NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Well fuck. Thanks for the update. MLB the show is the only other game I've played and it didn't do that to me, so here's to hoping...

The Show 24 was an 80GB download on my Xbox S.  That'll fit on like double (or triple?) layer BluRays, but there's a lot of online stuff in that game too.

Edited by MadBurgerMaker
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Hey man, THEY fucked up when they stopped producing guitar hero. Not my fault. 

I've always been team PS and bought one but don't know shit about fuck. Can you expand?

Also not an old lol

The PS5 utilizes haptic feedback, I’d think EA would make use of it. What’s more immersive than college football? Home field advantage, fatigue, big hits, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

The Show 24 was an 80GB download on my Xbox S.  That'll fit on like double (or triple?) layer BluRays, but there's a lot of online stuff in that game too.

On PS5 I got the disc, no downloads required. 

40 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

The PS5 utilizes haptic feedback, I’d think EA would make use of it. What’s more immersive than college football? Home field advantage, fatigue, big hits, etc. 

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, haven't experienced much of that on the show. Only when the ball makes contact or sliding. 

They did something like that in previous versions with the DualShock.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, haven't experienced much of that on the show. Only when the ball makes contact or sliding. 

Anyone wanna tell him?

Really looking forward to this.  Used to really be the only game I played.  I also remember my first experience playing against someone online.  I was probably in my 30's

I was playing at Texas and some kid from California played me as USC. He proceeds to kick my ass, heckling me sayinig "Texas.,Texas...". Then, from the somewhere in the room his mom starts asking him spelling questions. Some 6 year old was crushing me....

I was building a UTSA dynasty before UTSA football existed.  Turns out my uniform ideas were pretty close to what they use sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

On PS5 I got the disc, no downloads required. 

Does it run with no internet connection?  I was going to turn the wifi off on mine tonight and see how it is, but never tried that with the '23 or '24.  I hope it just means the online stuff like equipment and player packs aren't available, which would kinda gimp an RTTS player, and maybe some other things in the dynasty mode, but that's alright.

It's not the downloading part itself, which is just a way to get the files faster.  It's the ones that require always on connections that can be a problem (along with patches and such that they push, obviously, but usually it's playable without those).  Ubisoft, for example, recently shut down the servers for...I think it was The Crew...recently, leaving everyone without access to the game. 

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Anyone wanna tell him?

That that's the feedback? Cool. Just saying that from what I've read about it, there isn't a real noticeable difference from dualshock for the show. Supposedly the feedback does things like cause the resistance in the R/L2 buttons to increase/decrease situationally, and something similar with the buttons. Neither of which happens on the show.

Maybe I'll notice it when this game comes out. I'm also sure I don't fully understand what haptic feedback is, too lol. 

1 hour ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

Does it run with no internet connection?  I was going to turn the wifi off on mine tonight and see how it is, but never tried that with the '23 or '24.  I hope it just means the online stuff like equipment and player packs aren't available, which would kinda gimp an RTTS player, and maybe some other things in the dynasty mode, but that's alright.

It's not the downloading part itself, which is just a way to get the files faster.  It's the ones that require always on connections that can be a problem (along with patches and such that they push, obviously, but usually it's playable without those).  Ubisoft, for example, recently shut down the servers for...I think it was The Crew...recently, leaving everyone without access to the game. 

I think so but I only play franchise mode. The first thing I had to do with the PS5 was connect to the internet so it could update the system (and controllers, which surprised me) before I could do anything. I'm not a gamer and don't play people online so I'm the last person you should ask lol. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/17/2024 at 1:23 PM, Dark Horse said:

Y’all buying a Series S or Series X?

Last console I owned was a PS3. 

Series X is more powerful and offers better performance and visuals. 

• Like 1

I think so but I only play franchise mode. The first thing I had to do with the PS5 was connect to the internet so it could update the system (and controllers, which surprised me) before I could do anything. I'm not a gamer and don't play people online so I'm the last person you should ask lol. 

I was quoting the part about downloads and discs. Not sure why it went with the part about haptics.

38 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Does it affect gameplay or just load times? 

There is a performance difference. X pushes 12 teraflops and th S is 4? I think. X has more RAM, too. If you are running a 4k TV, the X runs in native 4k, the S supports 4k. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

.7b8ae3bf78ac90d88c6f8256c816eed7.jpg

The fact there are people out there who track this completely irrelevant shit is why they waste programming time adding it to the game.

It would be absolutely fantastic if there were zero stylistic differences between any players' uniforms but an RPO was animated correctly with offensive and defensive players making correct reads (or busting reads based on their awareness rating instead of pre-programmed silliness). But oh well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

The fact there are people out there who track this completely irrelevant shit is why they waste programming time adding it to the game.
It would be absolutely fantastic if there were zero stylistic differences between any players' uniforms but an RPO was animated correctly with offensive and defensive players making correct reads (or busting reads based on their awareness rating instead of pre-programmed silliness). But oh well.

True. Shit like this is what keeps games from being great. They want all this extra customization and nonsense, especially if they can charge for it, instead of making sure the game is right.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Are you a pants over the knee or below the knee type of guy? What are your pants plans? We can talk socks later. For now, let's clear up the pants business at hand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean I’m pretty sure those are two totally different groups on the project that work on the aesthetics and the game play, one shouldn’t affect the other.  

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean I’m pretty sure those are two totally different groups on the project that work on the aesthetics and the game play, one shouldn’t affect the other.  

True. And I want my long snapper to wear a sombrero and bear claw house slippers. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Everything has a budget. You could have twice as large a team working on gameplay. They definitely affect each other. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Does it affect gameplay or just load times? 

22 hours ago, Deej said:

There is a performance difference. X pushes 12 teraflops and th S is 4? I think. X has more RAM, too. If you are running a 4k TV, the X runs in native 4k, the S supports 4k. 

As someone who had an S and recently went to the X, spend the extra money on the Series X. Well worth it 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If you can’t get excited about players wearing a sheisty you don’t deserve this game. That’s going to be dope as fuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dignan said:

Can't wait. Only drawback is that I am gonna have to buy a new console just to play this game. Oh well. :) 

The digital version of the PS5 is good, that is what I got. The only drawback is that it takes a maddeningly long time to download a new game. Like.. start the download before you go to bed and it may or may not be done by the time you wake up kind of long. But once you get through that, the gameplay is the tits. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If I get a Series S can I run that shit through my PC so I don't have to use a complete different fucking monitor for it?

If your monitor has another HDMI in (or anything, really, and just use an adapter), you could connect the Xbox to that then just switch inputs on the monitor when you need to.  

On 5/21/2024 at 12:45 PM, Vertigo said:

The digital version of the PS5 is good, that is what I got. The only drawback is that it takes a maddeningly long time to download a new game. Like.. start the download before you go to bed and it may or may not be done by the time you wake up kind of long. But once you get through that, the gameplay is the tits. 

Sorry about your dial-up connection. 

On 5/21/2024 at 12:45 PM, Vertigo said:

Oh I know. I've been on Xbox one for some time and the download times are crazy. I've got "ok" internet speeds too. I am leaning towards moving to PS5 when I upgrade. 

20 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I hate to go all Rainman on everyone, but that shadow doesn't make a bit of sense. They had that right 3 to 4 games back prior to 2014. I've read that no stadium or atmosphere detail was let behind with the new info sharing between the developers and the universities. 

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I hate to go all Rainman on everyone, but that shadow doesn't make a bit of sense. They had that right 3 to 4 games back prior to 2014. I've read that no stadium or atmosphere detail was let behind with the new info sharing between the developers and the universities. 

image.png.479dfce5c51ac91b8793d48d342db1aa.png

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

image.png.479dfce5c51ac91b8793d48d342db1aa.png

Ah. It would've been kinda funny if they gathered all this new atmosphere data on different schools and then forgot to render the directional lighting of stadiums.