Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

5 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Don't tase me bro ...but

Anwar and Ketch are saying that Hudson might be back in play from their 2 different sources

Current break down of 5*s for 2024 (no Pac12 etc)-

Big10:    5 - all Ohio St

Ind:    1 - Notre Dame

SEC:  20 - everybody (almost)

Big16:  1 - Hudson

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
6 hours ago, Thiefery said:
Don't tase me bro ...but

Anwar and Ketch are saying that Hudson might be back in play from their 2 different sources

IT, Gerry/Eric said that the ship has sailed on today's afternoon live stream. my words not theirs but you get the drift.

Maybe he's in play... just not for us

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I'm not going to out them publicly but there's three guys in Houston responsible for the vast majority of our NIL fundraising, at least to players that don't have broader appeal (Worthy, for example.  Guys like Bijan are NIL earners without needing help). 

You can name them here. This is a safe space 

8 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

I was at an industry event about a month ago where Cody Campbell spoke.  At the end, they opened up for questions.  Only 1 question was asked "What do you think of Tech football this year?"  He laughed and said "Best 1-3 team in the nation".  Seems like a good guy. 

is he ever gonna get cross canadian ragweed back together?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Weren’t supposedly back talking to Wesco???

I definitely wouldn't mind if they were in Wesco's ear, especially with Clemson seemingly fading - particularly on offense. I don't think he's in the same tier as Wingo but I'd still take him in a heartbeat

But for real, worrying about wr is pretty dumb with the portal hemorrhaging WR's. We got Neyor, who I'm sure would have been a bad ass had he not torn his ACL, we got Mitchell who is as advertised, and there will be more. Even that Singer kid who ended up at USC looks good, as we passed on him for AD. So if AD didn't hit the portal it's not like we weren't going to find another dude. I just hope this next one learns how to block. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Yes, because high school stars always become college stars and proven college players still have to prove themselves… wait..

Why bother recruiting receivers at all, then? Maybe the whole recruiting thing is stupid except for linemen who need to develop.

Great retort!

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Why bother recruiting receivers at all, then? Maybe the whole recruiting thing is stupid except for linemen who need to develop.

Great retort!

I don't think he said recruiting receivers is a waste of resources. Just took issue with characterization of any HS prospect as a "bird in the hand" when compared to someone who has played at CFB level. 

Relax!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

I don't think he said recruiting receivers is a waste of resources. Just took issue with characterization of any HS prospect as a "bird in the hand" when compared to someone who has played at CFB level. 

Relax!

I hadn't ceased relaxing. I stand by my point and understood his.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:53 PM, LCHorn said:

I'm not going to out them publicly but there's three guys in Houston responsible for the vast majority of our NIL fundraising, at least to players that don't have broader appeal (Worthy, for example.  Guys like Bijan are NIL earners without needing help). 

I live in San Antonio. 🤣

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

I don’t think you can really compare recruiting pre-NIL to today; the dynamics are just too different.  

$80K is still $80K whether it is NIL or bag. If we don't meet the going rate, they aren't going to sign here.

Feels like we say the exact same thing about 5* HS WR every year for like the last 15 years now. "No big deal, there's always the portal/next year". Would be kinda nice to actually land them sometimes.

And honestly , several of our more dynamic WR playmakers over the past 12 years literally fell into our lap due to other schools fucking up. Worthy and Duvernay are two that come to mind immediately.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jebus said:

Proposal for new board motto

I am adopting it for my personal motto. It will appear on all of my posts from here on out. 

Wallowing in self-flagellation 

Just kidding, but I agree it should be the Surly motto

• Haha 1

Honestly Wingo might be the least of our worries. 

Black

Filsaime 

Solomon Williams

Mack

Gipson 

need to be the biggest priorities after what we’ve seen lately. 

Bad part about that though if our coaching/schematics don’t get better none of this even matters. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Honestly Wingo might be the least of our worries. 

Black

Filsaime 

Solomon Williams

Mack

Gipson 

need to be the biggest priorities after what we’ve seen lately. 

Bad part about that though if our coaching/schematics don’t get better none of this even matters. 

Gipson's injury should remove him off any board. He's likely never going to be the same player he was a year ago.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Gipson's injury should remove him off any board. He's likely never going to be the same player he was a year ago.

Tough break (pun intended) for the kid. It's one thing to get hurt in college and miss your NFL shot while retaining the benefits of a good degree that still sets you up for life. It really is another thing to have college dreams snapped from you by an injury in high school. Totally changes your life trajectory. 

Wiltfong: Oregon now top 2 for Solomon Williams (Who is the other in the top 2? Well he doesn't answer that)

Spoiler

Tampa (Fla.) Carrollwood Day Top247 edge rusher Solomon Williams took his official visit to Oregon over the weekend where he saw the ninth-ranked Ducks defeat Washington State 38-24.

Williams loved his latest experience in Eugene after a great trip back in July.

“Weekend went great!” Williams told 247Sports. “Really enjoyed myself at Oregon. Highlights were seeing the young edge rushers play great and seeing myself in that position!

“Really enjoyed myself.”

Oregon is battling the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Texas and Texas A&M.

“Oregon is definitely top two after this trip, truly opened my eyes,” Williams said.

“What really caught my eye this weekend was the young edge rushesr having a huge impact on the game.”

Williams credits that to the Ducks staff.

“What would be a great fit for myself would be just the knowledge Coach (Dan) Lanning and Coach Tosh (Lupoi) both have at the position being gurus at the position,” Williams said, adding he loves the talent level within the program.

“Also the development playing against one of the best o-lines in the country.”

Williams has already taken officials to Texas and Texas A&M this fall and is expected back at Alabama for the LSU game before deciding.

247Sports ranks Williams as the nation’s No. 10 edge rusher and No. 150 prospect overall. Oregon would love to add him to a class ranked No. 9 nationally.

Would be fun for Aggy to lose out on him at least

17 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Wiltfong: Oregon now top 2 for Solomon Williams (Who is the other in the top 2? Well he doesn't answer that)

Hide contents

Tampa (Fla.) Carrollwood Day Top247 edge rusher Solomon Williams took his official visit to Oregon over the weekend where he saw the ninth-ranked Ducks defeat Washington State 38-24.

Williams loved his latest experience in Eugene after a great trip back in July.

“Weekend went great!” Williams told 247Sports. “Really enjoyed myself at Oregon. Highlights were seeing the young edge rushers play great and seeing myself in that position!

“Really enjoyed myself.”

Oregon is battling the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Texas and Texas A&M.

“Oregon is definitely top two after this trip, truly opened my eyes,” Williams said.

“What really caught my eye this weekend was the young edge rushesr having a huge impact on the game.”

Williams credits that to the Ducks staff.

“What would be a great fit for myself would be just the knowledge Coach (Dan) Lanning and Coach Tosh (Lupoi) both have at the position being gurus at the position,” Williams said, adding he loves the talent level within the program.

“Also the development playing against one of the best o-lines in the country.”

Williams has already taken officials to Texas and Texas A&M this fall and is expected back at Alabama for the LSU game before deciding.

247Sports ranks Williams as the nation’s No. 10 edge rusher and No. 150 prospect overall. Oregon would love to add him to a class ranked No. 9 nationally.

Would be fun for Aggy to lose out on him at least

Damn so now no Williams either???

Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

• Hook 'Em 1