Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

TFB:
Spoiler

***As you know by now, our sense a back in December that Sark was emerging as “the guy” has come to fruition. I will offer my thoughts on this hire, shortly.

***But for now, we’ve been trying to get a sense of where Sark will go for his hires.

***I’ve reached out to the same sources who originally gave us Sark’s name as being possibly the guy at Texas.

***The only two names they felt fairly confident about are names you’ve already heard – Kyle Flood “as OL coach or possibly OC”.

***Also, source said they, “think Tosh (Lupoi) will be DL or OLB coach”.

***Source added, “Sark is trying to take a few guys from Bama that Butch (Jones) wanted. AJ Milwee, a real up and comer on the offense as a position coach and maybe future OC”. Source seemed less certain on this front.

***Also, I was told that in the meeting yesterday between Sark and the players, Sark apparently told the players he would be interviewing the current coaches on staff (obviously fairly standard) but source said Sark added, “we want you guys to be comfortable”. I’m interpreting here but that sounds like something you say when you already have an intention to retain someone or multiple someones.

***I imagine that discussions with the AD and admin about retentions were had during negotiations but I don’t know if Sark gave them the “yeah we can definitely consider that” with nothing binding him to keeping anyone or if the AD and admin insisted on retaining certain people.

***Lastly, Bo Davis’ name has begun to circulate as a possible hire on the defensive line. I heard the name, as well. However, I know that Bo is very close to coach Saban and coach Saban holds him in very high esteem. I was told by one of my sources that “If coach (Saban) wants Bo, and I think he does, and there’s a spot, Bo will be at Alabama”.

***More as I get it and feel comfortable running it.

UPDATE (10:02 AM)

***Had some additional corroboration from another source on the likelihood of Tosh Lupoi ending up at Texas. This is a source who I’ve known for a while that is very close to the Washington program and has been for a while. Source just said, “I’d bet a lot of money Tosh ends up there”.

***Source also said that a name to watch is Doug Nussmeier. Source said, “Saban hired Nuss which started the UW to Alabama coaching connection”. This is less the source hearing this will happen, and more the source who has known all the UW guys for a long time believing the nature of their relationship makes it a real possibility.

UPDATE (10:39 AM)

***Football Scoop is reporting that Sark is targeting Alabama WR coach, Holmon Wiggins.

Link here.

Always tough to pull someone away from Saban but I like the moxie.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2

IT poster being skeptical on Sark bringing bama staff 

Burton’s response-Some maybe. Not all though. Banks and Flood, I know for sure, are real possibilities. Milwee is coming, period. He’s turning down Arkansas State OC job.

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Can’t imagine Raymond coming if Ash is retained. Hope to be wrong about that but would imagine we would keep Valai which is fine. If Ash is retained my guess is the only changes we see are at DE and DT with Hutzler and Valai retained

Why?  Do you think Ash is that high on Valai? 

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Can’t imagine Raymond coming if Ash is retained. Hope to be wrong about that but would imagine we would keep Valai which is fine. If Ash is retained my guess is the only changes we see are at DE and DT with Hutzler and Valai retained

Yeah, this was my thought. I wouldn't be too bummed if we retained Valai because players seem to love him and his first recruiting cycle went well, but damn Raymond would be as close to a slam dunk as you could get.

4 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

IT poster being skeptical on Sark bringing bama staff 

Burton’s response-Some maybe. Not all though. Banks and Flood, I know for sure, are real possibilities. Milwee is coming, period. He’s turning down Arkansas State OC job.

Hopefully Arkie St. calls the Major to fill that role.  He's better than S. Alabama.  Damn. 

24 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Pro-tip: don’t ever rely on Facebook for Texas football information. The official posts from the University’s page yesterday was full of morons commenting that Herman just needed more time with his players, can’t believe we fired such a standup man of high morals, etc. It’ll truly rot your brain

Michelle has a lot of burner accounts 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Yeah, this was my thought. I wouldn't be too bummed if we retained Valai because players seem to love him and his first recruiting cycle went well, but damn Raymond would be as close to a slam dunk as you could get.

There is still smoke around Raymond even now that Coach Boom is out. Could be his usual search for a raise but lot of reports now that he wants out before the allegations get worse

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

TFB:

Hide contents

***As you know by now, our sense a back in December that Sark was emerging as “the guy” has come to fruition. I will offer my thoughts on this hire, shortly.

***But for now, we’ve been trying to get a sense of where Sark will go for his hires.

***I’ve reached out to the same sources who originally gave us Sark’s name as being possibly the guy at Texas.

***The only two names they felt fairly confident about are names you’ve already heard – Kyle Flood “as OL coach or possibly OC”.

***Also, source said they, “think Tosh (Lupoi) will be DL or OLB coach”.

***Source added, “Sark is trying to take a few guys from Bama that Butch (Jones) wanted. AJ Milwee, a real up and comer on the offense as a position coach and maybe future OC”. Source seemed less certain on this front.

***Also, I was told that in the meeting yesterday between Sark and the players, Sark apparently told the players he would be interviewing the current coaches on staff (obviously fairly standard) but source said Sark added, “we want you guys to be comfortable”. I’m interpreting here but that sounds like something you say when you already have an intention to retain someone or multiple someones.

***I imagine that discussions with the AD and admin about retentions were had during negotiations but I don’t know if Sark gave them the “yeah we can definitely consider that” with nothing binding him to keeping anyone or if the AD and admin insisted on retaining certain people.

***Lastly, Bo Davis’ name has begun to circulate as a possible hire on the defensive line. I heard the name, as well. However, I know that Bo is very close to coach Saban and coach Saban holds him in very high esteem. I was told by one of my sources that “If coach (Saban) wants Bo, and I think he does, and there’s a spot, Bo will be at Alabama”.

***More as I get it and feel comfortable running it.

UPDATE (10:02 AM)

***Had some additional corroboration from another source on the likelihood of Tosh Lupoi ending up at Texas. This is a source who I’ve known for a while that is very close to the Washington program and has been for a while. Source just said, “I’d bet a lot of money Tosh ends up there”.

***Source also said that a name to watch is Doug Nussmeier. Source said, “Saban hired Nuss which started the UW to Alabama coaching connection”. This is less the source hearing this will happen, and more the source who has known all the UW guys for a long time believing the nature of their relationship makes it a real possibility.

UPDATE (10:39 AM)

***Football Scoop is reporting that Sark is targeting Alabama WR coach, Holmon Wiggins.

Link here.

Always tough to pull someone away from Saban but I like the moxie.

I approve this message.

Just now, Beef said:

Major actually took the OC job at Arky State and then left a week later to take the OC job at South Bama. So yeah, about your post.

Well, that goes to show you how up to date i am on Arky st. S Bama and the Major.  Moving right along, nothing to see here. 

I think a defense of the following be fucking great

DL Giles, Lupoi.  I’m not tied to Giles but the dude can coach and has our DL playing lights out.  Pair him with Lupoi who’s a recruiting witch and we’re going to clean up in the state and nationally.

LB:  Huztler.  Solid coach and recruiter

CB: Corey Raymond.  Valai needs to be replaced.  Our CB play has been terrible.  If you have a chance to upgrade, you do it.  If Ash wants to hitch his wagon, then he’s free to move on.

DC/S:  Ash

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Can someone explain to me why all these Bama coaches would lateral with Sark to UT? I'm assuming money whips? Because we've now heard the OL coach, WR coach, and TE/ST coach may all move. Can't imagine Saban is just gonna let them go without a fight

As others have mentioned if Saban is really on the verge of retirement, most of these guys are potentially on the hot seat.  It would make sense to secure your future in a favorable situation now then be forced to scramble if the new Bama HC brings in his crew.

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

Remember, behind every hot woman there’s always someone who’s grown tired of her drama/bs.  Always.

This is incorrect.  There is absolutely no man behind a hot woman that is tired of her BS.  It is once you are NOT behind them that the wariness begins.

• Haha 3

Just now, taybo20 said:

I don’t envy Sark juggling these coach retainments with also game planning under a guy like saban.

Saban is for sure checking his phone and internet history, probably keeping him separate from the other coaches as well. Possibly chained to his desk

41 minutes ago, Xian said:

I just dont see saban keeping sark on staff this week if he is actively trying recruit coaches away from him. 

Seems very anti-saban. 

either sark is that good or saban is truly about to retire. 

I mean, gonna toss your OC before the National championship game?

12 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

It would be refreshing to see an incoming head coach at least try to bring in the slam dunk hires, even if current staff haz a sad about it. Get the fucking best and bring them in. If Ash is a good coach focused on winning it all, he should be eager to get an upgrade, even over someone who's already good. 

On a related note -- can someone explain why Tosh Lupoi is so well thought of here? I don't know him or his history. Curious to know why he's such a big swinging dick. 

1 minute ago, honolulu horn said:

It would be refreshing to see an incoming head coach at least try to bring in the slam dunk hires, even if current staff haz a sad about it. Get the fucking best and bring them in. If Ash is a good coach focused on winning it all, he should be eager to get an upgrade, even over someone who's already good. 

On a related note -- can someone explain why Tosh Lupoi is so well thought of here? I don't know him or his history. Curious to know why he's such a big swinging dick. 

He’s possible the best (and dirtiest) recruiter in the country and he’s a good coach of his position to boot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

https://247sports.com/Coach/Tosh-Lupoi-715/AllTimeRecruits/

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, honolulu horn said:

He is probably the best bagman out there.  Recruited high profile players at UDub and killed it at Bama.  He also has NFL experience on the DL.  He was the lead recruiter for a bunch of Bama stars.... many of which were high profile recruitments like Rueben Foster, Minka Fitzpatrick, Daron Payne, Jonathan Allen.

2 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

https://247sports.com/Coach/Tosh-Lupoi-715/AllTimeRecruits/

Just take a look around and see if you find anything you like.