Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

On 11/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, TexEx15 said:

I listened to this again this morning, and my favorite part is the credit he gives Bijan and Roschon for helping to change the culture. As if I didn't already love those guys, their work ethic and attitude live on with the younger guys growing up and passing it down to the next bunch. Exactly as it should be. It doesn't seem like we've had that culture of player led accountability since 09.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Flood came with him to Texas because he believes he's the best play caller in the country. 
I like him calling plays. The offensive savants like Andy Reid just fucking do it because they know they are the best at it and it's the most important coaching decisions in the game. 
Other than recruiting, I think the order is -
Offensive play calling
DB coaching
OL coaching
Defensive playcalling
DL coaching
Special teams
Game management
Other position groups

We all wish PK scheme wouldn't give up so much passing yards but damn our tackling and clutch plays on D are still great this season. 
Going back and watching the Iowa state game their big plays were screens thrown beyond the LOS with linemen blocking 10 yards down the field. Fucking bullshit conference. The OL was even holding a DB on one of the touchdown passes. 
Guys are running wide ass open, reverses are almost always big plays, and runs are still gashing the with no Brooks. 
Coaching is fine just need to keep upgrading on defense and OL. Injuries tore the secondary up this year we are lucky we are keeping teams under and around 20

The “we hired a guy who built his reputation on being an elite OC/play caller but has shown questionable game management ability, so we should totally have him lean into that weakness throw that strength by the wayside” bit is astounding in both its stupidity and persistence.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

The biggest thing I've been impressed with down the stretch with this team is when someone goes down, next man up comes in and kicks ass.  Brooks down? well, here's three more dudes that can tote it with no dropoff.  QE goes down?  We won, and I feel great about the future.  Watts down?  Alah akbar and there's a pick. Sanders goes out?  Helm comes in and scores.  

That's a great sign of a good program in terms of talent acquisition and development.  And Sark deserves 100% of the credit for that.  I've talked a ton of shit about the guy, but I really underestimated his ability to program build like that.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I usually had rah rah shit like Herman's gold teeth and row the boat, but I love that Sark sent Sweat and Murphy out for the coin toss and then made the team listen to Yormark clips in the locker room. This team has a ton of talent, but hasn't consistently played with an edge. That hasn't been a problem the last two weeks.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:45 PM, gmr548 said:

The “we hired a guy who built his reputation on being an elite OC/play caller but has shown questionable game management ability, so we should totally have him lean into that weakness throw that strength by the wayside” bit is astounding in both its stupidity and persistence.

That's how I feel about the argument that being the full time play caller is somehow unrelated to questionable game management. He's the head coach - game management is his job.

Thank you Coach Sark for rebuilding our program and winning us the XII Championship. You have proven you’re the top offensive mind in the game and are proving yourself as a top head coach. We are lucky to have you. Let’s win the whole damn thing. Thanks for restoring the pride of the Longhorn Nation.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1