two things have changed: 

1) The SEC move, where losses are wins and it just means more (unless it doesn’t) 

2) Texas wandering the desert after late-Mack and Chuck Strong

The Hermancipation of Texas will be something to behold. 

Edited by BigBenBamboozle

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don't know man we have a massive edge in head to head, NC titles and NC title appearances, BCS wins. Hell have they ever played in a bowl game bigger than the cotton bowl win in 2012 in the last 25-30 years? I'm not sure how they believe they are superior when we have more National titles in one sport then they do in combined men and women's major 3 sports and they think that a few years of having a "better" record means they have passed us. If the bar is basically being 8-4 when we were 6-6 then it's a pretty low bar to set, but that's the only way they will win the argument is by setting it low.

Unless they set the bar really low, Jimbo will just walk under it standing upright.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

EVERYTHING IS FINE. PLEASE DISPERSE.

EBYIY_kXYAA7hSj?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYIbQAXkAA1JXx?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYIb1nXYAAuiKQ?format=png&name=360x360

The last one is delicious. “Inflated by ESPN.” Ok, well 247’s ranking has him as the 90th player in the country, right ahead of the composite. Higher than ESPN. So basically Pouncy is being fucked by Rivals. So if he moves up in Rivals re-rankings at all he’s going to shoot up the composite. The BOMC conspiracy will be fucking outstanding. 

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The last one is delicious. “Inflated by ESPN.” Ok, well 247’s ranking has him as the 90th player in the country, right ahead of the composite. Higher than ESPN. So basically Pouncy is being fucked by Rivals. So if he moves up in Rivals re-rankings at all he’s going to shoot up the composite. The BOMC conspiracy will be fucking outstanding. 

But isn’t espn the one that’s “by far the only reliable source besides the looch 44) since they were the only service that  ranked them higher than Texas last year

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Keep it in the family

spacer.png

If the SEC is a family, aggy is that weird cousin that no one really knows how he’s related but he shows up every holiday chewing redman, pounding lonestar, wearing overalls and asking “when’s supper up?”

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Keep it in the family

spacer.png

"Glad Evans chose to keep it in the SEC where he'll have a chance to clap our cheeks, instead of going to different conference where we won't ever have to face someone we claim is a generational, once in a decade type of talent"

• Like 1

You guys just don’t get it. If some miracle happens and aggy makes it to the SEC championship game in the next 4 years, they’ll most likely match up with Georgia. So, even though Evans would set rushing records on their defense and the ags would lose, it would still be a win for the SEC family. Aggy would gladly take that beating for the family and brag about Evans being a Texas player too.

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Texas could go 13-0 and win another NC and aggy could win 4 games in the same year and be down 6-1 in NC count and they would still same they are the flagship and big brother. 

I'm not sure why I still read any of the posts they make and get ragey, but here I am reading in amazement.

Ragey? That's your reaction? This is comedy!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

"Glad Evans chose to keep it in the SEC where he'll have a chance to clap our cheeks, instead of going to different conference where we won't ever have to face someone we claim is a generational, once in a decade type of talent"

What makes you think they’d have to play him if he goes to Georgia?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Ragey? That's your reaction? This is comedy!

I know that's why I get mad at myself when I read it and go "WTF are these guys for real". Chin Pubes is the best though, his total contradicting posts about espn rankins and 247 being biased then puts out his looch 44 of basically anyone he thinks will sign with aggy as his top 30 is pure gold.

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I'm surprised they haven't scrapped the individual team rankings of sec teams and just have one ranking as the SEC logo. Evans choosing Georgia is basically him choosing aggy in the end. It's a win win always for aggy.

Why am I picturing the post-Soviet "Unified Team" at the 1992 Olympics?  aggy would be Uzbekistan.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Recruit avg is in a lot of ways a feel good way of showing you got beat on people you wanted so your (sic) going to throw a fit and talk about avg and take less 3 stars"

EBYanS6WkAE_jld?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYaoP3WwAAcxFo?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYao7iW4AEUh3q?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYap75X4AAbtII?format=jpg&name=360x360

Compare your rankings to teams that actually win shit?  You mean like the Sugar bowl?

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

EVERYTHING IS FINE. PLEASE DISPERSE.

EBYIY_kXYAA7hSj?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYIbQAXkAA1JXx?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYIb1nXYAAuiKQ?format=png&name=360x360

Lulzy, lulz, lol, lulz at Banks being in the same sentence as Bowman. Banks doesn't suck, mind you, but aggy has never, in their entire recorded history, either their real history or their fantasy one, had a corner who could do 1% of the things Bowman does. Keep dreaming, Chin Pubes, keep dreaming.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

If the SEC is a family, aggy is that weird cousin that no one really knows how he’s related but he shows up every holiday chewing redman, pounding lonestar, wearing overalls and asking “when’s supper up?”

Actually, I think you identified the actual SEC family.

A&M shows up in bizarrely painted overalls, brags about his F 450, and keeps breaking into groups by putting his arm around a stranger and saying, "We're all family here, right? I mean, I got your back, so you have my back, right? Whoop! I love you guys. You love me?"

Then he gets slapped for trying to kiss a cousin. When the family bruiser starts kicking his ass, he whimpers ecstatically and chants, "thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Recruit avg is in a lot of ways a feel good way of showing you got beat on people you wanted so your (sic) going to throw a fit and talk about avg and take less 3 stars"

EBYanS6WkAE_jld?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYaoP3WwAAcxFo?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYao7iW4AEUh3q?format=jpg&name=360x360EBYap75X4AAbtII?format=jpg&name=360x360

"There's alot of putting lipstick on the pig that goes on in Austin." Sure, buddy. That happens in Austin and not in college station, right (where they literally put lipstick on pigs)? What a bunch of fuckwits.

Edited by LarTXHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

This is the most cuck shit I have ever read an CFB fan say and that's saying something.

It's full on defeatist but they're more glad to be losing in the sec rather than big 12. If you got to lose somewhere is they're new championship cheer.

31 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Amazing they've won only what, about 30% of their games, against crappy t.u.

Bro.  Do you even Military school (CoughARMYcough), er., I mean...

OK, then do you even all male school (coughNotreDamecough), er., I mean...

Fuck it, fine we were a small school (coughMiamicough), er., I mean....

GOD DAMMIT!

giphy.gif

I love how aggy thinks we have friends in the recruiting services that artificial bump our commits rankings. Really the only guy that could be considered friendly to Texas is Gerry Hamilton at ESPN. Most national guys, Wiltfong, Ivy League, Mike Farrell all don't like Texas at all.

We used to see the ranking bumps when Mack was here because he was on players so soon.  Often, to his credit, these players continued to have strong senior years, leading to a rise on their rankings.  This early momentum flipped the script in CFB recruiting as most tried to engender relationships and wait for senior-year film to come out (looking at you RC) and then hope the bond was enough to ink the signature.

Ags can't wrap their little heads around this.  Nor could they articulate this seeming "BOMC" when you'd see an initial bump, but overall drop.  Often our overall class rankings dropped from initial offer to NSD; especially towards the end of Mack's tenure.