Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yes, I remember they revived him on the field.  I think it might have even been his parents, both Drs if I remember correctly, that did it with an AED machine.

Yes, his mother is Barbara Bergen, I forgot his dad's name. I worked for her practice when I first moved to Austin in 1992. I knew Matt when he was in elementary school. Great family. They bought a little farm out by Muldoon that they would invite us to.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, Getafix said:

Where I sit with LSU and 5-star DL Dominick McKinley

Sonny Shipp (LSU 247)

(And, for the lulz ...)  "LSU has to use these next eight days to show its entire benefits package – on the field, in the classroom 🤣  🤣  🤣 , NIL opportunities, etc. – ..."

Reveal hidden contents

Where I sit with LSU and 5-star DL Dominick McKinley

Sonny Shipp (LSU 247)

Today marked eight days out from 5-star DL Dominick McKinley's announcement that is set for Friday, Sept. 1.

The lone uncommitted prospect inside the top 10 for Louisiana’s 2024 class has coaching staffs at Ohio State, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, and LSU working overtime as the clock ticks down.

The lines of communication between LSU and McKinley’s camp, primarily his mom, dad and uncle, remain open and things have trended in more of a positive direction over the last 10 days or so. I still feel LSU has ground to make up, but I am not sure who is sitting in that pole position.

Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson has been the lead recruiter for the Buckeyes from the start. We heard former LSU product Rashard Lawrence rave about Johnson when he came out of Neville and many discounted the Buckeyes back then. The same thing happened with McKinley, but the Buckeyes are definitely a legitimate threat.

Guarded optimism is how I would label some sentiment on the OSU side. The Texas sentiment coming from some who have picks in on the Longhorns remains positive about their chances. TJ Lindsey’s commitment to Auburn made McKinley an even higher priority for the Longhorns, and we know they have a huge pool of NIL resources to fall back on.

Texas A&M and Oklahoma have not been mentioned as much, but I think the Aggies are the bigger threat of the two.

If I had to put in a pick right now, I’m not sure who it would go to. I do know it would not go to the home team at this stage and on the current terms.

While I feel LSU has made up some ground since the Bayou Splash and the medical event that followed with Jimmy Lindsey, there is still more work for Frank Wilson and co. that lies ahead over the next week.

LSU has already expressed the need to add one of the country’s best defensive linemen to the roster and how he fit. The staff has shown him and his brother the benefits of staying inside the state and the path to the NFL.

Now, LSU has to use these next eight days to show its entire benefits package – on the field, in the classroom, NIL opportunities, etc. – in this current environment of college football is at least on par with the one that matters the most.

my lord. they gonna wear that poor gymnast girl plumb out!

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Was edited after I loaded the page.  So that wasn't there when I went to make the joke and I didn't see the change when I quoted.

I edited immediately after posting, you posted like 3 hours later, and the edit made it into your quoted text.

In summation, take a lap. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yes, I remember they revived him on the field.  I think it might have even been his parents, both Drs if I remember correctly, that did it with an AED machine.

When someone asks for a doctor at a Westlake game, the crowd responds “What kind?”

Then there’s always a guy asking if they need a lawyer too.
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I edited immediately after posting, you posted like 3 hours later, and the edit made it into your quoted text.

In summation, take a lap. 

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You do know that some of us leave pages open. I even loaded the new posts and looked for the joke, but whatever. Still funny

This duck on duck violence has gone on long enough. Whether you're a Duck of Death or a Duck of the Risen Perspirer, birds of a feather need to stick together.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I’m pretty sure Justin Tucker’s (who was Westlake’s kicker at the time) dad (a cardiologist) came out of the stands and used the defibrillator that shocked his heart back into rhythm.

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

In a twist no one saw coming, the "oooo he has real interest in Texas" notes were complete nonsense

https://www.on3.com/db/eli-bowen-147553/

So they got 5'8 corners to match their 5'7 receivers. Okie playing that long (short) game...

11 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Are you an anti-dentite!?

Bryan Cranston Seinfeld GIF by HULU

Heisenberg?!

Just to clarify Matt Nader’s parents live in Rollingwood - Paul Nader is a nephrologist and Barbara Bergin is an orthopedic surgeon - those two, his parents performed CPR, until Justin Tucker’s dad, Paul, a cardiologist, took over and used the defibrillator.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Just to clarify Matt Nader’s parents live in Rollingwood - Paul Nader is a nephrologist and Barbara Bergin is an orthopedic surgeon - those two, his parents performed CPR, until Justin Tucker’s dad, Paul, a cardiologist, took over and used the defibrillator.

And then Justin sang opera.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

In a twist no one saw coming, the "oooo he has real interest in Texas" notes were complete nonsense

https://www.on3.com/db/eli-bowen-147553/

I know Peyton is supposed to be a dude, but I just can't bring myself to be give a shit about either one of these guys. I feel like OU is doomed to go through a down cycle for the foreseeable future. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls