Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

40 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I just want to know if the average Texas fans is willing to forgive Pruitt of his sins and receive that prodigal son?  Dude is a legit DC.  Why do I get the feeling that Sark is not clear that Texas does not operate on the level of the SEC in terms of how "things" are done.  On the one hand i'm glad but on the other hand its a very new position for the average Texas fan to be in.  The thought of hiring an investigated Pruitt in and of itself will be a new one for the fanbase.  If he is on Sarks list ultimately I can see framing this as his redemption tour under Texas' tight control  but as you throw in Banks I sense the collective set of eyebrows on the scale of judgement start to rise.  Interesting times.      

Counter point: Casey Horny

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Dammit, I'm not scrolling through several pages of the Coaching Staff or Not Much Bust thread.  Did we announce any coaches overnight?

I was under the impression the thread titled "official assistant coach hirings" by Blackman would tell you if anything happened. I first check that out before coming here for the bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

The Urban or bust thread was the biggest shitposting thread the internet has ever seen.

Seems like that momentum has carried over in to this thread. This site was better when it wasn’t overrun with morons.

Yeah,  but look how many new posters we have here. Sure, some of them escaped a psychiatric ward, but they’re streaming in for imma. 

Back on topic since @Orange&White so rudely ran this thread off course:

Phillip Fulmer is an asshole and he’s the one responsible for Tennessee’s utter shitshow. He has destroyed that program. Like Mack Brown here, Fulmer thinks HE is Tennessee Football. He is what Mack would have been as AD and what Barry Alvarez is at Wisconsin. They can’t let anyone steal their thunder. 

• Like 2

May be giving him too much credit but maybe he wants to be near them?
Brings up the alternate: does Pole Assassin have custody of her kids? If not, would she want to be several states away? I know she's traveled to different poleing sites for her job, but that was temporary. If she doesn't want to leave and Banks isn't ready to give up on the hot monkey loving....

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Can’t remember if I have RD on ignore or not. I only know I’m no-longer seeing posts about “lol Texas isn‘t going to pay Tom’s buyout on too of a new coach because of the optics.”

He snapped after it happened and the psych ward took away his computer privileges

7 minutes ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Brings up the alternate: does Pole Assassin have custody of her kids? If not, would she want to be several states away? I know she's traveled to different poleing sites for her job, but that was temporary. If she doesn't want to leave and Banks isn't ready to give up on the hot monkey loving....

If CTJ's post is correct - Banks brought the stripper and her monkey to Tuscaloosa with him.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Pole is from Texas apparently.  Their 7 kids can bond with sarks 7 kids

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

I assume the hundreds and hundreds of posts since last night around 11pm are just filled with talk about ice cream, diabetes, and painfully awkward and thirsty interactions with Nicole?

A yellow python ate a dog, asshole. But keep making your jokes. 

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

I assume the hundreds and hundreds of posts since last night around 11pm are just filled with talk about ice cream, diabetes, and painfully awkward and thirsty interactions with Nicole?

There are a few nuggets of actual info in there. Mainly Banks seeming more like a possibility now. No word on Wiggins. Pruitt is the latest DC candidate under the microscope.

• Hook 'Em 2

Right, but by then I will have to spend 45 fucking minutes reading through bullshit to get tot he fucking part I care about.
Just because there is no news to report does not mean everyone should just fill the fucking space with frivolous fucking banter. Go to other threads. 
There is literally a thread with confirmed coaching hires. If something happens, it'll be posted there. No need to wade through anything.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Would u assholes shut the fuck up about the video. No one needs to be reminded that someone is a big enough sick fuck to post something like that. He/she should be ip banned from the site and thats it. 

So shut the fuck up about it, it’s not funny, it’s not part of the shaggy/surly craziness. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, Orange&White said:
Right, but by then I will have to spend 45 fucking minutes reading through bullshit to get tot he fucking part I care about.
Just because there is no news to report does not mean everyone should just fill the fucking space with frivolous fucking banter. Go to other threads. 

There is literally a thread with confirmed coaching hires. If something happens, it'll be posted there. No need to wade through anything.

Where did that thread go?

Edit: I see it now. It blends in with the new theme when no new posts. I'll go back to my day job. 

Edited by hornian

TFB

Spoiler

***As I mentioned, some of the new staff members arrived yesterday. I was able to confirm that among those was Bo Davis. I already mentioned that Gideon and Joseph were there, as well.

***It sounds like coach Flood will be in today.

***On the matter of Gideon and Joseph, this is going to be something to watch. Based on what I’ve heard, it sounds like their respective roles may not have been entirely clear. Terry Joseph came to Texas as a passing game coordinator at Notre Dame. In other words, he runs the secondary and then will have help from a cornerbacks coach.

***It sounds like Gideon was under the impression that he would be coaching both Special Teams and Safeties. But, a passing game coordinator coaches the safeties. And, Gideon wasn’t coaching safeties at Ole Miss.

***So, I’m not exactly sure how this is going to play out. But as one source said, Terry Joseph isn’t coming to Texas just to coach cornerbacks. That’s a step back in his career and he’s considered too talented as a developer to go back to just being a corners coach.

***As you know, yesterday I noted that we are hearing Tennessee HC Jeremey Pruitt is a possible candidate for the Texas DC job. As you know, Tennessee is currently under investigation for NCAA violations and many believe it will ultimately cost Pruitt his job.

***For a while, I had been told that if that happened and Muschamp decided against going to Alabama, Nick would want Pruitt back. Word is Nick thinks very highly of Pruitt as a DC. But one source told me that they believe Pruitt would prefer going to Texas over Alabama as Alabama may feel like a step back in Pruitt’s career.

***I am told that Pruitt is expected to meet with NCAA folks this week. So, I would surmise this thing should begin to play itself out fairly quickly.

***This Pruitt deal may explain the delay in a DC announcement.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

The Pruitt thing seems like click-bait, I don’t buy it. Don’t buy the idea that he has been Sark’s plan for some time and that’s why we’ve had such uncertainty and waiting on the DC side. Planning on Pruitt pending the uncertain outcome of a serious investigation would be such a gamble, makes no sense.

Do I buy the idea that Pruitt is a candidate if we haven’t found our guy yet, timing otherwise works out and the investigation and any aftermath (negotiated buyout, etc.) happen to shake out in his favor? Sure. But the current 9.95 narrative is just them coming up with shit cause they’ve exhausted DC talking points, IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

For a guy who looks like Banks to pull someone like that.....he has to have a massive cock right?

No man.  When you work at a sausage factory you dont wake up every day thinking about sausage! You remind yourself that you have monkeys to feed and bills to pay.  So you close your eyes, do work on lil smokie, and earn that check.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I think so..  CTJ mentioned yesterday that he and the wife were going through a divorce when he took off to Alabama, leaving her and the kids in Texas.

Thoughts and prayers to CTJ in this time of sorrow after splitting with his wife. #grammarabiguity

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

frivolous fucking banter.

New surly motto?

51 minutes ago, futureman said:

blacklab’s thread has all the coaching updates. and it’s less than 20 posts.

But it hasn't been updated since Friday.  I would expect to see all of the noise on Flood there at least, but nothing.