Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

19 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

He also doesn’t have a staff of buddies he will be bringing along

Just thinking the same thing. 

Not thrilled, but until he loses two openers to Maryland and incorrectly references Of Mice and Men as an excuse, I'm willing to believe.

Dare to dream we might beat OU and TCU in the same season.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We only know Tom isn't an offensive guru because of his time here. At Ohio State he was absolutely thought of as the offensive mastermind, just like you think Sark is now.

I’m sure there were some people who considered Tom an offensive mastermind when he was hired but his performance under Meyer didn’t mean much of anything. Herman’s resume was thinner than Strong’s when he was hired and he was more a product of media driven hype than real success. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Washington was a historically solid program that bottomed out after a legendarily bad hire in Tyrone Willingham. Sark ended up rebuilding the program to where they were at least a bowl team. He was also 7-19 vs ranked teams there and lost those games by an average of 23 points per game.

And that's the nicest thing you can say about his head coaching resume.

He was considered a rising star at the time, which is why USC plucked him away. 

24 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Herman did more to send those guys to Bama than Sark.  Herman may win the reverse recruiting championship this year. 

No.  It was the rumors of him being fired.  He had 3 very good classes.  This year at 17, OU had a very good class.  That's who we lost players to this year.  Alabama got a couple, but they get a couple anywhere they want.

Reporter from Washington... Posted on 247

Kim Grinolds

I dealt with Steve a lot while he was at Washington. First thing to know is he is incredibly bright. He learned a lot at Washington and fought some demons. He's a bright, articulate, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love Sark. It will be interesting to see who he fills his staff with. Knowing the competitive nature of Sark, I'm sure he negotiated a large assistant salary pool. If he gets Tosh Lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I've ever dealt with. He's currently with Atlanta.

He's an outstanding recruiter and phenomenal working with QB's. He trusts his guys and has an edge. Guys love playing for him.

Texas didn't hit a home run with Sark. They hit a grand slam.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Reporter from Washington... Posted on 247

Kim Grinolds

I dealt with Steve a lot while he was at Washington. First thing to know is he is incredibly bright. He learned a lot at Washington and fought some demons. He's a bright, articulate, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love Sark. It will be interesting to see who he fills his staff with. Knowing the competitive nature of Sark, I'm sure he negotiated a large assistant salary pool. If he gets Tosh Lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I've ever dealt with. He's currently with Atlanta.

He's an outstanding recruiter and phenomenal working with QB's. He trusts his guys and has an edge. Guys love playing for him.

Texas didn't hit a home run with Sark. They hit a grand slam.

Already posted upthread.

• immamac changed the title to Herman Fired.
37 minutes ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

Not a football expert by any means, but certainly a world class alcoholic in my day for about 35 years.  No need to revisit the genetics of alcoholism, but suffice to say, those guys are right, stress doesn’t lead to alcoholism. However, it is one of the biggest causes of relapse.  Keep that in mind.  Horrible hire for a place like the University of Texas.  There are no guarantees in life, but stress being related to relapse is one of them. 

Since Texas is a no pressure job, we should be good, right? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, troph said:

anyway I'm out, seems like we might be a basketball school now.  41-34 on the road at Rock Chalk...

I like you, but you are hardcore dooming today. Go take a walk and get away from the internet 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2