Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

27 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I lived in LR for two years when we were all SWC.  They hated Texas more than they loved their wives/sister/cousins.  When the game was played in Fayetteville,  Little Rock stores painted windows, shut down early,  people took friday off, drank and talked smack.  Little Rock is 200 miles from campus.  

If that was the 1969 game the stories passed down were Longhorn fans were refused service at restaurants and gas stations in Arkansas going home after the game. Has anyone else ever heard this?  Bastards.

27 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Considering that the Falcons offense has been WAY worse with Dirk Koetter than it ever was with Sark I'd imagine Sark would really enjoy interviewing Quinn.

I don't know. Could be a hey I was just hard on the issues soft on people type thing. We are cool right!

1 hour ago, TBD said:

Someone might be auditioning for the conditioning coach

He can have the job if he brings Demas with him. Demas under the projected Texas coaching staff would have a much better shot at becoming the next Smith than at aggy when he will not become the #1 guy until his SR year.

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You know what, it could lead to confirmation of what someone else mentioned that he has not been happy at LSU in a few years

orgeron took his whole unit from him 

BD1B1BBF-62EE-4D0A-82FD-14985899B2D4.jpeg

Because the 10th assistant was added 

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I understand that 2005 tOSU was no walk in the park.

Yep. I went to grad school with an OSU alumn who got us tickets. He wouldn't leave the stadium until I flipped my UT shirt inside out. He was convinced I was going to get my ass kicked before we got out of the stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I thought we hate Footwork King. Do we like him again and I just didn't get the memo?

We hated him when our coaches were too inept to work the trainer network and didn’t drop bags. Now that we’re officially joining the mud fight we like him.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Yep. I went to grad school with an OSU alumn who got us tickets. He wouldn't leave the stadium until I flipped my UT shirt inside out. He was convinced I was going to get my ass kicked before we got out of the stadium.

Story hits close to home, as I’m sitting here watching one of Limas’ kids play volleyball right now...

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

To be fair Blake could be ST/assistant db coach

while Raymond is a co-dc/defense passing game coordinator/db

Exactly...Give Raymond the DB coach tams make Gideon the Asst and let him learn and develop even more 

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Jan 12 2019 - LSU DB Coach Corey Raymond to interview for same position at Georgia

Jan 14 2019 - LSU DB coach Corey Raymond expected to stay at LSU after taking interview with UGA

Jan 19 2020 - LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond has turned down a job offer from Texas A&M

Jan 20 2020 - LSU DB coach Corey Raymond agrees to contract extension, per sources

Every. Single. Year. The man is not leaving LSU.

So....twice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

We Texas olds know it's called Fayettenam for a reason. 

It's the only place I ever felt afraid as a kid, and we traveled to all the away games.  Grown ass man pushed me and called me a son of a bitch when I was walking to the restroom.   Of course I was wearing my burnt orange.  I was 10.  The area is lovely but the people ruin it.

• Like 1

Fayetteville is probably one of my all time favorite Texas road game experiences. Great game atmosphere. Watching Larry Dibbles rip their souls out in 2004 is up there in the all time great Texas defensive plays. I will be there for sure in September. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

apologies for the shitty pic of the leftovers (I posted my comment after dinner), but it was fantastic. this is minus the rice btw

82ee95af1f4e6d3941e5da501ea0eab3.jpg

Oh, gumbos, curries, chilis, stews. Always look a bit like dog vomit. Usually taste fucking awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Crazy that this subject was mentioned. Went to the game in 2005 with 15 UT alumni from my days in the mid 80’s. Left our wives/girlfriends in the hotel after hearing about the crowd concerning visiting teams. Prior to the game we all were up beat and confident but not over the top. Buckeye’s were just as confident but with no “throw down” moments. After the game was over, beer bottles were tossed at us and taunting was over the top. Worse away game experience that I’ve ever attended. Fortunately our group size probably limited any additional confrontation.