Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Redneck Mutha said:

With Johnston in, we now have the same number of commits as aggy (17).  We have 14 players with 4/5 stars to their 8.

I'm curious if Fisher is going to continue the aggy tradition of having all their 5* qb's transfer out.

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Yeah I love Ole Miss, but when you get to coach against this dude every year go take your W

apnyfhtcqtragve8frsc

I don't know how good of a coach he is, but I kind of like the guy from what little I know.

Two observations: That is a tiny hand for such a big man. He sure looks like a cracker: pale eyes, cream gravy and deep fryer body.  He just lacks the malevolence.

They have a better chance of going 9-3 than 7-5. The SEC just doesn’t have the QBs to exploit their shitty secondary. 3 cupcakes are autowins. Then Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, and South Carolina are not good and should be wins. None of them have a QB worth a shit. So that’s 7 right there. That leaves Auburn. Which could be a loss, but Malzahn is not a good coach. They could easily upset one of the big 4. I will laugh my balls off if they win less than 8, but it’s not likely. Every year the world cries out that the SEC is overrated. And that is the reason why they won’t lose more than 4, they play a bunch of overrated chumps other than Bama, LSU, Georgia, 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They have a better chance of going 9-3 than 7-5. The SEC just doesn’t have the QBs to exploit their shitty secondary. 3 cupcakes are autowins. Then Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, and South Carolina are not good and should be wins. None of them have a QB worth a shit. So that’s 7 right there. That leaves Auburn. Which could be a loss, but Malzahn is not a good coach. They could easily upset one of the big 4. I will laugh my balls off if they win less than 8, but it’s not likely. Every year the world cries out that the SEC is overrated. And that is the reason why they won’t lose more than 4, they play a bunch of overrated chumps other than Bama, LSU, Georgia, 

But they are playing all 3 of those teams, finally.  Two on the road with only Bama (the best team) at home.  Looks like 0-3 to me, with @ Clemson making it 0-4.  They might win one, but I’m not seeing it.  Hopefully, one of the spares (Auburn?) can get them also.  I think Vegas has it right at 7.5.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't know how good of a coach he is, but I kind of like the guy from what little I know.

Two observations: That is a tiny hand for such a big man. He sure looks like a cracker: pale eyes, cream gravy and deep fryer body.  He just lacks the malevolence.

I bet it feels huge in this hand.

30 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They play all three of the top 3 plus Clemson, who may be better this year than last year's national title squad. I would say 7-5 should be the over under line. They are not beating any of those four and they have never run the table on the SEC West also-rans even with their best teams. If they hit 8-4 this year I will be mildly impressed.  

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Just ask youself, "Which is more likely to happen?"

1) aggy pulls an upset against one of the best teams in the nation

-or-

2) aggy loses to a team they shouldn't lose to.

I think both are equally likely since they get 4 shots at the former.  Which is why 8-4 is the overwhelming favorite for their record. 1-3/7-1split or 0-4/8-0 split. 

• Like 1

The only one of their "Big 4" I could see them winning is maybe LSU.  But that one's in Baton Rouge.

They're going to get throttled by Alabama, @Georgia, and @Clemson.  

I think they'll be 8-4 with the bestest 4 losses in the country, and go 8-0 against the scrubs of the SEC and their OOC pastries.

Edited by utee94

Even when Nick Saban is coaching and “Alabama” is on the jerseys, when the average player is a top 300 blue-chipper, the game is played by a couple dozen teens/ early 20s young men. Quarterbacks have bad days. Bama could lose to aggy. Not likely, though. The rest of the SEC gets 5 chances to beat the gomers compared to only 4 chances to score an upset. 9 wins is possible, but I really doubt it. I think 7 is most likely, followed by 8, much less chance of 6 or 9, can’t see anything else (regular season).

If they do somehow screw up and finish 6-6 or 7-5, what’s beautiful is that there can be no discussion of firing him for the next three years. It would be a $50m plus buyout. That would so be awesome to watch them agonize for three years with continued mediocrity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

If Georgia barely beats them, how does that work in the standings?

Well, Georgia would have a hard fought win against a tough SEC West opponent, so that bumps their stock way up.  And A&M would have a close, hard fought loss to a Top 3 team and the best team in the SEC-E, so that bumps their stock up way up.  

Both teams rise in the polls.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

If Georgia barely beats them, how does that work in the standings?

oh I think that counts as an aggy win. 

8 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

The fascinating thing is that in that post above ALL of them think they beat UgA.

of course.  they want “revenge” for the dawgs barely losing to us and costing them recruiting momentum. 

• Like 1

MSU and Auburn are loaded along both lines with upper classmen. Hell, MSU is only projected to have 1 under classmen starter in their 1st 22. Neither of those games is going to be a gimme win like every aggy fan is saying. Their focus is completely on LSU, Bama, Clemson, and Georgia. Even though Auburn and MSU both beat aggy last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Just ask youself, "Which is more likely to happen?"

1) aggy pulls an upset against one of the best teams in the nation

-or-

2) aggy loses to a team they shouldn't lose to.

whynotboth.gif

and rough few weeks here kids. i am extremely bullish on xavion alford's collegiate upside. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

“Trust in Jimbo” is the new “Trust in Sumlin”

I love it

Chinese people are very proud of their long history and many traditions.  They claim to have 5,000 years of history.  The problem is they really have the same 50 years of history repeated over and over again.

In similar fashion aggy simply repeats the same history but in cycles lasting the tenure of one coach.  These certainly aged well.  The more things change the more they stay the same in aggyland.

d6ad81112434de0040d37f7f2f4de927.jpg

89047e7a753d3d290a4306b3c237bdf8.jpg