2021 Texas Style Rose Bowl - Notre Dame vs Alabama 3PM on ESPN

notre dame joe

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How about both? ND was not playoff worthy. They prove this every time they are selected. 

They’re playoff worthy because you have to select 4 teams. We could do this every year. Right now, it’s clearly Bama, Clemson, Ohio state, and everyone else. You’ll have the miracle LSU year where all the talent comes together at the same time and you get the greatest season ever by a college qb, but ultimately those 3 teams are the only playoff caliber teams by your metrics. 

3 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

IT's actually an argument that we never needed or wanted a playoff.

About this time last year ND played ISU and the Irish looked as invincible as Bama does now. 

I'd argue ISU is the best possible match up for ND.  They just don't have the talent or speed to exploit ND that OU does and we do

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Quick question for you. How many coaches going right now have beaten Alabama that we can get? I mean if you want Gus Malzhan or us to go after Ed Orgeron than okay. Dabo isn't coming here. 

Even Dabo might lose to Bama this year. 

Kelly is still the best realistic option.

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

At what point do we just accept that this has nothing to do with ND not being a playoff worthy team, and everything to do with the fact that Bama was always going to do this to any team not named Clemson or Ohio state? 

People complain about the CFB playoff semis being bad games, 2/3 of the playoffs are bad games.  Go to 8 teams you add 4 games. Assume 1 v 8 is a bad game, 7 v 2 as well. You get two solid match ups for figuring out who plays 1 and 2. That’s an immediate improvement AND it requires a team to truly earn a semi spot.  Yeah Bama might roll but if you assume the two middle match ups are good and you get at least one good semi game and a good championship game the spectators just got 4 great games over 3 weeks instead of 1.  Throw in the occasional surprise upset which then turns the whole thing upside down.  No doubt 8 teams becomes legit exciting for 3 weeks regardless of the professional football team in Tuscaloosa rolling to the finals.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

So was this game moved because ND couldn't have family attend the game in Pasadena?  

Didn't the whole state go back on lock down?  the 49rs have played their last 2 games in Arizona and they been working out here as well.  

edit; found this: 

Rising cases forced the state of California to ban attendance at sporting events, and policy-makers wouldn't make an exception for "The Granddaddy of Them All."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/rose-bowl-texas-location-tickets-cfp-semifinal/1937ovzclhige1enm1ptjst12j

Edited by SDG

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Smith caught a 5yd pass and turned it into a TD. There should be no question who the Heisman winner is.

You say that, but often times the best player doesn't actually win it, sadly. I've got Smith #1 and Lawrence #2, but I can see them giving it to Lawrence based solely on his career and the fact he's going #1 overall. Fucking football politics and stupid shit. 

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It doesn't matter. It should be 8 teams. I can make whatever argument I want and you can too and at the end of the day it should still be 8 teams. 

I use to be against 8 but I am all in on it now. The P5 conference champs plus top ranked G5 conference champ and two at large fills it out. The 3rd at large that is left out can be told to go fuck themselves since they did not win their conference or are not part of the P5. Some scrap games but great regular seasons for everyone involved including G5 teams because hope.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Keeping ash and hiring sark a reasonable option?

Can we put a "no caught drunk" clause in the contract?   If so, the advantage is we could leave the D alone.  Would he even need to change OCs? 

Change OL coach of course.  

Is this option a better option than Herm?  Of course it is, right? 

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

They’re playoff worthy because you have to select 4 teams. We could do this every year. Right now, it’s clearly Bama, Clemson, Ohio state, and everyone else. You’ll have the miracle LSU year where all the talent comes together at the same time and you get the greatest season ever by a college qb, but ultimately those 3 teams are the only playoff caliber teams by your metrics. 

OU is closest to those 3*. They were clearly a top 3 team in 2018.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, troph said:

People complain about the CFB playoff semis being bad games, 2/3 of the playoffs are bad games.  Go to 8 teams you add 4 games. Assume 1 v 8 is a bad game, 7 v 2 as well. You get two solid match ups for figuring out who plays 1 and 2. That’s an immediate improvement AND it requires a team to truly earn a semi spot.  Yeah Bama might roll but if you assume the two middle match ups are good and you get at least one good semi game and a good championship game the spectators just got 4 great games over 3 weeks instead of 1.  Throw in the occasional surprise upset which then turns the whole thing upside down.  No doubt 8 teams becomes legit exciting for 3 weeks regardless of the professional football team in Tuscaloosa rolling to the finals.

I’ve always been all for adding playoff teams. The more the better. Every division 1 conference champ should have a shot at playing in the postseason. If not, what’s the point of winning your conference? But 8 is the best they’ll do, so all 5 P5 champs and 3 at large makes the most sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Who wants this shit offense??? This isn't a personnel problem, it's a coaching problem. Forget this shithead. Sarkasian or Meyer. That's it.

So if it's #4 UT 7 vs #1 Bama 21, you wouldn't be happy, in the playoffs? You prefer 55-23 Alamo bowl victories?

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You say that, but often times the best player doesn't actually win it, sadly. I've got Smith #1 and Lawrence #2, but I can see them giving it to Lawrence based solely on his career and the fact he's going #1 overall. Fucking football politics and stupid shit. 

Too true.

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Ole Miss 48 pts, Florida 46 pts. It isn't a lack of talent.

Ole Miss was early season with Kiffin* on the sidelines. And Ole Miss has just as much if not more speed on the outside as ND.

Florida is clearly more talented at skill position and QB than ND. 

Edited by ztejas
Regarded

4 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Ole Miss 48 pts, Florida 46 pts. It isn't a lack of talent.

Well...  by recruiting numbers we're without our top 2 WRs (hammy and kleptomania)

Also Book was recruited basically as a backup to Brandon Wimbust.  I don't think any SEC team would accept Book's transfer with any promises. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Ole Miss was early season with the Pirate Lane on the sidelines. And Ole Miss has just as much if not more speed on the outside as ND.

Florida is clearly more talented at skill position and QB than ND. 

fifu

• Hook 'Em 1