Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

So what’d I miss?

This just turned into an actual real trial with witnesses and people under oath. It's not just going to get swept under the rug and this is going to put ALL the facts on the record, and potentially implicate some of the other senators in the insurrection - specifically the tubster.

Buckle the fuck up, buckaroos

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This just turned into an actual real trial with witnesses and people under oath. It's not just going to get swept under the rug and this is going to put ALL the facts on the record, and potentially implicate some of the other senators in the insurrection - specifically the tubster.

It’s so sad the chaos this is causing. “Wait what?  It’s going to happen the way it is supposed to happen?  What on earth do we do?!?”

Specifically the reason why this is important is that per prior reporting, tubberville TOLD trump directly that Pence was in danger - and then trump continued to tweet that Pence was weak and needed courage.

This is pretty clear proof that trump KNEW what he was doing, and was stoking the insurrection

edit: I may have my timeline off by a couple minutes per Hayden, grain of salt ^^

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Specifically, the reason why this is important, is that per prior reporting, tubberville TOLD trump directly that Pence was in danger - and then trump continued to tweet that Pence was weak and needed courage.

This is pretty clear proof that trump KNEW what he was doing, and was stoking the insurrection

well, the tweet was at 2:24, and the call was purportedly at 2:26, if i have my details right. nevertheless, the tweet was left up, and trump still did nothing to stop the mob from ransacking the capitol.

the republican defense really stepped in it. they wanted witnesses and due process? ok. here you go, dipshit.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How much do you think Trump wants to publicly testify? 

You know his narcissism is kicking in without Twitter, he could have every eye in the world on his testimony.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Under oath and without a script?  Not a chance. 

Narcissists believe they are just better than everyone else.  He would be the "perfect" witness just like the call to Ukraine was "perfect"

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

A Few Good Men style questioning of DOTARD would be amazing

Trump: I'm an educated man but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the travel habits of the QAnon  Shaman.  

He would say something like, "You're damn right, I sent them to attack the capitol, the election was stolen and Pence had to stop the steal or die a traitor!"

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Sounds like a deal just to submit Beutler’s testimony into record 😑

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

this is going to put ALL the facts on the record, and potentially implicate some of the other senators in the insurrection - specifically the tubster.

I wouldn't shed a tear for Tommy, but based on his past performance, I see everybody BUT Tuberville getting sent to prison, then Tuberville abruptly leaves my state and goes off to be some other state's senator.

Actually, I am cool with that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so can witnesses be subpoenaed?

like... could McCarthy be forced to testify under oath about his conversation with Trump 1/6? and there's no 'taking the 5th' bc there's no threat of self-incrimination right??

tenor (19).gif

Well the Trump attorney just told us this is how it works and that this is what lawyers do in trials.  And since he is now calling for rules just like a trial, then yea, subpoena everyone, including Trump,  Pence, secret service, Melania, Trump Jr, and Evanka.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I'm confused.

Are they not calling witnesses now?

Looks like they aren’t going to drag it out after all that knowing they won’t get 17 GOP votes if Donald Trump shot 33 GOP senators himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

The GOP would drag the witness stuff out for weeks, delaying an AG confirmation and COVID relief. 

let them. 

fuck around and find out. it's not as though shumer couldn't say "business in the morning, trial in the afternoon."

fucking idiots. you have got your opponent on the ropes, and you stop punching? fuck all that.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

yeah, this is really unfortunate. democrats once again tripping over their own shoes. when they should be holding republicans accountable, they once again choose not to do so. 

goddammit. 

Mitch’s statement this morning was the nail in the coffin of the tiniest chance of 67.  All it would do is delay the senate confirming nominees and passing COVID relief before UI benefits run out in March. 

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

let them. 

fuck around and find out. it's not as though shumer couldn't say "business in the morning, trial in the afternoon."

fucking idiots. you have got your opponent on the ropes, and you stop punching? fuck all that.

GOP already shut down confirmations during the trial. No consent to move forward.  There’s like a half dozen cabinet nominees waiting on floor votes 

Edited by Js1

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

dems fold like a cheap tent

Well, yeah. They need new leadership. 

I have been tough on them and want to destroy them right now, but I won’t. They are dealing with 46 Senators that don’t care, complicit and evil. And the other 4 aren’t exactly principled. They are also trying to get a relief bill passed and cabinet filled, so this is not the best time to do this. So they will get killed in messaging the longer this goes. Imagine if we have another national security disaster. Rs will blame it on not having a Homeland Defense Security. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The Democrats could stop them with a majority vote.

And they should. Enough of the bullshit. If the GOP doesn't care about governance, then they can go home and stay there. String the trial out and make them vote to acquit and make them publicly comment on their reasoning. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

GOP already shut down confirmations during the trial. No consent to move forward.  There’s like a half dozen cabinet nominees waiting on floor votes 

use that to flip the fucking script. goddamn mcconnell knows how to use power. democrats are soft like warm butter. it's ridiculous. hold. them. accountable. 

they want to fuck around? start spending money on ads showing that the republicans are obstructing the business of government. 

get some fucking balls.

christ.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This is where I’m at. 45 senators just do not fucking care what the evidence is.  They won’t change their mind - half of them aren’t even paying attention to the trial. We are wasting time when the country needs relief - impeachment doesn’t pay the rent or put food on the table  

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is where I’m at. 45 senators just do not fucking care what the evidence is.  They won’t change their mind - half of them aren’t even paying attention to the trial. We are wasting time when the country needs relief - impeachment doesn’t pay the rent or put food on the table  

History always prevails is a cop out. History is made. Right now, in North Korea, history says Kim il Sung is a god.  History is written by the victors and the Trump GOP knows they can still be the side that writes it. The Dems can not let them do so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

There is zero point in extending this trial. None. Yes, the Dems are a waste but this isn't even a real example of it. 

Save it for when they pass a reconciliation without minimum wage and then do nothing else for 2 years to help working Americans because "AWW SHUCKS" the filibuster.

They don't have the votes to kill the filibuster.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Well, yeah. They need new leadership. 

I have been tough on them and want to destroy them right now, but I won’t. They are dealing with 46 Senators that don’t care, complicit and evil. And the other 4 aren’t exactly principled. They are also trying to get a relief bill passed and cabinet filled, so this is not the best time to do this. So they will get killed in messaging the longer this goes. Imagine if we have another national security disaster. Rs will blame it on not having a Homeland Defense Security. 

pub blame for everything that happens on a situation event or truth of their own creation

dems are eternal punching bag

so pubs can now get back to important business like voting against/filibustering everything

1 minute ago, freyguy said:

6 people died for nothing.  Good job.  I almost wish a few members of Congress had been left behind to get captured and whatever else.  Maybe then something would have come out of this.

...who am I kidding....nope.

Sadly, nothing was going to change that. Donald Trump was never going to be convicted.

• Rage+1 1