Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12!

Hornius Emeritus

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
13 hours ago, Rimbo said:
who gives a shit
cheering for your conference is for losers

As a cowboys fan I couldn't imagine rooting for the giants eagles or Washington.

If you'll allow me to play devil's advocate...

Placement in the playoffs can come down to perception of your conference. So the success of your rivals in interconference matchups, though an unpleasant pill to swallow, can be helpful to your team in the long run. In the NFL the NFC East's representation in the playoffs is A.) Guaranteed and B.) in no way affected by its perception among voters.

So, I don't think you've landed on an apples-to-apples comparison; it may not even be apples-to-zucchinis. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Oregon is gonna fuck up ISU, sadly. Man I hope I'm wrong. 

Like Texas and Oklahoma did?

Oregon is a more talented team but doesn’t have any more of a talent advantage than OU or Texas. They’re also not particularly well coached. I’d expect a pretty low scoring game - Oregon has some DL talent that will be tough for ISU to handle, also not unlike Texas. But Oregon isn’t bring any offensive talent or schematics to the table that they haven’t seen out of Texas, OU, or OSU.

52-49 Darnold vs. Barkley Rose Bowl incoming now that I’ve said that.
  • Like 1

Placement in the playoffs can come down to perception of your conference. So the success of your rivals in interconference matchups, though an unpleasant pill to swallow, can be helpful to your team in the long run. In the NFL the NFC East's representation in the playoffs is A.) Guaranteed and B.) in no way affected by its perception among voters.
So, I don't think you've landed on an apples-to-apples comparison; it may not even be apples-to-zucchinis. 
Sure it is. Must I remind you the 2008 season and most thought an ou win vs tech would mean texas was in?

Don't root for rivals.

Just now, gmr548 said:

Like Texas and Oklahoma did?

Oregon is a more talented team but doesn’t have any more of a talent advantage than OU or Texas. They’re also not particularly well coached. I’d expect a pretty low scoring game - Oregon has some DL talent that will be tough for ISU to handle, also not unlike Texas. But Oregon isn’t bring any offensive talent or schematics to the table that they haven’t seen out of Texas, OU, or OSU.

52-49 Darnold vs. Barkley Rose Bowl incoming now that I’ve said that.

I fully expect Matt Campbell to Matt Campbell in this game much like he did against ou. He makes some truly stupid fucking decisions at the worst times. It may not be a Bama/ND blowout, but ISU isn't winning. However, I do hope they win because fuck Oregon and fuck Cristobal. 

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Sure it is. Must I remind you the 2008 season and most thought an ou win vs tech would mean texas was in?

Don't root for rivals.

Texas Tech beating OU would have meant Tech going to the championship game. Plus this is a discussion of interconference matchups.

But you do help prove my point in showing that a 12-1 OU team went to the championship game over 11-1 USC, 11-1 Penn State and 12-0 Utah because of the perceived strength of of the Big 12 that year.

4 hours ago, B00M said:

Hey, it will be mildly amusing to see ESPN talking heads show the 2020 bowl results and pretend the B12 isn't at the top. Did you hear Florida played without their entire starting lineup that's all NFL bound? That was basically their 2022 squad with 1 week's practice time.

And the conversation will leave the distinct impression that none of the Big XII teams had any "opt outs".

• Like 1

who gives a shit
cheering for your conference is for losers

I get you want to ignore the 13 SEC MNCs compared to your conference’s 3 in the last 25 years.

I get you want to ignore 6 SEC MNCs from 2010 to now to your zero.

I get you want to ignore 5 SEC MNCs from 2000 to 2009 to your two.

We sorta can ignore the 2 SEC to 1 Big 12 MNC from ‘96 to ‘99, as Florida’s is conveniently the first one, and those two fuck heads Tennessee and Nebraska will never see their past glory again.

But as much as it is unpleasant to y’all, 5 different SEC teams have one MNCs in 25 years. Hell, FOUR different SEC teams won the national title in four years. I do know if you fuckers each live to 120, the youngest of you won’t live to see 4 different Big-12 MNC champs back to back to back to back. That stat is the main reason for the focus - plus the 7 in a row.

Does this mean the SEC is overrated? Yep. Does this mean that Florida did not get plunger raped by the dirt burglars? Nope.

But more importantly, does Florida benefit from an overblown conference reputation pushed by corporate interests?? Oh fuck, yeah!

Because Florida’s best interests are the only fucking thing I care about, and if we get a bump in recruiting or scheduling or tv contract $ or bowl placement, I am perfectly fine with that.

The second that obnoxious SEC pandering hinders Florida - fuck the SEC! Until then, SEC SEC SEC muthafukkas!
  • Fuck You 10

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I get you want to ignore the 13 SEC MNCs compared to your conference’s 3 in the last 25 years.

We sorta can ignore the 2 SEC to 1 Big 12 MNC from ‘96 to ‘99, as Florida’s is conveniently the first one, and those two fuck heads Tennessee and Nebraska will never see their past glory again.

But as much as it is unpleasant to y’all, 5 different SEC teams have one MNCs in 25 years. Hell, FOUR different SEC teams won the national title in four years. I do know if you fuckers each live to 120, the youngest of you won’t live to see 4 different Big-12 MNC champs back to back to back to back. That stat is the main reason for the focus - plus the 7 in a row.

Does this mean the SEC is overrated? Yep. Does this mean that Florida did not get plunger raped by the dirt burglars? Nope.

But more importantly, does Florida benefit from an overblown conference reputation pushed by corporate interests?? Oh fuck, yeah!

Because Florida’s best interests are the only fucking thing I care about, and if we get a bump in recruiting or scheduling or tv contract $ or bowl placement, I am perfectly fine with that.

The second that obnoxious SEC pandering hinders Florida - fuck the SEC! Until then, SEC SEC SEC muthafukkas!

I get what you're saying but negged 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The fun part for me is knowing the SEC co-branding didn't help raise aggy's profile enough to leapfrog ND for the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, B00M said:

Hey, it will be mildly amusing to see ESPN talking heads show the 2020 bowl results and pretend the B12 isn't at the top. Did you hear Florida played without their entire starting lineup that's all NFL bound? That was basically their 2022 squad with 1 week's practice time.

When your conference champ doesn’t make the playoff, it tends to lead to more favorable bowl matchups all the way down the line. In 2017, 2-loss conference champ tOSU was kept out of the playoff (rightly so) and Big Ten teams won all their bowl games...except for Michigan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

worse yet is the idea of jumping to another conference especially a steaming pile of shit like the PAC 12 because "the Big 12 sucks"....ignoring that the PAC 12 sucks worse and pays less....and then of course once in the PAC 12 cheering for every team in that conference to lose every game especially those out of conference games....I guess so everyone can then talk about how bad the PAC 12 sucks

or maybe the argument is that Texas and OU (and Tech and OkState) would all get paid more in the PAC 12 than the Big 12 (even though current history shows that is highly false) and then of course still pull for every other team to lose every game especially OOC games.....but "paid more"

all of the above sounds like shit and "paid more" sounds very aggy or shit quality non-tOSU Big 10 team

never mind the idea of looking better by beating better teams and that is the major fuck up of the BIG 12 and 9 conference games....not enough chances to beat teams OOC so that teams look better in conference games if Texas ever gets a coach that can win all the conference games and win the conference

I am not saying that anyone needs to be cheering BIG 12 BIG 12 BIG 12 all the time, but winning bowl games and having teams ranked higher to end the season generally means more ranked teams to start the next season and that helps any team in the conference especially the top teams

3 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

worse yet is the idea of jumping to another conference especially a steaming pile of shit like the PAC 12 because "the Big 12 sucks"....ignoring that the PAC 12 sucks worse and pays less....and then of course once in the PAC 12 cheering for every team in that conference to lose every game especially those out of conference games....I guess so everyone can then talk about how bad the PAC 12 sucks

or maybe the argument is that Texas and OU (and Tech and OkState) would all get paid more in the PAC 12 than the Big 12 (even though current history shows that is highly false) and then of course still pull for every other team to lose every game especially OOC games.....but "paid more"

Fuck those left coast, wine-sippin' hippies

19 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Teams win MNCs. Not conferences. There's nothing to ignore here. Alabama winning the MNC confers nothing onto you except another year of being their bitch.

Seriously.

In 2006, I didn't hear Iowa State or Kansas fans going around talking about how great they were for being part of the Big 12 because Texas, OU, and Nebraska had won national titles in the previous decade.  And if I had, I would've pointed and laughed.  The S-E-C's incest fest could only happen in the Deep South.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Fuck Florida and the 13 SEC dwarves. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Rooting for your conference because you take pride in the accomplishments of the schools you associate with is loser bullshit.

Wanting the conference as a whole to do well in OOC play to give you more valuable win opportunities and control public perception is just smart.

Look, I'm rooting for y'all tomorrow, but it has nothing to do with what conference you're in and everything to do with... well, ISU is cool and Oregon isn't.

Stupid fucking Ducks.

Now don't get me wrong here with what I'm about to say. I like Florida. If Florida plays Georgia, I'm rooting for Florida, because I like Florida, and fuck Georgia. However...

... and to make this as painful as possible for @Gatorubet to read ...

If Georgia plays OU, I'm rooting for Georgia.

If Georgia plays TCU, I'm rooting for Georgia.

If Georgia plays Okie Lite, I'm rooting for Georgia.

If Georgia plays Baylor, you'd goddamned better believe I'm rooting for Georgia.

If Georgia plays Kansas, WOOF WOOF WOOF GO DAWGS SIC 'EM

If Georgia plays Kansas State, I'm wearing red that day to support my new favorite team Georgia.

If Georgia plays Texas Tech... Meh, I actually am OK with Tech; growing up in the panhandle, a lot of my friends went there, so I won't cry if Tech wins.

If you don't properly hate your rivals you're not college footballing properly.

I'll celebrate the fact that Texas won their bowl game. OU winning their bowl game is a disaster and a catastrophe and I hated every minute of it and wish I could turn back the clock and watch each OU player die of face-AIDS the night before so they have to trot out a bunch of one-legged blind men instead and lose by nine hundred to negative thirty-seven. The Big XII going 4-0 in bowl games is 3 wins too goddamned many.

Florida can hang over our heads that they have 3 MNCs and we only have 1 in the past 25 years, but get outta here with that bullshit about your stupid-ass conference.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Lol. Get your small dick insecurity outta here. Take the loss pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Rooting for your conference because you take pride in the accomplishments of the schools you associate with is loser bullshit.

Wanting the conference as a whole to do well in OOC play to give you more valuable win opportunities and control public perception is just smart.

This is correct 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Teams win MNCs. Not conferences. There's nothing to ignore here. Alabama winning the MNC confers nothing onto you except another year of being their bitch.

It's sad, isn't it?  I mean, I get why a fan of a team that got utterly destroyed in its bowl game by a Big-12 team would want to ride Alabama's jock,  but still you hate to see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Quietly hoping our conference mates win their bowl games to help the conference image is one thing. Chanting S-E-C! (x3) at the end of the game your team is winning is something entirely different. And that “something” is fucking pathetic.

While I agree 100% with what you said, the way most SEC fans go about it is pathetic and extremely aggyish.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I have a buddy who is aggy, and to be fair this wasn’t his take, who said that most of the aggy in his circle actually wanted to be #5 because “being 5 and forever saying we should’ve made it is better than getting in and getting our ass kicked by Bama again.”

So I’d say yes.

classic aggy

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's sad, isn't it?  I mean, I get why a fan of a team that got utterly destroyed in its bowl game by a Big-12 team would want to ride Alabama's jock,  but still you hate to see it. 

2bb77b7c-f715-416c-bd8f-e46cf2e8f1c4_tex

Florida losing to OU is bad because fuck OU. I don't give a flying fuck what conference they're in.

It is just as sad and pathetic for you to say "neener neener you lost to a Big XII team" as it is for Gatorubet to say "Oh wah you must feel so bad because your conference has fewer MNCs than ours wah wah."

I mean fucking seriously, Gatorubet could have just said "we got 3 MNCs and you only got one sucker" but NO, he had to go THAT way. And now here's YOUR lame ass fucking happy that OU won. 

OU winning is bad. It is never good. No Longhorn fan should ever, ever find one spark of joy in OU winning. It is a horrible, terrible thing for everyone except for liquor store owners.

• Hook 'Em 2

Look, I'm rooting for y'all tomorrow, but it has nothing to do with what conference you're in and everything to do with... well, ISU is cool and Oregon isn't.
Stupid fucking Ducks.
Now don't get me wrong here with what I'm about to say. I like Florida. If Florida plays Georgia, I'm rooting for Florida, because I like Florida, and fuck Georgia. However...
... and to make this as painful as possible for [mention=700]Gatorubet[/mention] to read ...
If Georgia plays OU, I'm rooting for Georgia.
If Georgia plays TCU, I'm rooting for Georgia.
If Georgia plays Okie Lite, I'm rooting for Georgia.
If Georgia plays Baylor, you'd goddamned better believe I'm rooting for Georgia.
If Georgia plays Kansas, WOOF WOOF WOOF GO DAWGS SIC 'EM
If Georgia plays Kansas State, I'm wearing red that day to support my new favorite team Georgia.
If Georgia plays Texas Tech... Meh, I actually am OK with Tech; growing up in the panhandle, a lot of my friends went there, so I won't cry if Tech wins.
If you don't properly hate your rivals you're not college footballing properly.
I'll celebrate the fact that Texas won their bowl game. OU winning their bowl game is a disaster and a catastrophe and I hated every minute of it and wish I could turn back the clock and watch each OU player die of face-AIDS the night before so they have to trot out a bunch of one-legged blind men instead and lose by nine hundred to negative thirty-seven. The Big XII going 4-0 in bowl games is 3 wins too goddamned many.
Florida can hang over our heads that they have 3 MNCs and we only have 1 in the past 25 years, but get outta here with that bullshit about your stupid-ass conference.

I wanted y’all to beat the fuck out of Colorado. Not because I feel like ISU accomplished something vicariously, but because I want the # in front of “Texas” to be as close to 0 as possible when you come to Jack Trice next year.

And I love Austin and Texas fans have always been cool as hell with me.

I wanted OU to beat Florida for the same reason.

But there ain’t no “Big 12” flag flying at my house.
  • Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I wanted y’all to beat the fuck out of Colorado. Not because I feel like ISU accomplished something vicariously, but because I want the # in front of “Texas” to be as close to 0 as possible when you come to Jack Trice next year.

And I love Austin and Texas fans have always been cool as hell with me.

I wanted OU to beat Florida for the same reason.

But there ain’t no “Big 12” flag flying at my house.

You were doing well until this. Those sisterfucking methheads can go eat a bag of dicks 24/7

Edited by Bevo14

You were doing well until this.

I don’t have any specific reason to hate OU. They aren’t our rival, and their fans have never been cunts to me.

I think Iowa fans are arrogant, entitled cunts in relation to ISU, but I would be shocked if you guys would have bad experiences with them in a bowl game scenario.

Rivalry dynamics rarely exist outside of said rivalry

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

I don’t have any specific reason to hate OU. They aren’t our rival, and their fans have never been cunts to me.

I think Iowa fans are arrogant, entitled cunts in relation to ISU, but I would be shocked if you guys would have bad experiences with them in a bowl game scenario.

Iowa is fine. OU's suckitude exists outside of the rivalry.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

So now that Nebraska is gone have you guys slid into the Corn Aggy moniker?

OU fans are cunts. Whether you noticed that or not is a different matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've never met anyone neutral in the OSU-Michigan rivalry that did not agree that OSU fans are, by and large, total twats.