Tom Herman hired by Florida Atlantic

texifornia

On 12/3/2022 at 1:02 AM, CurlyDumps said:

There must be analytics out there suggesting coaches cut out carbs or go plant based or something. Maybe the pudgy overworked look isn't cool to recruits. Sark, Lane Kiffin, and  Herman have all lost weight recently. Even Lincoln's bitch tits look smaller.

Its called amphetamines 

53 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

"I have made a big mistake." ~ either one of them

FAU worked out well for Joey Freshwater. 

No reason it can't work for Mensa. I'll be pulling for him and the Owls. There are worse places to revive your CFB career than Boca Raton.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I've been to the FAU campus. It is surprisingly nice. 5 minutes from the beach. Hot sluts everywhere. A little slice of heaven.  

Any beach in FL is better than watching film in Chicago as a low-level lackey for da Bears.

• Hook 'Em 1

Again, no reflection on CDC.  But look at our previous head coach hires going back to our heyday:

Akers?  Fired.  Goes to Purdue.  Downgrade move.

McWilliams?  Forcefully resigns.  Never coaches again.  Downgrade move, though he remains beloved on the 40 acres.  

Mackovic.  Fired.  Goes to Arizona.  

Brown.  Forcefully resigns.  Admittedly had a great run from 1998-2009.  Goes back to UNC eventually.  Downgrade move, though he remains somewhat beloved.

Strong.  Fired.  Goes to USF.  Huge downgrade movie.

Herman.  Fired, effectively.  Goes to fucking Florida Atlantic.  There's no words to describe this move's shit.  

Point is, for such a major program...our coaches don't retire voluntarily.  They fail to live up to expectations/payment, or wear out their welcome, and fade into mediocrity.  I realize it's not unique to us, which means we're not that fucking special.  We throw good money after gambles and they usually don't pay off.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Point is, for such a major program...our coaches don't retire voluntarily.  They fail to live up to expectations/payment, or wear out their welcome, and fade into mediocrity.  I realize it's not unique to us, which means we're not that fucking special.  We throw good money after gambles and they usually don't pay off.  

Probably because it's a toss up for what makes coaching at UT difficult. Is it;

1. Meddling BMDs with unreasonable expectations or
  2. Uncooperative, troublesome administration messing with players' heads

My hope is CDC has finally got the BB's back in the box, but - if so - UT probably doesn't hire Sark in the first place. This one's on Eltife and his cronies. 

20 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Probably because it's a toss up for what makes coaching at UT difficult. Is it;

1. Meddling BMDs with unreasonable expectations or
  2. Uncooperative, troublesome administration messing with players' heads

My hope is CDC has finally got the BB's back in the box, but - if so - UT probably doesn't hire Sark in the first place. This one's on Eltife and his cronies. 

I laugh when anyone claims its harder to coach at UT than any of the other top historical programs. Every fan base similar to Texas has lofty expectations. if you win 9 games one season, you better win 10+ the next. And if you hit 10 wins the following season, you better be competing for the championship the next. Its no different at any bigtime school. If we stopped hiring gotdamn idiots for head coaches, our prospects would probably improve. Fucking Sark, lulz. 

Edited by Blotto

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I laugh when anyone claims its harder to coach at UT than any of the other top historical programs. Every fan base similar to Texas has lofty expectations. if you win 9 games one season, you better win 10+ the next. And if you hit 10 wins the following season, you better be competing for the championship the next. Its no different at any bigtime school. If we stopped hiring gotdamn idiots for head coaches, our prospects would probably improve. Fucking Sark, lulz. 

Sark's hire falls under "meddling BMDs", though, right? No argument about other bluebloods having high expectations, too.

But, maybe even he won't fuck it up with our NIL programs and we can out-talent most errbody like he experienced at Bama. Biggest positive is recruiting under him so far, especially linemen.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, Loop 1604 said:

Pain and shame? Dude is bankrolling and now at a low pressure, easy job on a beautiful campus. 

He'll be back at a P5 within 1-2 years. 10x the coach Sark could ever wish he was.

Peak offensive genius here from Tom Herman. Herman never did anything close to 49-0 either.

10x the coach!

8F8B3A31-81BA-4C2D-9F21-5E65CC5B9A64.thumb.jpeg.6010792cf5caccf2b437bf3b97342249.jpeg

• Rage+1 2

Avg SOS at Texas - SS 6.51

Avg SOS at Texas - TH 4.94

SS also had a massive exodus of talent before his 1st year. TH never faced a team like Alabama in his tenure.

You can also do apples to apples comparison for TH his first 2 years at Texas SOS avg - 5.105

1FF323F0-E3CD-4C32-9921-3E77AFBE5C02.thumb.jpeg.cf23c66a3cbf7cb29608235ac248de00.jpeg

2023 will also be another difficult one. More than I’ve seen TH ever face, assuming it’s the same rating system from what I’ve seen (even though we don’t know how good the teams are which is why I didn’t post it).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, YGIFS said:

Again, no reflection on CDC.  But look at our previous head coach hires going back to our heyday:

Akers?  Fired.  Goes to Purdue.  Downgrade move.

McWilliams?  Forcefully resigns.  Never coaches again.  Downgrade move, though he remains beloved on the 40 acres.  

Mackovic.  Fired.  Goes to Arizona.  

Brown.  Forcefully resigns.  Admittedly had a great run from 1998-2009.  Goes back to UNC eventually.  Downgrade move, though he remains somewhat beloved.

Strong.  Fired.  Goes to USF.  Huge downgrade movie.

Herman.  Fired, effectively.  Goes to fucking Florida Atlantic.  There's no words to describe this move's shit.  

Counterpoint, name one upgrade, not named Alabama, after you leave Texas?