TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I love when people boo us. It just really motivates me, and sometimes it makes me laugh a little bit, just to hear that they care about us that much.  I enjoy being the villain. Sometimes, people perform better under pressure when their backs are against the wall and, up to this point, I think I’ve done a good job of that.”

Embrace Being the Villain...     Fuck The Haters!!   🤘 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476133qx3ape1a0oq0lq

• Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

https://theathletic.com/2826359/2021/09/14/for-texas-qb-casey-thompson-sting-of-being-passed-over-gives-way-to-relishing-first-start/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

“I know the outcome wasn’t the way we wanted it to go on Saturday, but I enjoyed every single moment,” Thompson said Tuesday. “I love the atmosphere. I love the crowd noise. I love when people boo us. It just really motivates me, and sometimes it makes me laugh a little bit, just to hear that they care about us that much.

“I enjoy being the villain. Sometimes, people perform better under pressure when their backs are against the wall and, up to this point, I think I’ve done a good job of that.”

I'm god damned tired of seeing teams come into our stadium and kick our ass and throw the horns down. Other teams never hesitate to play the villain, it's about time we took that swagger back. I'm tired of this "we got a target on our back every week" excuse bullshit, we need someone like Casey in there to make us the hunters, mentally. We need to be the shooters, not the target. It's been long enough. 

Back in the day when Vince said "we got some gangsters too" it was about signaling that they can swing at us, but we're gonna swing back. We're comin' for that ass too. I'd much rather have that attitude than "we just have to play our game, it's just another faceless opponent" or "it's about us, never about them". Fuck that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Cedric, Roy Williams, Nathan Vasher, and Derrick Johnson and every Texas fan disagrees with your take that 2003 was a rebuilding year. We were also ranked #5 to start the season.

Looking back at that roster you are right.  We lost a lot from 2002 but that 2003 team was way too talented for as shitty as they played against Arkie, OU Washington St (and a bad Tech taam as well with Chance's come back win).  Although still obviously the right move in hindsight to let VY work through some growing pains then that paid off the next 2 years.   Sark flat out can't afford to do that this year with Card.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

I'm god damned tired of seeing teams come into our stadium and kick our ass and throw the horns down. Other teams never hesitate to play the villain, it's about time we took that swagger back. I'm tired of this "we got a target on our back every week" excuse bullshit, we need someone like Casey in there to make us the hunters, mentally. We need to be the shooters, not the target. It's been long enough. 

Back in the day when Vince said "we got some gangsters too" it was about signaling that they can swing at us, but we're gonna swing back. We're comin' for that ass too. I'd much rather have that attitude than "we just have to play our game, it's just another faceless opponent" or "it's about us, never about them". Fuck that. 

Yep, it’s all an extension of Mack’s pussy “Weather the storm” mantra.  No, BECOME the goddamned storm!  Quit acting like Beta chucks and become fucking barbarians taking what you want at will.  Leonids said it best - “Give them nothing, but take from them E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G !”

I swear Mack’s vag juice is still dripping all over this program.  Thank God VY & company were immune.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

https://theathletic.com/2826359/2021/09/14/for-texas-qb-casey-thompson-sting-of-being-passed-over-gives-way-to-relishing-first-start/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

“I know the outcome wasn’t the way we wanted it to go on Saturday, but I enjoyed every single moment,” Thompson said Tuesday. “I love the atmosphere. I love the crowd noise. I love when people boo us. It just really motivates me, and sometimes it makes me laugh a little bit, just to hear that they care about us that much.

“I enjoy being the villain. Sometimes, people perform better under pressure when their backs are against the wall and, up to this point, I think I’ve done a good job of that.”

Love it   

20 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I have been in Team Casey for a while even though I think Card maybe our future QB a year or two from now. Casey may throw more picks than Card but that's part of being a gamer and taking chances. He also will give us the best chance to win at this juncture. 

Casey is also our best bet to beat OU

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

seth meyers GIF

Just now, Starfleet Command said:

on3 too cheap to use the Skycam feed for these GIFs?  Can't see shit here.

I agree the GIFs aren't as good as a SkyCam view, but you can see that Card oftentimes had happy feet and a couple of his long misses may not have been bad throws. It appeared he was throwing to a spot downfield and Worthy zigged when Card expected him to zag. Thompson definitely looks more poised in these few clips.

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

I agree the GIFs aren't as good as a SkyCam view, but you can see that Card oftentimes had happy feet and a couple of his long misses may not have been bad throws. It appeared he was throwing to a spot downfield and Worthy zigged when Card expected him to zag. Thompson definitely looks more poised in these few clips.

The one Miss to Whittington is really bad. He goes up right right into the pocket and threw on the run when all he needed to do was shift left set his feet and bullet it to Whittington 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

We need that and I hope his attitude permeates to the rest of the team.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

He is at least right about the Patterson thing. It’s pretty reasonable to expect Thompson to be successful against Rice and therefore hold the job going into Tech, where you’d also expect a good game. TCU is the next team with enough talent and defensive acumen to test whether or not this offense has improved. Not to mention it is a road game.

The problem is he is opening rooting for Thompson to fail because of the financial interest he has in the backup. Going to be hilarious when Card takes their money to "insert some other school" through the portal.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.jpeg

He does know this isn't helping his client at all. Texas was somewhat effective on 1st down in the 1st half against Arkansas, 2nd down had a few failures, and 3rd down was a shit show especially with the 3 straight procedural penalties.

Robinson run for 3 yards

Robinson run for 8 yards

Card run for 1 yard

Robinson run for 20 yards

Card run for 5 yards

Robinson run for 5 yards

Robinson run for 2 yards

Robinson run for 6 yards

Robinson run for 1 yard

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

How the fuck is Card banged up? The only time he was really hit was the CB blitz against Louisiana. 

He did a spin move on a run when a guy had his ankle in 2Q and limped really really bad after. Figured they pull him there because he was sucking but nah

16 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Coach Stanfield seems.......biased.

Yeah and I like that Card and his family have the money to get him a full time personal trainer QB coach but the if that's the dude he needs to chill. 

Also Card did not let it loose and just ball at any point during Arkansas he was over thinking everything and making slow or no decisions.

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

Ian Boyd turning into a bitter white guy

He is flirting with that insufferable social media martyr "Texas fans are the worst" schtick (while also bragging about being right).

I hope he doesn't follow BWG and Wescott Eberts down that same sad, dark path. Turn around, Mr. Boyd, before it's too late.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

If this is the pass up the right sideline, it didn't seem like a bad throw at all.  There's a replay on the regular broadcast that shows the route.  The WR got on the DB then took the outside right towards where the ball was thrown.  But then the WR angled back inside right as the throw was made.

If this was meant to be a convential sideline go route the ball was placed perfectly.  If it was supposed to be a pressure post, the WR should not have worked outside leverage.  If the WR had the option, he would have competely confused any QB.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

Yep, it’s all an extension of Mack’s pussy “Weather the storm” mantra.  No, BECOME the goddamned storm!  Quit acting like Beta chucks and become fucking barbarians taking what you want at will.  Leonids said it best - “Give them nothing, but take from them E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G !”

I swear Mack’s vag juice is still dripping all over this program.  Thank God VY & company were immune.

One of the most amusing (edit: pathetic) traits of Mack is how much he worships and praises the alphas like Spurrier and Stoops who routinely beat his ass. As a commentator, Mack would vigorously fellate Spurrier every chance he got, while Spurrier still openly mocks him to this day. Stoops is more dignified, but I'd love to get him drunk and get his thoughts on some of those 63-15 games.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

The problem is he is opening rooting for Thompson to fail because of the financial interest he has in the backup. Going to be hilarious when Card takes their money to "insert some other school" through the portal.

so this is going to be the worst thing about fucking NIL.  people with dollars invested openly rooting against the success of a player on the field.  FML.

The 9.95ers were fine when it was just recruiting and a good place to go to see consolidated info on high schoolers who you would otherwise not know about or see.

We don't need these fuckers to tell us anything about what happens with Texas on the field.  We can all see it and most of us have way more football knowledge than they have.

Fuck these cocksuckers with a rock bit.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

One of the most amusing (edit: pathetic) traits of Mack is how much he worships and praises the alphas like Spurrier and Stoops who routinely beat his ass. As a commentator, Mack would vigorously fellate Spurrier every chance he got, while Spurrier still openly mocks him to this day. Stoops is more dignified, but I'd love to get him drunk and get his thoughts on some of those 63-15 games.

Mack is a beta who desperately wanted to be an alpha.  The harder he tried to fake it, the more obvious it was he would never achieve his little fantasy.

The Powder Blue of North Carolina is much more fitting on him than Burnt Orange.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Yep- I thought that same thing.  Worthy had a step on what looked like a go and then he started drifting toward the post and the ball was behind him- I thought it was a bad route

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The one Miss to Whittington is really bad. He goes up right right into the pocket and threw on the run when all he needed to do was shift left set his feet and bullet it to Whittington 

Yep- that was really really bad on the miss.  And of course the Whittington EZ miss was pretty bad too. And then he threw one pretty much perfect and Whittington dropped it.  3 bad misses altogether on that attempt at a hook up.  1 completely Card's fault- 1 completely whittington's fault- and one where Whittington could have bailed out Card with a circus catch but didn't.  

Combine that with Worthy running a couple less than crisp routes, piss poor protection on a bunch of drop backs that turned into scrambles and it was a fiasco.  

Dixon intrigued me a little in his limited time.  It'd be interesting to see what Troy O has (I'm not hoping for a bunch- but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised), but this WR core looked as bad as the 9.95 press said it was during the summer against Arky.  After having a pretty solid day against LA.  I can't imagine it being a strength this year, but if it can turn into not a weakness that will obviously help.  

Basically we are looking for every unit on the offense to be average-ish and have great play calling and scheme.  Seems like a big ask right now, but hopefully that was a 1 week/early season brainfart. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice if that was the case. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, JBJ said:

If this is the pass up the right sideline, it didn't seem like a bad throw at all.  There's a replay on the regular broadcast that shows the route.  The WR got on the DB then took the outside right towards where the ball was thrown.  But then the WR angled back inside right as the throw was made.

If this was meant to be a convential sideline go route the ball was placed perfectly.  If it was supposed to be a pressure post, the WR should not have worked outside leverage.  If the WR had the option, he would have competely confused any QB.

That's pretty much exactly how I saw it live.  He had a step or a step and a half too. If the ball was on target and time and in synch with whatever route he was supposed to run it was a TD, easy.  

19 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Mack is a beta who desperately wanted to be an alpha.  The harder he tried to fake it, the more obvious it was he would never achieve his little fantasy.

The Powder Blue of North Carolina is much more fitting on him than Burnt Orange.

the ultimate "sissy blue shirt"

Pretty reasonable to see where a 19 year old kid making his first road start in Fayettnam just freaked out. He wanted to do a good job in an important game, and the weight of the moment made him get into his own head and think about it. He opted for handoffs and give reads when he needed to risk passing. He double checked his windows instead of letting the ball go. By that time, it was too late for a fast moving game.

As fans, we're still battered and fragile. We've had our optimism crushed too many times. It's all understandable.

Letting him sit and catch up to the pace of the game stands to really help Hudson Card. Casey might fling a couple of turnovers, but it won't be because he lacked confidence. He's going to make Sark pull him back as far as aggression goes.

• Hook 'Em 4

36 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I dunno, man. I loved the way Mack responded to his team being called "soft." Calling up Bill Snyder to make the player apologize, whilst getting your pussy mashed in on the field - if that's not alpha, what is?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep- I thought that same thing.  Worthy had a step on what looked like a go and then he started drifting toward the post and the ball was behind him- I thought it was a bad route

Yep- that was really really bad on the miss.  And of course the Whittington EZ miss was pretty bad too. And then he threw one pretty much perfect and Whittington dropped it.  3 bad misses altogether on that attempt at a hook up.  1 completely Card's fault- 1 completely whittington's fault- and one where Whittington could have bailed out Card with a circus catch but didn't.  

Combine that with Worthy running a couple less than crisp routes, piss poor protection on a bunch of drop backs that turned into scrambles and it was a fiasco.  

Dixon intrigued me a little in his limited time.  It'd be interesting to see what Troy O has (I'm not hoping for a bunch- but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised), but this WR core looked as bad as the 9.95 press said it was during the summer against Arky.  After having a pretty solid day against LA.  I can't imagine it being a strength this year, but if it can turn into not a weakness that will obviously help.  

Basically we are looking for every unit on the offense to be average-ish and have great play calling and scheme.  Seems like a big ask right now, but hopefully that was a 1 week/early season brainfart. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice if that was the case. 

Whittington absolutely should have caught that ball that hit him in the hands, but it was a terrible throw from Card. He threw it behind Whittington and back into the where the defense was coming from. Whittington was probably figuring he was about to get laid out and lost his concentration. If you could have replaced the EZ throw with the dropped throw and visa versa, he likely completes both of them and this discussion is irrelevant.

• Hook 'Em 1

Whoof, listening to the horn right now and they mentioned we have come completed one pass that went twenty yards in the first two games….  Ten yards was seven or eight I think they said.  Need to work some things out vs Rice and get a passing game going no matter who is in at qb.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1