Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 hour ago, ElChupacabra said:

Eh. Close. 

It's much prettier than Oklahoma and I've lived or been to every corner of that God forsaken state. The food is wayyyyyy better in Oklahoma though. At least those goobers have decent mexican food.

Spoiler alert, those aren’t Mexicans, they’re Indians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

I heard Morgan Freeman's voice

Morgan freeman when they do a documentary on the dynasty thats about to happen: And that Allstar coaching staff that was put together would go on to win multiple national championships.

Edited by Lou_Sassle

Freeman did not accept or reject LSU and is flying back to Cinci to talk it over with his inner circle..

Maybe there is more juice to the potential issues at LSU that it is causing him pause, or he want to shop the LSU offer or he wants to still see if UT is interested, or he needs to see if Fickle stays or leaves and he can be the Cinci HC.

Biggest thing is that he didnt accept the LSU offer and so he is still in play and Raymond still has more uncertainty on who he is going to be working with.. All of those work in our favor on multiple fronts.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If I were Tee Martin, I would be dropping bags off at the Alabama Field House for Sark to come to Texas with him.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30667800/tennessee-not-extending-contracts-pause-hiring-amid-football-investigation-sources-say

Well is Tee Martin caught up in all of this?  Isn't there risk hiring him if he gets hit with suspensions/show cause?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Freeman did not accept or reject LSU and is flying back to Cinci to talk it over with his inner circle..

Maybe there is more juice to the potential issues at LSU that it is causing him pause, or he want to shop the LSU offer or he wants to still see if UT is interested, or he needs to see if Fickle stays or leaves and he can be the Cinci HC.

Biggest thing is that he didnt accept the LSU offer and so he is still in play and Raymond still has more uncertainty on who he is going to be working with.. All of those work in our favor on multiple fronts.

Freeman walked into Raymond's office, shut the door, sat down, threw his feet on the table, took the longhorn cap out of his pocket and put it on his head. Then he pulled a huge bag of cash out of his other pocket and tossed it on the table in front of Raymond.

"You in?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

52 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

heard something funny about Boulware from someone who was a staff member for Herman.  He was hired and paid way more than his worth so we could get intel on Lincoln Riley's offense and what kid of defenses make him uncomfortable.  So the first day he was in meetings and they put him on the whiteboard.  And it was clear within two minutes he had no fucking clue what he was doing.  So they stopped asking.

Funny.  Didn't papa Brock think Boulware was a great hire. 

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Well is Tee Martin caught up in all of this?  Isn't there risk hiring him if he gets hit with suspensions/show cause?

The allegations are centered around an OL Amarius Mims who signed with Georgia. Tennessee does not show up under the recruitment on 247, so not sure who was running it.  And of course Georgia isn't being investigated. lulz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Freeman walked into Raymond's office, shut the door, sat down, threw his feet on the table, took the longhorn cap out of his pocket and put it on his head. Then he pulled a huge bag of cash out of his other pocket and tossed it on the table in front of Raymond.

"You in?"

Poetic justice for those two assholes recruiting for LSU while on a trip to Texas

57 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Gut, Eddie was a piece of crap. I won't go into it but he did something that to my knowledge no coach has ever done to a visiting team. It was beyond disgusting.

Barnhill sucked.

49 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

You have to go into detail, this is Surly. 

No air conditioning in the visitor locker room!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The allegations are centered around an OL Amarius Mims who signed with Georgia. Tennessee does not show up under the recruitment on 247, so not sure who was running it.  And of course Georgia isn't being investigated. lulz

Doing a little more digging, it appears that Will Friend, the ex OL coach was the recruiter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Funny.  Didn't papa Brock think Boulware was a great hire. 

Blake and Boulware would have been linemates for a year at Texas. Maybe Boulware was the mole inside the program that convinced Blake to send his kids elsewhere.

Fuck 'em all!

45 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Hell yeah! Had to fight our way out of the stadium and all the way back to Texas after the Toni Jones catch in '87. 

Stafford to Jones Beats the Hogs!

Only @Auburn in 1983 was a bigger charlie foxtrot after the game.

That was such a great finish. The look on Hatfield’s face is priceless. 

Love that on 4th and goal from the 18 we had a fullback in the game. 80’s football. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

How awkward would it be for Dan Quinn to come on as DC? The guy who hired Sark in Atlanta then fired him 2 years later

Considering that the Falcons offense has been WAY worse with Dirk Koetter than it ever was with Sark I'd imagine Sark would really enjoy interviewing Quinn.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

My Dad and his cousin reported the same behavior from the middle-60s onward, especially not being able to buy gas in AR-kansas if you had Texas plates, especially after Texas wins in both Pigville and LR.

I lived in LR for two years when we were all SWC.  They hated Texas more than they loved their wives/sister/cousins.  When the game was played in Fayetteville,  Little Rock stores painted windows, shut down early,  people took friday off, drank and talked smack.  Little Rock is 200 miles from campus.  

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Brian Niedermeyer (insert Animal House joke here) is the coach that seems to be implicated in the original investigation, but of course once they start pulling on a thread, who know what they are finding. The original complaint seems to surround a coach possibly giving a current player a credit card to take a recruit out and show a good time for a visit. But that’s just rumors. Seems like there would have to be more than that for such a story to get out. 

19 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I lived in LR for two years when we were all SWC.  They hated Texas more than they loved their wives/sister/cousins.  When the game was played in Fayetteville,  Little Rock stores painted windows, shut down early,  people took friday off, drank and talked smack.  Little Rock is 200 miles from campus.  

And at least 20 years behind where Northwest Arkansas is these days

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

"You in?"

Well done.  

31 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I thought we hate Footwork King. Do we like him again and I just didn't get the memo?

Hopefully you realize our conditioning coach is going to be either Footwork King or Billy Blanks.

2 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

So Orangebloods most recent update mentions that Raymond is behind Ansley the Tennessee DC for the db coach role. Might it be him and Tosh in a co-dc duo?

Anwar didn’t report it as fact. He said that one source believes that