2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

RELEASE

THE

LETTER

I also like how the media likes to portray the Astros has "getting caught." The fuck they did. A former disgruntled employee (who is also a pedophile) told on them 3 years after the incident took place.

MLB caught the Yankees and the Red Sox.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

I will be at my house watching this deal in 4k. I just found out the other day you can switch over to 4k stream with Xfinity. 

The Fox Sports App also allows you to stream in 4K. They have an HD and 4K stream of the game.

They do this for their Big noon kick off as well.

Can't pause and shit, but always check the fox sports app if Fox is broadcasting. If it's a premier game, chances are you can see it in 4K.

Astros in 4K on my 65" OLED is something to behold.

/not-so-humble, humblebrag

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The Fox Sports App also allows you to stream in 4K. They have an HD and 4K stream of the game.

They do this for their Big noon kick off as well.

Can't pause and shit, but always check the fox sports app if Fox is broadcasting. If it's a premier game, chances are you can see it in 4K.

Astros in 4K on my 65" OLED is something to behold.

/not-so-humble, humblebrag

It’s only humblebrag at 82” 😉

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

get there early, grab a seat at the bar. getting to the game is zero issues, coming back is a huge cluster. it can be easier to just walk back to ninfas or grab a bike cab. 

20 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Pro-tip.  Go park at the original Ninfa's on Navigation. Free parking. Pound a couple beers and/or a margarita and they will drive you to the game for free in their shuttle that runs non stop to and fro the game.  If you want to leave early they will pick you up 7th inning or earlier.  Any later than that and it's walk 2 or 3 blocks to the pick up site.  Best deal running in my opinion.  Probably have to call for reservations at Ninfa's but not reservations for the shuttle.  

Reserved a table at Ninfa's for 4pm.  Seems kinda early for a 7p game, but what the hell?  That's the latest available reservation at this time.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I also like how the media likes to portray the Astros has "getting caught." The fuck they did. A former disgruntled employee (who is also a pedophile) told on them 3 years after the incident took place.

MLB caught the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Another notable difference is that Joe Buck on Sirius XM Radio was quick to finger the Red Sox cheating in 2018 but hasn't made any similar mention on the broadcast. Cora is only talked about as a figure in the Astros scheme and not as the manager of the Red Sox when they were investigated after the Astros scandal broke and found to have cheated in 2018 as well as their previous incident. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Reserved a table at Ninfa's for 4pm.  Seems kinda early for a 7p game, but what the hell?  That's the latest available reservation at this time.

Yeah- bc 5:00 makes more sense for the 7:00 game. Go, eat, drink- they start the shuttle at 5:00 I think. There’s a fan fest outside before the game. Bars directly around the area if that’s your thing- or check out the ballpark and walk around. Or stay at Ninfas and drink 3 extra Rita’s- that will save a small fortune at the game. 
good luck!  Enjoy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Another notable difference is that Joe Buck on Sirius XM Radio was quick to finger the Red Sox cheating in 2018 but hasn't made any similar mention on the broadcast. Cora is only talked about as a figure in the Astros scheme and not as the manager of the Red Sox when they were investigated after the Astros scandal broke and found to have cheated in 2018 as well as their previous incident. 

Didn't you get the memo?

Astros = bad guys

Red Sox and Yankees = good guys.

Cora = genius

Don't let things like facts get in the way of a good narrative.

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

bassitt is a free agent after next season and seems right in our wheelhouse age/talent wise.  let's go get him.

Yep. It’s not the first time he’s discussed this. Quote below is from a Daniella Lerner story in July.  I also really liked how he handled that scary injury. 

3F6BBBB3-91B0-41C5-94BC-7A83E778DDE4.png

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Yep. It’s not the first time he’s discussed this. Quote below is from a Daniella Lerner story in July.  I also really liked how he handled that scary injury. 

3F6BBBB3-91B0-41C5-94BC-7A83E778DDE4.png

"a massive media thing".  exactly.

people call it a scandal, and that's what gets everyone all crazy.  the infraction is what it is.  the way the media covers it is what makes it a "scandal".

no player penalties, nobody banned from anything, no grand juries, no perjury, nobody broke the law.  the mlb let this play out in the court of public opinion and they did that for obvious self-interest related reasons we all know about.  it was not unexpected.

the way anti-astros twitter goes out of their way to insist we're still doing shady shit is laughable.  what is more likely: (1) a really good offense made up of really good offensive players that has made the playoffs 6/7 years and 5 straight alcs appearances is really good at baseball regardless of some assistance in 2017-18, or (2) they got caught in 2017-2018 but all of them have always been dirty before that and since, including a bunch of players that weren't on the 2017 roster, they just got better at hiding their nefarious methods.

the fuck outta here with it.  all of it. 

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

The last playoff game I attended solo, this happened.....

That was pre-marriage and kids for me.  I was in Dallas hanging out with college fraternity brothers for Texas-OU.  Man that weekend exorcised some demons -- ending losing streak to OU and beating the Braves in the playoffs (I do think we had beaten them the year  before, but fuck it they beat us so much).  We went and watched the Astros at a sports bar and planned to drive home after.  We ended up getting hammered drunk watching the game instead.  And spending another night in Dallas.

19 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

"a massive media thing".  exactly.

people call it a scandal, and that's what gets everyone all crazy.  the infraction is what it is.  the way the media covers it is what makes it a "scandal".

no player penalties, nobody banned from anything, no grand juries, no perjury, nobody broke the law.  the mlb let this play out in the court of public opinion and they did that for obvious self-interest related reasons we all know about.  it was not unexpected.

the way anti-astros twitter goes out of their way to insist we're still doing shady shit is laughable.  what is more likely: (1) a really good offense made up of really good offensive players that has made the playoffs 6/7 years and 5 straight alcs appearances is really good at baseball regardless of some assistance in 2017-18, or (2) they got caught in 2017-2018 but all of them have always been dirty before that and since, including a bunch of players that weren't on the 2017 roster, they just got better at hiding their nefarious methods.

the fuck outta here with it.  all of it. 

But that's just it, they didn't get caught. MLB actually did catch the Yankees and Red Sox using watches. A supposed pedophile turned in the Astros after the fact. The cheating during this period of time was likely as widespread as steroids' use was during that era in baseball.

The Astros are Clemens/Bonds/Palmiero. 

What made it harder on the Astros is the sportswriters hated the way we went about the rebuild, and the other incidents when we stepped on our own dicks.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

But that's just it, they didn't get caught. MLB actually did catch the Yankees and Red Sox using watches. A supposed pedophile turned in the Astros after the fact. The cheating during this period of time was likely as widespread as steroids' use was during that era in baseball.

The Astros are Clemens/Bonds/Palmiero. 

What made it harder on the Astros is the sportswriters hated the way we went about the rebuild, and the other incidents when we stepped on our own dicks.

got caught = the infractions were realized.

but yes, point taken, and agreed.