Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

is this a fuckheadman (futureman) type of promise?

No, because I do not, nor do I have any desire to exhaustively live my online life as a hated internet troll because I'm not a miserable human being. The man's only redeeming quality is the fact he won't reject Mayo as a condiment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

No, because I do not, nor do I have any desire to exhaustively live my online life as a hated internet troll because I'm not a miserable human being. The man's only redeeming quality is the fact he won't reject Mayo as a condiment. 

The Brockermeyers can get fucked, but if we get Flood (and I say this having heard nothing about it) I'd like our chances to flip the Brocks more than I'd trust them to flip Ewers. And that's not a knock against Sark. Ewers didn't like what he saw, and then he basically heard bad things. Without Meyer he was done.

I'd love to be wrong. 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No one. Ewers isn't coming back. 

You're right of course but now is not the time for this. It's the time for putting together dream staffs, thinking about Stingley and others portal-ing over and imagining Ewers dropping bombs in the burnt orange for Sarks high powered offense. After such a beating of a season this is the fun part.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Would you put your asshole on the line though?

12 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

No way Saban would let his OC, OL, WR, and TE coaches all leave at the same time. Unless whoever his new OC is would demand his own staff, just seems like way too much turnover for Alabama

Or unless he's retiring.

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I hope so.

Rod B has been less than enthusiastic about this hire - one of the reasons being that its hard to replicate that Alabama success just because no one else has the numbers or talent on their support staff.

I think Herman wanted to do that - I just don't know that he hired the right people.  Hopefully Sark has the knowledge and the checkbook he needs.

Who is Rod B advocating for, or is he just getting in early as a contrarian?

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If not now, could see a Banks pickup later this year or next year... really getting feel Saban might make this his last rodeo (repeat this yearly) with all the changeovers he deals with year to year. At some point will get old and win this year he tops Bear and can go out on top.

1 minute ago, Knewk210 said:

Or unless he's retiring.

People need to stop it with this Saban returning nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Knewk210 said:

Or unless he's retiring.

If he is retiring, you’d think sark would take that job instead of texas.  Yes it’s following a legend, but it’s also taking over a well running machine vs taking over a collection of parts.  
...unless they reached out to dabo and got a yes, and told sark he wasn’t getting it. 

Just now, Babytime said:

Who is Rod B advocating for, or is he just getting in early as a contrarian?

Rob B to me is un-listenable. His voice is nails on a chalkboard. He may be the best analyst out there but I hate the way he sounds. The whiny, nasally pitch to his voice just sucks.

Is tomorrow the day still that some of the staff announcements are made? I get the Bama guys couldn't be announced, but it seems like everyone else could. Unless Sark is looking to do an "Avengers Assemble" group staff reveal.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Saw Roach mention him earlier, and a rando on IT brought him up, but Sark maybe should take a look at Jason Mohns in some sort of role.  He's a High School coach out of Arizona that is very respected nationally and apparently has been expected to be the next high school guy make the step up.

He's the son of a former college/NFL coach.  Expectations are he would kill recruiting the west coast.  Young guy still in his 30's.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Saw Roach mention him earlier, and a rando on IT brought him up, but Sark maybe should take a look at Jason Mohns in some sort of role.  He's a High School coach out of Arizona that is very respected nationally and apparently has been expected to be the next high school guy make the step up.

He's the son of a former college/NFL coach.  Expectations are he would kill recruiting the west coast.  Young guy still in his 30's.

Hire him as Carrington's assistant and get him rolling on cruitin.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Doesn’t his school recruit nationally but predominantly from the west coast similar to IMG?

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

AAUvwnhAqDb8fBWUCspB7h5QO2QUyk2tFPxULM29

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn’t his school recruit nationally but predominantly from the west coast similar to IMG?

Scottsdale Saguaro is a public school. But good players have a tendency to move into their district when they're 13 or 14 like an Allen or a Katy.

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Gerry:

Don't underestimate the Jeff Banks/Kyle Flood continuity on the field and in recruiting.

Banks is the lead recruiter on more than 10 2022's in Texas for Alabama.

Banks and Flood are tag team recruiting 2022 OL's ...

Devon Campbell
Neto Umeozulu
Kelvin Banks
Cole Hutson
Jaylen Early
Kam Dewberry

Have to admit, this gave me a chubby. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Rob B to me is un-listenable. His voice is nails on a chalkboard. He may be the best analyst out there but I hate the way he sounds. The whiny, nasally pitch to his voice just sucks.

Is tomorrow the day still that some of the staff announcements are made? I get the Bama guys couldn't be announced, but it seems like everyone else could. Unless Sark is looking to do an "Avengers Assemble" group staff reveal.

Thanks for the introduction, brother.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wonder if Saban told Banks he was now the next in line for when he retired and that he'd groom him.  Kind of makes sense as to why we'd hear that he was likely coming, and then all of a sudden he isn't.  

I don't think any way Saban retires at the end of this year or else Sark would have stayed.  But he can't coach forever.  So dangling that carrot would definitely make Banks reconsider if he was planning on coming originally.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Scottsdale Saguaro is a public school. But good players have a tendency to move into their district when they're 13 or 14 like an Allen or a Katy.

You can pretty much go to any school you want to here in Arizona. At least I think that's the case,  my kid is only 6 so he's away from those hs choices. My niece went to pinnacle when North canyon was closer. 

2 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

Wonder if Saban told Banks he was now the next in line for when he retired and that he'd groom him.  Kind of makes sense as to why we'd hear that he was likely coming, and then all of a sudden he isn't.  

I don't think any way Saban retires at the end of this year or else Sark would have stayed.  But he can't coach forever.  So dangling that carrot would definitely make Banks reconsider if he was planning on coming originally.

Banks as HCIW?  No chance.

41 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry Hamilton has a Louisiana source who thinks Raymond is still in play, regardless of Muschamp.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yep, guys like Raymond, Tosh, Banks, Tee Martin, etc. are all “believe it when I see it” guys that are brought up during every coaching search. Would be great, but it isn’t a failure if they aren’t brought in.

Just now, texifornia said:

Barry Odom is a very good coordinator. He was making chicken salad with Chad Morris' Arkansas recruits.

he had a walk-on DB picking off like 3 passes in a game or some such stuff.  they were light years better.  only a couple of blow outs and were in most games because of the D.

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Yep, guys like Raymond, Tosh, Banks, Tee Martin, etc. are all “believe it when I see it” guys that are brought up during every coaching search. Would be great, but it isn’t a failure if they aren’t brought in.

Banks was for me. 

but Tosh(soon to be unemployed), Raymond(multitude of internal stuff going on at LSU), and Tee Martin(his boss will be fired this year sometime) all are reasonable options. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I'm still not getting myself excited about Flood until it is announced.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Why the hell would Sark want Barry Odom as defensive coordinator? Arkansas defense was worse than ours emoji35.png

I think everyone was saying he did a lot with less talent than most SEC teams and could do a lot more with our more. But not like the OL coach Flood that did more with more talent , but will still do more with our less talent.