Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, touchthemonolith said:

Can someone give me a TL;DR explanation of Sark, an offensive-minded coach, hiring all of his defensive position coordinators without first hiring a DC? I can't imagine most guys wanting to come to a place where they have no say in their staff: is there someone that he's already unofficially tapped for the job?

So far, Blake Gideon seems to be the only hire.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, touchthemonolith said:

Can someone give me a TL;DR explanation of Sark, an offensive-minded coach, hiring all of his defensive position coordinators without first hiring a DC? I can't imagine most guys wanting to come to a place where they have no say in their staff: is there someone that he's already unofficially tapped for the job?

There's a 100% chance that Sark has chosen his DC and we're waiting for that person to be done with the NFL playoffs or the Natty on Monday night.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Agreed. Didn’t see or hear anything at all obnoxious from them at that game. 

Although we didn't end up attending the game in Columbus, the Michigan fans warned us what to expect.  Told us that tOSU fans were the most aggressive, vicious and classless fans anywhere.  

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

That would mean it's likely Golding

It just means the guy hasn't interviewed his candidates yet, after his first option fell through. Golding has been Saban's golden boy. I'd like to see exactly where the "Bama is firing Golding after the NT game" bullshit started. Might it happen? Sure, Saban churns through staff. Is it going to? Where did the original thread of that notion start to get pulled? It comes across as bullshit and I haven't seen any smoke from Texas or Bama on it, but maybe there's something that I missed as this thread flies by here.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, closetojumping said:

It just means the guy hasn't interviewed his candidates yet, after his first option fell through. Golding has been Saban's golden boy. I'd like to see exactly where the "Bama is firing Golding after the NT game" bullshit started. Might it happen? Sure, Saban churns through staff. Is it going to? Where the original thread of that notion start to get pulled? It comes across as bullshit and I haven't seen any smoke from Texas or Bama on it, but maybe there's something that I missed as this thread flies by here.

As far as I can tell, an anonymous twitter account posted midseason that Golding had been replaced by Charlie Strong, which while that was easily disproven by Bama mods, it got the train rolling on the "wait, is Golding actually good" meme on Bama boards 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It comes across as bullshit and I haven't seen any smoke from Texas or Bama on it, but maybe there's something that I missed as this thread flies by here.

I've sleuthed it a bit and haven't found anything significant. Some of you are better at that than me, though. 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

As far as I can tell, an anonymous twitter account posted midseason that Golding had been replaced by Charlie Strong, which while that was easily disproven by Bama mods, it got the train rolling on the "wait, is Golding actually good" meme on Bama boards 

624260830.jpg.0.jpg

May be a decent coordinator ? 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It just means the guy hasn't interviewed his candidates yet, after his first option fell through. Golding has been Saban's golden boy. I'd like to see exactly where the "Bama is firing Golding after the NT game" bullshit started. Might it happen? Sure, Saban churns through staff. Is it going to? Where did the original thread of that notion start to get pulled? It comes across as bullshit and I haven't seen any smoke from Texas or Bama on it, but maybe there's something that I missed as this thread flies by here.

There’s always the chance that Saban really is retiring, in which case he doesn’t care that staff is leaving. Low odds, but one can dream. 

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

🦑👈🤠💪🤡🦑

The OC title can't be right on this. There is no way Milwee get's OC title over Flood, right? 

Tower: Flight two-zero niner, you're cleared for take-off.
Capt. Clarence Oveur: Roger.
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower: L.A. departure frequency one two three point niner.
Capt. Clarence Oveur: Roger.
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Capt. Clarence Oveur: Huh?
Tower: Flight two-zero niner, cleared for vector three-two-four.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Capt. Clarence Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower: Tower Radio, clearance, over.
Oveur: That's 'Clarence Oveur', over.
Tower: Roger.
Tower: Roger, over.
Roger Murdock: What?
Capt. Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm simply not sleuthy enough (and I'm too damn lazy) to figure out the pet monkey reference with Banks, but somebody needs to explain...please.

Regardless, sign up the guy with the stripper wife and pet sex monkey...chop chop.

Edited by hobbs

14 minutes ago, MissouriHorn said:

For those who have the time today... Sark talking some ball here. 

"We are not a running QB team and we never will be. We believe in throwing the football and protecting our QB." ... Thompson is going to set the B12 on fire next year. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Gee, you don't say? Who could've seen this coming? Funny, you'd think with a last name of "Smart", that he'd...

pfft.  Georgia State and Tennessee Tech better watch out.  nothing will come of this.  NCAA is toothless.

• Rage+1 1