Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

5 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

aggy tears are so sweet. 

Which of the 2 scenarios creates the most robust tears to ferment into something special?

A) Ritzbit loses interest and things go south worse than FSU, while losing the team.  aggy turns on him and the fun really begins, $75M, searching for cause,  tastes like a high end cognac blend, something akin to courvoisier l'esprit.

B). He packs his shit and heads to LSU (or somewhere else in division) for LESS money BEFORE they turn on him.  Fun ensues, tears taste like Louis XIII. 

I get it, L'esprit costs more.  But I prefer the flavor of the Remy. 

I'd like to see several 5-7 to 7-5 seasons in a row.  That way they are totally fucked as a program. They can't buy him out and in that scenario no one else would take him.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

aggy tears are so sweet. 

Which of the 2 scenarios creates the most robust tears to ferment into something special?

A) Ritzbit loses interest and things go south worse than FSU, while losing the team.  aggy turns on him and the fun really begins, $75M, searching for cause,  tastes like a high end cognac blend, something akin to courvoisier l'esprit.

B). He packs his shit and heads to LSU (or somewhere else in division) for LESS money BEFORE they turn on him.  Fun ensues, tears taste like Louis XIII. 

Found Mackovic's sock.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

aggy tears are so sweet. 

I'm thinking that option "A" might send aggy full-on Guyana Punch.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Perhaps I shouldn't put this in public, but anybody hearing anything about Tom Herman making a move with a certain Aggie 5-star?

I agree that Demas seems brainwashed but if you want to start that rumor here I guess we can roll with it.  1. Demas flipping and maybe even the talk of it may cause wrist splitting over on texags.  2.  They are likely to believe it with the way this month has gone for them.  Keep in mind the volleyball story got wings.  So anything is possible.

• Like 1

From the Texags poors board,  any partiality to this target list?

"IF we perform as Jimbo thinks we can, 

A final haul of 8 from among the following would be great:

DT: Omari Thomas, McKinnley Jackson
DE: Donel Harris, Jason Harris
LB: Savell Smalls, Noah Sewell
DB: Dontae Manning, Jacobe Covington, Antonio Johnson
OL: Chris Morris, Garrett Hayes, Anton Robinson
RB: Daniyel Ngata, EJ Smith, Devon Achane, Zachary Evans 

There might even be a flip or 2 as or a late bloomer that comes on board as well. 

It ain't like it used to be. We dont recruit to win recruiting rankings championships on someone's time table. We recruit to win championships on our time table."

Just now, UcancallmeSurly said:

There might even be a flip or 2 as or a late bloomer that comes on board as well. 

It ain't like it used to be. We dont recruit to win recruiting rankings championships on someone's time table. We recruit to win championships on our time table."

Well you can go ahead and cross Covington off that list.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

He works there five years, earns about 37.5 million and then hauls ass with a .500 record.  Wash, rinse repeat.  

the issue with this scenario is nobody wants a coach with a .500 record. Especially at the cost aggy is paying him. If Jimbo has a .500 record after 5 years he's not going anywhere. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

the issue with this scenario is nobody wants a coach with a .500 record. Especially at the cost aggy is paying him. If Jimbo has a .500 record after 5 years he's not going anywhere. 

Ding, Ding, Ding.  He takes nearly 40 million of aggy's money, leaves with a .500 record and those clowns have to start over.  Fuck Jimbo and his future employment chances.  He will not put up with 10 years of bullshit from Perry and Sharp.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

Ding, Ding, Ding.  He takes nearly 40 million of aggy's money, leaves with a .500 record and those clowns have to start over.  Fuck Jimbo and his future employment chances.  He will not put up with 10 years of bullshit from Perry and Sharp.  

He’ll take more than 40 million and all of their hopes and dreams. They will see Mack doing well and they will hire him.

24 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

He’s only advocating for 8 of those 16 (well 15 now after whiff 1).  That list looks impressive but half of that list less so. 

And when jimbo leaves or is fired, it will be with around a .700 record. But you don’t pay 75 million for .700 and never winning your division, with half the wins against the southland conference. 

51 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

There it is. They're winning championships when they choose to. Explains almost a century of futility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texaslong said:

If Jimbo doesn’t have them at least trying to compete for championships in the next 2 years he won’t survive John Sharp, therefore I predict he’ll be gone before 5.

I would guess that the average tenure for a college head coach is between 3 and 4 years. Lasting 10 years at one school is probably a < 1% outcome. It’s so aggy to sign a coach to a 10 year deal and *hope* that everything works out, despite 100 years of history to point to the opposite conclusion.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

There it is. They're winning championships when they choose to. Explains almost a century of futility. 

That quote makes absolutely no sense. Why would any other school determine when aggy would win a recruiting championship? What does that even mean?

Nevermind. It's aggy logic.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Perhaps I shouldn't put this in public, but anybody hearing anything about Tom Herman making a move with a certain Aggie 5-star?

An OB poster that seems semi plugged in (utx) said Jones is visiting for the LSU game to watch Caden play. I didn't think it was worth posting but hey if we're just throwing shit out there then might as well. I can't vouch for the veracity of this guy's claims, but he's not lotus horn.

1 hour ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

This fool must think CS is Rivendell.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Mack is a smart man.  He will never go to College Station.  Brewster will make sure he knows the suck that is Bryan/College Station.  

I understand Mack perfectly. He says a lot of things that are obvious tripe, but when he said UNC was the only job that could tempt him back, he was being serious. Chapel Hill and Carrboro are what would happen if Austin had an 80% off sale on Tarrytown and everything in it. College Station is what happened when Waco got diarrhea. Mack is never going there.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
Fucking autocorrect.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, deech said:

Covington to Washington.  It's OK though because Jimbo is still on the phone with him.

I know this seems like a H2H loss with the Huskies, but I have been on the phone with sources who are VERY close to Covington. I am told he was under pressure from certain family members to commit early to Washington, but those who know him believes he want's to play for an elite SEC program. As we all know, Jimbo is a closer.

It's a LONG was to NSD. With Leon and Demas in his ear, many in Colleyville feel like there is a good chance Covington ends up in Aggie land. I am standing by my CB to the Ags. Keep an eye on this one...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

An OB poster that seems semi plugged in (utx) said Jones is visiting for the LSU game to watch Caden play. I didn't think it was worth posting but hey if we're just throwing shit out there then might as well. I can't vouch for the veracity of this guy's claims, but he's not lotus horn.

Hahahahahaha. wtf? utx is still around? Holy shit. That bitch doesn’t know a fucking thing. There’s a shot Jaylon Jones wakes the fuck up, but that motherfucker isn’t going to be breaking it on Orangebloods.

Does that dipshit still sign every post with something like “—utx”?

Edited by closetojumping

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahaha. wtf? utx is still around? Holy shit. That bitch doesn’t know a fucking thing. There’s a shot Jaylon Jones wakes the fuck up, but that motherfucker isn’t going to be breaking it on Orangebloods.

Same dude from 360? I seem to recall him managing to give avowed enemies something to agree on. That was 20+ years ago, but it would not surprise me if he never evolved.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Same dude from 360? I seem to recall him managing to give avowed enemies something to agree on. That was 20+ years ago, but it would not surprise me if he never evolved.

Dude, you were on 360? What was your handle ? I mostly lurked as a kid and college student there until right before the move to Hornfans.  

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, you were on 360? What was your handle ? I mostly lurked as a kid and college student there until right before the move to Hornfans.  

I was the first Hairy Scotsman. Then some dude who, ironically, was a grad student at aTm grabbed that handle on Orangebloods, so I mostly reverted to lurking when 360 folded. Could never stand Hornfans, and didn't discover Shaggy for the longest damned time.

• Like 2

Why not both. Jimbo becomes disinterested, leading to a couple of subpar seasons, aggy trumps up some charges for cause and fires Jimbo, Woodard hires Jimbo and Jimbo takes LSU to the CFP which incenses aggy because they just had another subpar season. LSU wins their semifinal CFP game earning the right to meet Texas in the championship game. aggy is left having to root for Jimbo and LSU cause they just hate that gosh darn tu so much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I was the first Hairy Scotsman. Then some dude who, ironically, was a grad student at aTm grabbed that handle on Orangebloods, so I mostly reverted to lurking when 360 folded. Could never stand Hornfans, and didn't discover Shaggy for the longest damned time.

sure 

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yup, signs off every post and comment with his handle. They're also riddled with syntax errors so honestly the signature and even his showing his username aren't necessary to recognize his posts.

I don't post random rumors like this that I see, but maybe the volleyball story factual occurrence proves we can speak anything into existence. 

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What’s wrong with signing your work?

-BERNARD

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

so what's aggy's play with Daniyel Ngata?  Why so much confidence with him?  Just realized he's Joe Ngata's brother.  Wonder if Clemson straight passed on Dan or if they just don't have room

Well they appeared to have offered him, but also have commits from 2 other RBs.