Holton Hill

Machinator

10 hours ago, futureman said:

would’ve been better.  those athletes aren’t negatively affected physically by smoking weed.  he’s going to smoke anyway and he can still be an elite athlete doing it, just like a substantial portion of the NFL/NBA.  in SF he wouldn’t have to worry about being arrested for it. 

literally all he has to do is pass his one test a year until the shit gets scrapped in the next CBA. 

I love how the prevailing sentiment that NFL and NBA players smoke weed while players in other sports don't. So much bullshit with this view that gets tossed around with absolutely no push back or questioning. 

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I love how the prevailing sentiment that NFL and NBA players smoke weed while players in other sports don't. So much bullshit with this view that gets tossed around with absolutely no push back or questioning. 

why would anyone mention the two biggest sports in America? 

yeah, we know, golfers smoke. tennis players smoke. swimmers, cyclists, and volleyball players smoke. baseball, hockey, soccer... smoke. 

ceos, politicians, teachers, accountants, police, truck drivers, whatever... 

this happens to be a football thread. 

31 minutes ago, Snacks said:

why would anyone mention the two biggest sports in America? 

yeah, we know, golfers smoke. tennis players smoke. swimmers, cyclists, and volleyball players smoke. baseball, hockey, soccer... smoke. 

ceos, politicians, teachers, accountants, police, truck drivers, whatever... 

this happens to be a football thread. 

This is true, and frankly I don't understand how world class athletes smoke on a regular basis and maintain the lung health and capacity required for their jobs.

Can you imagine these guys puffing away on Camels? I mean, many of the same carcinogens, irritants, and other lung-damaging toxins that tobacco has are in marijuana too. Including tar.

I never enjoyed it, so I don't get it in the first place, but that part of it always seemed odd to me.

Edited by Disco Missile
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

This is true, and frankly I don't understand how world class athletes smoke on a regular basis and maintain the lung health and capacity required for their jobs.

Can you imagine these guys puffing away on Camels? I mean, many of the same carcinogens, irritants, and other lung-damaging toxins that tobacco has are in marijuana too. Including tar.

I never enjoyed it, so I don't get it in the first place, but that part of it always seemed odd to me.

I also don't understand how guys with a ticket to a very lucrative living can't resist doing one of the few things that will put that living in serious jeapordy.  For just a few years out of a long life.

You have to conclude that either the stuff really is addictive after all or these guys are just fucking dumbasses that can't comprehend simple logic. 

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Artificial Iverson said:

yes it's govt laws for something that shouldn't be illegal to begin with. 

I can be drug tested at my job. If I’m so insulted I don’t have to work there. My choice. Their rules.

I don’t think Holton was unaware of the rules. He chose poorly.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, thirtyand0 said:

I can be drug tested at my job. If I’m so insulted I don’t have to work there. My choice. Their rules.

I don’t think Holton was unaware of the rules. He chose poorly.

This^^  Regardless of what anyone thinks of current laws or employer regulations, Hollywood smoked himself out of being drafted.

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

All of this drama for fucking weed. It ain't that millions of dollars worth worth of fun, that's for sure.

I agree! It unfortunately is still illegal which sucks. But hey, maybe athletes don't know it's illegal or maybe just use it for medicinal and not social shit? Lulz

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He’s wanting to make it a race issue, but damn, how often do you hear of a MLB player get busted for weed? Or fail a test? I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, because I’m not that stupid. 

They let you know in advance way before you are tested. I am all on board with weed being legal. I just started a new job. As soon as they said we like you! You are hired. I was given 5 hours to go submit to a urine test. If  I fail. I am not hired. I don't understand the issue with athletes given they get warnings repeatedly over and over way more in advance. Sorry but it's still illegal. If it wasnt...which it should be... I'd smoke out too.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

All of this drama for fucking weed. It ain't millions of dollars worth worth of fun, that's for sure.

It's an escape. It's not necessarily because it's fun.

I'm sure that HH & Armanti and several other guys have smoked with former Longhorns who play in the NFL now. They see that you can smoke and get away with it. For some reason or another, HH feels the need to smoke more than others. Anxiety? Stress from home? Drama on the dating scene? Lower IQ and less of a rational look at consequences/or forgets how many weeks out until his next test... I have no idea.

Ricky smoke all the time at UT and then continued in the NFL. He occasionally got caught, but he was also a nice, intelligent guy who had won the Heisman, so he got a longer rope than most others, but he lost out on millions of dollars due to weed. Later we learned about his social anxiety disorder and he found other ways to deal with it until he'd finished his career. (No doubt that Ricky smokes again.)

Soon enough this will all be a thing of the past, but for some reason (or many reasons), HH has a difficult time refraining from weed. If the school cared that much, there'd be required psychological counseling that would be required for each player who tested positive as well as available for any other player who feels like they would like someone (not on staff) who they could talk to to work things out. (Maybe that is the policy, I have no idea, but just saying "No" is not so easy for some... Romance Taylor is another example.)

Romance Taylor called the cops bc his "brick of weed" was stolen? Right? Weed especially for medicinal purposes should not be illegal. But when you know weed is illegal. U have been given warnings for you future (it shouldn't be that way). When u are warned a long time before u r tested. 

i fail to see why anyone should feel sorry for you if you haven't sought out coaches or any one else why  you need help. Otherwise it looks like bad judgment.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

my brain is bleeding. 

I agree with ya man.

Some laws are meant to be bent. But if theres a chance I could make millions of dollars every year playing a fucking game, I wouldn't be blazed in the job interview. What a fucking idoit. You know Herman had to suspend him because he was fucking up, that should have been the wakeup call.

Grow the fuck up or go be a sandwich artist.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

He’s wanting to make it a race issue, but damn, how often do you hear of a MLB player get busted for weed? Or fail a test? I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, because I’m not that stupid. 

How often do hear of an NBA player failing a drug test? You don't hear about it in the NBA, NHL, or MLB because those leagues don't give a fuck if a player is smoking. It's not because they're not smoking or ingesting it. . 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

my brain is bleeding. 

Mine too obviously. I'm never going to understand why players who are given way more advance notice of a drug test can't refrain from weed within that time period when the rest of the world that gets a drug test notice (who will never make what why do) can. Will not.given the money they are offered

Why the fuck do we give a shit when and if he smokes weed? Jesus, this is beyond stupid. Take the law and NFL rules out of it. If he smokes so much he can't do what he does best -- play CB in the NFL -- then he has a problem. On the other hand, if he shows up to practice and games stoned and can still lock down half down the field, why does anybody give a fuck, unless and until weed is declared a PED?

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Why the fuck do we give a shit when and if he smokes weed? Jesus, this is beyond stupid. Take the law and NFL rules out of it. If he smokes so much he can't do what he does best -- play CB in the NFL -- then he has a problem. On the other hand, if he shows up to practice and games stoned and can still lock down half down the field, why does anybody give a fuck, unless and until weed is declared a PED?

Nobody gives a shit if you take the the NFL rules out of it. The point is that you can't take them out of it.

Edited by Bevo14

12 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

They do test in MLB, but you’re a true dumbass if you fail one of their weed tests. They’re not trying to catch you like the NFL is.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:51 PM, futureman said:

he absolutely was.  but he wasn’t anywhere near the top of the talent we’ve had come through austin.  get serious. 

Take the suspensions and drugs out of the equation and the kid is a first round draft pick. You are a dipshit and your schtick sucks. 

JFC, this isn't hard.  This isn't about the legality of weed.  This isn't about whether Ricky did it. 

He can't stop smoking weed long enough to pass a piss test he knows is coming.  He's a fucking addict and will get suspended.  That's why he's a UFA.  If he can manage to get clean, he might get paid on his second deal, but right now, he's a rookie minimum, get yo shit together prospect.  He needs to be in NA meetings on the reg and living that monk life.

If he wasn't a physical 6'2" lockdown corner who ran a sub 4.5, he wouldn't even have gotten that.  This is probably his last chance at football.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

He can't stop smoking weed long enough to pass a piss test he knows is coming.  He's a fucking addict and will get suspended.  That's why he's a UFA.  If he can manage to get clean, he might get paid on his second deal, but right now, he's a rookie minimum, get yo shit together prospect.  He needs to be in NA meetings on the reg and living that monk life.

as long as he’s not in the system as having failed a test he can continue to smoke like a chimney all he wants and ball out like we know he can as long as he passes his one test a year.  

7 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

They don't. Heard pitchers like the edibles before they hit the mound.

Actually, I searched and it likes like they do at some levels....but still heard from good source the pictures do like to  hit the edibles...not sure how they mask it if testing is done.

34 minutes ago, futureman said:

as long as he’s not in the system as having failed a test he can continue to smoke like a chimney all he wants and ball out like we know he can as long as he passes his one test a year.  

The problem is by all accounts the coaching staff would say "Dude, you have to pee on Y date.  Stop smoking on X day to get clean."  And he couldn't do it. That's why NFL teams are leary.  They will go out of there way to help the pot heads piss clean, literally walking them through the process.  But you have to pay attention and do your part.

Hill is either too stupid, or incapable of stopping long enough to avoid failing the first test, which is known, circled on the calendar, and the team will help you get clean with "lifestyle assistance."  After that, he's subject to the random testing protocols.  All the other players in the league know the date and make sure they're clean so they can spend the rest of the year pulling tubes like a champ.

Edited by Bateshorn