Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

36 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

I’ll take it.

Tom was an asshole. Not just in his pressers. I had a player as an intern his first year. Dude had to hold his breath when we talked about Herman.

I will also take the guy who has been with Saban watching how the most elite program works...and helping it.

Now, let’s see what happens on the field...but I’m on board right now.

And Hermann didn't coach under Urban Meyer?  Man y'all are reaching.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Whoever the new HC is, if we kept Herman all this time, we better be announcing him today so he can immediately talk to the players and try to keep attrition to a minimum. If it’s Sark then I guess he’s ditching Bama before the title game like Kiffin did. It doesn’t make much sense to me. If we’ve kept Herman this long then why not wait another week until Sark wins a title as Bama’s OC and then announce the hiring/firing? What difference does a week make at this point? 

It might be because Herman already has accepted another job.

41 minutes ago, Fud said:

USC still had a limited roster due to sanctions when he was there

Petersen didn't take over a Washington team that had gone 0-12 the prior year 

So if we were 0-12 Sark would be a good hire?

Which coach do we hire to go from 7-3 to 10-0 and win a few conference championships?

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Who's the proven HC from a power 5 school we were going to poach?

Fuck Herman

Fuck Sark

Fuck you BMD

This is true. Your administration selling out to the whims of rich assholes leads you to this. You need real leadership hiring a real coach and letting him have the proper time to do his job. 

Right now you're a 3rd tier program. 3 teams are tier 1, a few tier 2, and you and a bunch of others tier 3. Top players mostly don't want to do tier 3. Unless you start using that money you supposedly have and start paying them off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 12

Sarkisian, after being under Saban for a couple of years, probably has learned the kind of work ethic necessary to field great teams. He should be far more knowledgeable about both offense and defense than Herman. He and Alabama could easily be the next Nat'l Champ. 

If we couldn't get Meyer, he's a solid second choice. Far better than Kelly and the offensive shit show he gave us yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It might be because Herman already has accepted another job.

Maybe, but I would think Herman’s agent would leak that’s he’s leaving for a different job rather than it being widely reported Herman’s fired. Either way, if it was Sark, I would’ve hoped we’d wait a week so he could come in immediately as Herman is let go but also be coming off a title win. 

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Do you even fucking watch college football? Have we seen what Sark has done with Alabama’s offense compared to Saban’s earlier teams. Their offense is so much more explosive than the McElroy, McCarron era teams.The plays he has designed and called will kill at Texas. We have the head coaching and offensive mind firepower to match Riley and OU. Offensive recruits are going to cream their pants wanting to be the next Tua, Devonta or Najee. After Urban, thus us the best hire that could have been made. Team Cutty Sark here.

maybe the most special post of the new year so far...

all you need now, are about 20 5-star players...Eagles = Devonta Smith and so on.  Lulz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4