The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

I enjoy the part where a WV legislator apparently lives with grandma who looks about 65 but is probably closer to 50....on brand, so so deliciously on brand. 

She did miss the chance to throw the horns down though.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My first instinct is the grandmother was being sarcastic by thanking Trump for the "riot at the White House". Her grandson is going to jail and she's upset. 

She is, but you don't actually expect Trump to understand any sort of nuance, do you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

I enjoy the part where a WV legislator apparently lives with grandma.....on brand, so so deliciously on brand. 

She did miss the chance to throw the horns down though.

Grandma barely looked 60 but has a grandkid old enough to be in the state ledge?  Then again, I don't know how hill people age.....

7 minutes ago, Mole said:

Why are roving hoards of terrorist and terrorist sympathizers running loose in the airport? They are a danger to everyone there. Would TSA let guys with ISIS lapel pins run wild in the airport? After Tuesday, I'm struggling to see the difference.

Truly, at what point do these lunatics get treated seriously? There have been threats on government officials lives and a cop died yesterday, you'd think we wouldn't be allowing the mobs to rush up on people that have targets on their backs.

That said, fuck you Lindsey. I hope you still have a sliver of feeling in your dead soul to know you did this to yourself.

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Pelosi had a laptop stolen. There’s no telling what they took and now what Russia has.

You don't know Russia has it.

I'm sure it ended up to the highest bidder.  In true Trump fashion. 

Just now, aggie08 said:

If there's one slight positive out of all this, the Republicans in the House have absolutely no room to weaken Biden (and the new Georgia Senators, for that matter) for 4 years with "illegitimate president" bullshit like you know damn well they were going to. They've got fucking McConnell and Graham calling it a legitimate election after all this, and everyone with a conscience is calling out Cruz and Hawley for the complicit pieces of shit they are. None of those cowards would dare to start that shit up now.

Inside The Nba Laughing GIF by NBA on TNT - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Dana Bash on CNN just now:  Pelosi has been assured by senior members of the pentagon that Trump will have no access to the nuclear codes for the remainder of his term.

I mean, thats great.  However it is just another fucking example of why the fat fuck needs to be put out on the street. 

Yeah no shit.  What if there is a situation where it actually calls for the president to have access to those codes.  Every country who might want to take offensive nuclear action against us right now knows that we're hobbled because of this nonsense.  That's reason enough to get rid of him today.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

No. They do NOT get to play act like they didn’t gleefully go along with Trump’s bullshittery.

You are one of the ones that has been notching up the thermometer you sick motherfucker.  Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The Cubes laying it down on little Joshua

The number of people who don't understand this is scary:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Last time I checked, Simon and Schuster wasn't a government agency.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh, hey, no big deal. None at all. Y'all remember Butina, right? Someone ask Ron Johnson and the others if they do too?

I have tons of respect for that Butina chick. She was enrolled in computer science college classes in DC WHILE infiltrating the NRA WHILE having to sleep with that crusty old dude for access and money. That bitch straight up loves her country.

8 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The dipshit that took it will boot it up and connect it to his home Wifi.  Problem solved.

If...if...that diphit is smart, he will remove the hard drive and stick it in a caddy.  Then attach the caddy to an air-gapped computer and create an image of the hard drive.

Then he will remove it the caddy from the computer.

While the computer is still air-gapped, he will take the image and start his forensic analysis.

Or, he will just fucking attach it to his Netgear router in his single-wide outside Topeka and wonder (assuming the Speaker of the House has properly secured equipment) he just can't sign into it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If...if...that diphit is smart, he will remove the hard drive and stick it in a caddy.  Then attach the caddy to an air-gapped computer and create an image of the hard drive.

While the computer is still air-gapped, he will take the image and start his forensic analysis.

Or, he will just fucking attach it to his Netgear router in his single-wide outside Topeka and wonder (assuming the Speaker of the House has properly secured equipment) he just can't sign into it.

shit just slap a thumb drive with a bootable install of tails, no need for all that nonsense 

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

shit just slap a thumb drive with a bootable install of tails, no need for all that nonsense 

(assuming dipshit is smart)

Fuck that, get rid of the hardware ASAP.  You got what you want with a image of the hard drive; no need to keep some inventoried Dell laying around the house for evidence.

Then again, he probably just wants to stick a torrented copy of Cyberpunk 2077 on it.

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Will he overclock Anton to break the encryption on the HD?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Gov't laptops have mandatory data-at-rest policies in place, so they now own a sweet laptop with a hard drive they will never get into.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Why is Graham at the airport?  None of these fucksticks should be leaving DC right now.

Mitch McTraitor adjourned the Senate until the 19th.  There's clearly nothing important going on. 

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Pelosi had a laptop stolen. There’s no telling what they took and now what Russia has.

This is among the eleven jillion reasons why the Capitol is and should remain a secure facility.  Which the Capitol police just said "fuck it, enjoy yourself and take what you want.  The hard candies in Schumer's office are particularly tasty."

14 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Regarding the laptop, it looks like just one used in a conference room for presentations. Very likely that it didn't have any data rights that would be valuable. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/08/pelosi-aide-says-laptop-stolen-from-her-office-during-storming-of-capitol.html

That would be nice.  What about all of the other materials that were taken?

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Gov't laptops have mandatory data-at-rest policies in place, so they now own a sweet laptop with a hard drive they will never get into.  

Man.  Thank goodness our enemies don't have any really good hackers or anything who can bust through all that shit.

This event was a disaster for the country on countless levels.  It was a security breach, an intelligence breach, an assault on the Constitution in action, an attempted decapitation of an entire branch of government....and, I mean, that one guy said he even took a dump in one of the restrooms and didn't flush.  

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Except Q has access to prototype quantum computers which can decrypt it.

This one couldn't, for it was after his time:

Desmond_Llewelyn_01.jpg

But this one definitely could:

03d0841f3d822ccdab528ab7756bd9f4.jpg

I imagine the American Q uses something along these lines:

b042chex.jpg

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This is among the eleven jillion reasons why the Capitol is and should remain a secure facility.  Which the Capitol police just said "fuck it, enjoy yourself and take what you want.  The hard candies in Schumer's office are particularly tasty."

That would be nice.  What about all of the other materials that were taken?

Man.  Thank goodness our enemies don't have any really good hackers or anything who can bust through all that shit.

This event was a disaster for the country on countless levels.  It was a security breach, an intelligence breach, an assault on the Constitution in action, an attempted decapitation of an entire branch of government....and, I mean, that one guy said he even took a dump in one of the restrooms and didn't flush.  

Encryption is also only as good as the key.  Most of Congress is somewhere between 90 and 1000 years old.  For half of them, there is probably a post it note stuck to the laptop with their password written on it.  For the other half, its probably one of their grandkids' names.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Truly, at what point do these lunatics get treated seriously? There have been threats on government officials lives and a cop died yesterday, you'd think we wouldn't be allowing the mobs to rush up on people that have targets on their backs.

That said, fuck you Lindsey. I hope you still have a sliver of feeling in your dead soul to know you did this to yourself.

I've been told white privilege doesn't exist so I can't understand it either.

• Rage+1 1

They aren't getting anything off the laptops if federal cybersecurity is even half as good as Texas'.

Once off the network they become useless without authentication.

Not only that but each one can be located as soon as its turned on. 

I would also think they are using roaming profiles which means nothing is ever saved locally.

Edited by MissingInAction

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Encryption is also only as good as the key.  Most of Congress is somewhere between 90 and 1000 years old.  For half of them, there is probably a post it note stuck to the laptop with their password written on it.  For the other half, its probably one of their grandkids' names.

At least Feinstein doesn't have to worry, her computer is probably never turned on.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

At least Feinstein doesn't have to worry, her computer is probably never turned on.

She has a steno pad with a list of phone numbers.  If she needs anything "computery" she calls Jim or Bob or whatever staffer she has that's great in "cyber".

This tweet came out a few hours ago from the Post. I went back through the last 10 or so pages and didn't see it so sorry if this has already been posted.

Anyway, she really did fuck around and found out.

WARNING - THIS LINK CONTAINS VIDEO OF THE MOMENTS LEADING UP TO, AND INCLUDING THE WOMAN BEING SHOT

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1347610497508630530?s=20