Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

From On3.

image.thumb.png.fde68b75933d969a7e34109f7c209e84.png

I don't see a name associated with this;  don't know whether it's a CB addition/deletion, a confidence % change, or what.

If it is a CB, then, in South Austin's Mom's favorite words ... "Who put it in??  Can I at least get a name, dammit???"

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From On3.

I don't see a name associated with this;  don't know whether it's a CB addition/deletion, a confidence % change, or what.

If it is a CB, then, in South Austin's Mom's favorite words ... "Who put it in??  Can I at least get a name, dammit???"

If only there was a way to view the previous page

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From On3.

Bobby said the percentages factor in the whole industry, so that change is probably just from Fong’s CB

17 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From On3.

See, that's where you are wrong, she doesn't care what your name is.

Fong’s update:

Spoiler

There has been some changes atop the leaderboard for St. Louis (Mo.) University receiver Ryan Wingo with Georgia and Tennessee sitting in pole position at different times. The Vols are still a mainstay in this one while the Bulldogs are moving down. However, now I give the edge to Texas with Missouri coming on strong following this past weekend’s official to Columbia. The Longhorns had him on campus again two weekends ago and blew it out of the water. The next scheduled visit goes to the Vols July 26-27 and then Texas A&M that weekend. Penn State and Miami will get officials in the fall. Michigan who got a June official is another program that remains in the mix and Kansas State may sneak into this one as well.

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Fong’s update:

Hide contents

There has been some changes atop the leaderboard for St. Louis (Mo.) University receiver Ryan Wingo with Georgia and Tennessee sitting in pole position at different times. The Vols are still a mainstay in this one while the Bulldogs are moving down. However, now I give the edge to Texas with Missouri coming on strong following this past weekend’s official to Columbia. The Longhorns had him on campus again two weekends ago and blew it out of the water. The next scheduled visit goes to the Vols July 26-27 and then Texas A&M that weekend. Penn State and Miami will get officials in the fall. Michigan who got a June official is another program that remains in the mix and Kansas State may sneak into this one as well.

Sounds like Fong is happy shifting his crystal balls over time with new information, unlike some guys. Which isn't surprising given how protectice he is over his percentages. We'll see what this looks like after the Vol visit, I guess, unless Wingo just shuts it down. 

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Reminder:

- JJR went on an OV to TCU

- He's originally from Texas;  spent 20/21 @ Fort Worth Brewer, was a Freshman All-American there

image.thumb.png.512684e67b7ca99f7ce5c0719dd6afbc.png

So TCU mod thinks they’re out, tOSU told him to get lost since he took the OV to us after silently committing to them, and Michigan has basically conceded he’s gone. That cover it?

2 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Any recruit that goes to Georgia probably just wants to rape chicks and get away with it. Until the program faces discipline this should be assumed and communicated to all recruits

Or reenact Tokyo Drift at the cost of their teammate’s life.

Stealing an idea for SEC network next year. " lets hunt and kill E.J. Holland. "  

And we will come back the next season with " lets hunt and kill Billy Lucci"  

Talk about a ratings blockbuster. 

Seeing as i got a weeklong vacation the last last time i stole a Bill Hicks bit. Let me state now, im not threatening to kill anybody. This is a joke. So the bitch ass that lodged the complaint last time can fuck off. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

Stealing an idea for SEC network next year. " lets hunt and kill E.J. Holland. "  

Seeing as i got a weeklong vacation the last last time i stole a Bill Hicks bit. Let me state now, im not threatening to kill anybody. This is a joke. So the bitch ass that lodged the complaint last time can fuck off. 

Suspended? From Surly? 

What kind of nancy-boy runs this place? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

So just put a bag of dicks for Lucci as bait? Easy 

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Fong’s update:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey look, I’m happy Fong thinks we lead. But Jesus, that’s shakiest explanation I’ve ever seen him from him. He needs to knock that confidence level down to a 4.

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Suspended? From Surly? 

What kind of nancy-boy runs this place? 

Yup. Somebody complained when i quoted Hicks about what Marketing people should do with themselves. A week ban. And a naughty mark in my naughty mark book. Smh. Grown ass men. Fuuuu

• Haha 1

247’s rankings are ass this cycle, they don’t even have Simmons as top 5 in-state. That is completely indefensible. 

3 minutes ago, Fug said:

How do we lose too recruits in Texas to the fuckin clown of a human being Dabo?

Wesco is not the best player in the state, that ranking is nonsense, but Wesco’s sister was a soccer player at OU. He was considered a lock there until OU fired their soccer coach and his sister decided to transfer.

It was too late for us by then though, Wesco had cream and red goggles on for much of his recruitment, so I doubt there was much of a relationship with the Texas staff by the time the OU stuff went down.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TXRed said:

I find it hard to believe that there are 26 players better than Colin Simmons in this class. 

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Colin-Simmons-at-Duncanville-272580/RecruitRankHistory/?history=top247

247 has always been lower on him than everyone else:

image.thumb.png.ec256ca609aade46753582e1096ae65d.png

vs everyone else who has him in the top 10:

image.png.1ae9ec73092bcf6c33930067300e564d.png

idk how the top 25 are going to shake out, but i think the bigger issue is that i don't see a world where he is actually outside the top 5 in Texas

image.thumb.png.2fbbd6b057e547dc499c88c8fa0a8c73.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls