NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

The whole licensing thing is going to ruin this game. I completely understand why it's an issue but the collateral damage is it ruins it for the consumer who get a lesser product or a lesser variety of product. A lot like copyright ruins the quality of variety that could be possible in the music industry. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 7:35 AM, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

This game will be dogshit, I doubt it ever even gets released anyway.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:40 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Reskinned Madden.....ultimate team being a feature lets us know that....

Developers have stated it will nothing like Madden. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Developers have stated it will nothing like Madden. 

Yeah, an entirely different engine. And that will probably lead to some gameplay issues early on. But I think overall, after some patching here and there, this game will be great. I feel like this is one EA knows they have to get right. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Clearly some of you assholes are less desperate than me. They could port NCAA 14, slap a new titleand a $100 price tag on it and I'd still line up at midnight for it. It's been a fucking decade ffs.

Like I said, I’m probably taking a vacation day.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/24/2024 at 9:15 AM, Chooky said:

Yeah, an entirely different engine. And that will probably lead to some gameplay issues early on. But I think overall, after some patching here and there, this game will be great. I feel like this is one EA knows they have to get right. 

No, it is not an entirely different engine. It will be built on the Frostbite engine, which is what current Madden is built on. It will not be a reskin of Madden however, it sounds like EA is going to go heavy on RPO offenses, and still have the option based attacks in the game to go with all of the other flavors you see in CFB. I am really excited for it. The look and feel of the game will be very unique. I am curious about the physics, but will just have to wait and see on that. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

No, it is not an entirely different engine. It will be built on the Frostbite engine, which is what current Madden is built on. It will not be a reskin of Madden however, it sounds like EA is going to go heavy on RPO offenses, and still have the option based attacks in the game to go with all of the other flavors you see in CFB. I am really excited for it. The look and feel of the game will be very unique. I am curious about the physics, but will just have to wait and see on that. 

You have a lot of faith in EA.

47 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You have a lot of faith in EA.

I have actually spoken to the head of marketing at EA in the last 12ish months. They understand the scrutiny on this game will be intense. I told her that they better not screw this up. The developers and project leaders on this game are hardcore CFB fans, which gives me hope that they will get it within the zip code of being a great game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I have actually spoken to the head of marketing at EA in the last 12ish months. They understand the scrutiny on this game will be intense. I told her that they better not screw this up. The developers and project leaders on this game are hardcore CFB fans, which gives me hope that they will get it within the zip code of being a great game. 

They also understand the scrutiny Madden gets but still puts out shit products. 

I’ve said before, I think they’ll do everything possible to get this one right. Then they’ll charge the fuck out of us for the game and microtransactions. They can really hit this one out of the park and then just copy it for 10 years and no one would care.

Clearly some of you assholes are less desperate than me. They could port NCAA 14, slap a new title and a $100 price tag on it and I'd still line up at midnight for it. It's been a fucking decade ffs.
I'd be fine with a remastered NCAA 14 with updated rosters, stadiums and uniforms, and I'm not joking.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 10:15 AM, Chooky said:

What? It’s the same engine?

ea sucks balls I have zero faith

i will be spending $500 on a new console and buying this game day 1 though

Posted (edited)
On 2/26/2024 at 7:56 PM, Zeus said:

What? It’s the same engine?

ea sucks balls I have zero faith

i will be spending $500 on a new console and buying this game day 1 though

The fact that it's the same engine doesn't mean that the gameplay will be remotely similar. Battlefield 2042 and Dead Space are also the same engine, and I imagine you could tell the difference between those and Madden (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_(game_engine)).

My guess is that EA realizes they need to improve Madden, but:

• They don't want to risk disrupting the preexisting revenue stream from people who are addicted to MUT in its current form.
  • The codebase is so old and complex that any meaningful improvements require significant technical risk. They'd just as likely make the game worse rather than better.

They'd rather take risks with a new title. If this game does well, they'll make a future Madden more like it; if it doesn't do well, they'll cut their losses and make a future version more like Madden.

But that's just a guess.

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

The fact that it's the same engine doesn't mean that the gameplay will be remotely similar. Battlefield 2042 and Dead Space are also the same engine, and I imagine you could tell the difference between those and Madden (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_(game_engine)).

My guess is that EA realizes they need to improve Madden, but:

• They don't want to risk disrupting the preexisting revenue stream from people who are addicted to MUT in its current form.
  • The codebase is so old and complex that any meaningful improvements require significant technical risk. They'd just as likely make the game worse rather than better.

They'd rather take risks with a new title. If this game does well, they'll make a future Madden more like it; if it doesn't do well, they'll cut their losses and make a future version more like Madden.

But that's just a guess.

High hopes

I don't think that people at EA sit around and think about ways to make the game better, I think they sit around and think of ways to make more money. 

Like what you are saying about ultimate team trading cards and pay-to-win shit... That's not football simulation that's a weird gambling scheme where they get people to buy coins or whatever then spend those coins on card packs and hope they get the players they want in the pack... That's cool and all, it probably does make them money, but it's not improving the game it's just a different mode they've created and spent a bunch of time on to make money.

I'm hoping for a realistic football simulation that is fun to play. 

So realistic that Texas wins the next 12 natties in my dynasty mode. 

• Hook 'Em 2

They announced that 10,000 FBS players have already opted in and listed some big names (including Ewers).

I don't think they'd put themselves on the hook for 6 million in player likeness payments unless they were serious about releasing this year. 

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

They announced that 10,000 FBS players have already opted in and listed some big names (including Ewers).

I don't think they'd put themselves on the hook for 6 million in player likeness payments unless they were serious about releasing this year. 

Oh. It’s happening. Anyone who opts out is an absolute moron. There is legitimately no reason to opt out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

It's coming.  The only real question is how many micro transactions/pay to win are they going to attempt to stuff in there on top of the $75 price of the game.  I'm guessing a lot and they'll push you to sign up for some kind of recurring $14.99/month fee for online play or something too.

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

It's coming.  The only real question is how many micro transactions/pay to win are they going to attempt to stuff in there on top of the $75 price of the game.  I'm guessing a lot and they'll push you to sign up for some kind of recurring $14.99/month fee for online play or something too.

Ultimate team out front told you it's going to be filled with it

19 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

To repeat for this topic: Michael Jordan famously never appeared in any NBA Jam game.

He wasn't in NBA Live's, either I don't think. Well, one of them, he was someone you could unlock

On 2/24/2024 at 3:06 PM, Bevo14 said:

Clearly some of you assholes are less desperate than me. They could port NCAA 14, slap a new title and a $100 price tag on it and I'd still line up at midnight for it. It's been a fucking decade ffs.

I was thinking back to when I stopped buying Xbox games or being interested in new game debuts.  Yeah, it was exactly after the last NCAA Football came out.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He wasn't in NBA Live's, either I don't think. Well, one of them, he was someone you could unlock

NBA Live was never as big of a deal as NBA Jam was in its prime. Shaq had a stipulation in his contract that an NBA Jam TE arcade cabinet was required to follow the orlando magic to every hotel the team would stay at because he was legitimately addicted to the game. Shaq recalled that they would have NBA Jam tournaments before the finals with guys like Penny Hardaway and Reggie Miller showing up just to play. NBA Jam was an actual phenomenon that bled over into the sport. Since EA's college football game is the only one in town, it has to be compared to the NBA top dog. Of course Jordan wouldn't appear in a lesser basketball game if he was opting out of the king at the time. Jordan avoided all video games (except ironically Michael Jordan in Chaos in the Windy City, which isn't even a basketball game). But it's only really noteworthy that he skipped NBA Jam, because players would reach out to Midway themselves and beg to be included, because being included in NBA Jam TE was seen as a huge honor (remember: in NBA Jam, only 2 players per team got on, in in NBA Jam TE, only 3 players per team. It wasn't until Showtime, aka NBA Jam 4, that nearly every player in the league got in). One of my friends was the digitizing artist for NBA Jam TE, and he said they had to turn away big name players at times because they could only include so many players and everybody wanted to be in.

Of course, the flipside is the director of NBA Jam, Mark Turmell, absolutely loved that Jordan wouldn't let them put him in, because he was a detroit pistons fan. He famously included a hidden easter egg in the game -- in any game between the bulls and pistons, if the pistons have the ball on the final shot with a chance to win, their shot percentage goes up to 100% and they will hit automatically from anywhere on the court. Similarly, the opposite is true, if the bulls have the last shot and can win on a buzzer beater, their shot percentage will drop to 0 and they will brick any shot on the court.

I got to do a project for the Houston Rockets a few years back, and the NBA itself co-owns much of the NBA Jam brand. I was allowed to use any of the NBA Jam iconography and audio clips in the game I made for them at the toyota center. Within the NBA itself, NBA Jam is still a really, really big deal.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 3

Childers was just on Full Ride carrying @immamac’s water and calling Arch Manning a selfish idiot who hasn’t done anything and should opt-in for “the good of the fans” and such. 

Why is it anyone’s business if a player opts out? Some guys have very legitimate reasons to avoid it, and $600 is meaningless to guys bringing in millions. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Playing the dynasty mode and recruiting your own guys is where I normally found the most fun in this game, so I don’t really get why some of you take a guy deciding to not opt in so personal. Most of those guys are gone by year 3-4 in that mode anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

I heard this on the radio this morning and just laughed. One commentator was saying how Arch is selfish or whatever for this. His cohost was like wait....aren't you the selfish one for wanting this 19 year old to do something he doesn't want to do so that you can use his character in a video game? It was a good point.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1