DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Hard evidence? These numbers are made public. For instance, the number of apprehensions/inadmissibles in February was 76,103. March was on pace for more than 100,000. But if your contention is that these numbers are fabricated, then I suppose there’s not much to discuss here. 

Please link me to those specific numbers you're referencing. It's less so that I contend the numbers are fabricated and more that I doubt that the numbers are being cited honestly and in a non-misleading way. Which again, is why I asked for the data or information that is basis of that claim, so I can see for myself.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

U.S. Border Patrol Southwest Border Apprehensions by Sector Fiscal Year 2019

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration/usbp-sw-border-apprehensions

Nice, thank you for that. So there is absolutely an increase in border crossing apprehensions, no doubt about that. Let's also consider other factors that could contribute to the increase in people trying to skip the line. There's no way that drastically narrowing policy to prevent people from entering/crossing legally could be driving the increase, along with threatening to close it which definitely wouldn't motivate people to cross now instead of later?

I guess the point I'm trying to make it that this crisis is happening, but it's being fuelled and instigated by the actions of the trump admin. They blew up the systems in place, and are now trying to make hay in the crisis that is following the complete lack of established process and mechanisms.

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Whereas the policy is not making the situation better, it is the collapse of Central America that is the root cause. That is where the solution needs to be focused. 

Well, that'll square really nicely with "AMERICA FIRST", a favorite policy position of trump

We had a damn good plan unveiled a few months ago. It was killed last week.

I am not disagreeing with you about the US policy. I am saying there are real solutions that are needed on both sides of the border. To start. 

1- Create Asylum centers in Central America. Remove the need for people to trek north. 

2- Encourage US companies to invest and create jobs. Slow down the brain drain. 

3- Develop programs to slow down the fast rate of urbanization, something none of the countries can handle. This last part is partly caused by remissions. We have an issue in Central America where kids get funds from their families in the US, and neither go to work or school. They are called Ni-Ni's. Ni Estudian, Ni Trabajan. 

During the Civil War in El Salvador every part of the country that was capable of growing food was under cultivation. That is not the case anymore. 

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

1- Create Asylum centers in Central America. Remove the need for people to trek north. 

This does not affect whether or not they have the right to come to the US to seek asylum. The treaties the US has been a part of for decades make clear that refugees and asylum seekers can choose the nation they seek entry to as part of the asylum process

58 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sure there is, keep the legitimate Central Americans looking for amnesty and send back the Mexicans looking for a better gig (not in danger of life)  until Mexico decide to start sharing in the process. 

yeah go fuck yourself. 

17 minutes ago, El Tri said:

yeah go fuck yourself. 

But I’d prefer to continue to chinga tu madre

You can’t have it both ways.  If the US is acting in a racist and bigoted manner by actively trying to shut down their southern border, all the while paying no attention to their northern border because “not brown people”, then I need an explanation of why Mexico can do the same thing.  Mexico actively works to keep Central Americans out of their country and on their way to anywhere else, while being pretty fucking lax on their north border.  Despicable for us, business  as usual for them? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

But I’d prefer to continue to chinga tu madre

You can’t have it both ways.  If the US is acting in a racist and bigoted manner by actively trying to shut down their southern border, all the while paying no attention to their northern border because “not brown people”, then I need an explanation of why Mexico can do the same thing.  Mexico actively works to keep Central Americans out of their country and on their way to anywhere else, while being pretty fucking lax on their north border.  Despicable for us, business  as usual for them? 

i'm not having it both ways. I'm a Mexican-born person whose family immigrated to the US and received amnesty in 1986.

I'm well aware of the racism in Mexico, and the hypocrisy of the Mexican government decrying the US treatment of its citizens while they treat Central Americans worse.

i don't know, maybe i'm spit-balling here, perhaps we should hold our country to a higher standard than Mexico. Call me crazy though

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 2

I’m good with that.  As I said, I’ve lived down there for a bit in a non-tourist area, and while it sort of sucked, it wasn’t amnesty worthy. I just think it’s humorous that a racist American is a POS who should be doxxed, drug thru the street, financially and emotionally ruined.  But it’s cool for Mexicans?    There’s blatant hypocrisy and that’s bullshit IMO.  Both shitty people imo (both sides!!), or shitty values anyhow.  I’d wager Mexico is full of people who feel similar to the Americans. Some don’t mind the Salvadories coming in for a better life, while the other half is thinking tough shit keeping walking north gtfo. 

*Im not speaking to you, you obviously have seen some of what I’m talking about.  I’m talking more to the boiler plate talking points wrt inmigration.   

• Like 2

Pence was in Houston today, thanking ICE for keeping us safe by congratulating the Dallas bureau for arresting 230 people in a workplace raid. Thanks for arresting those people at the chicken plant I'm sure we're all safer for it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Pence was in Houston today, thanking ICE for keeping us safe by congratulating the Dallas bureau for arresting 230 people in a workplace raid. Thanks for arresting those people at the chicken plant I'm sure we're all safer for it

He did the same thing in Atlanta two weeks ago. He bitched about the mayor for not working with ICE and then his piece of shit ass left right before rush hour and caused a huge mess.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump is pulling the nomination of Ron Vitiello to lead US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, saying he wants to go in a "tougher direction" -- a move that came at the urging of White House senior adviser Stephen Miller.

"We're going in a little different direction. Ron's a good man but we're going in a tougher direction. We want to go in a tougher direction," Trump told reporters Friday at the White House.

Miller directly lobbied Trump to pull the nomination, two White House officials told CNN.

Miller went to the President and told him that Vitiello, who has led the agency in an acting capacity since last summer, was not fully in favor of closing the southern border, as Trump has threatened to do in recent days.

The move to withdraw the nomination came as a surprise to the Department of Homeland Security and members of Congress, sources familiar with the nomination told CNN. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was unaware what was happening until after the nomination had been pulled, a person familiar with the news said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/05/politics/ice-director-nomination-pulled/index.html

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

Conservatives: we need to stop illegal immigration. 

Liberal: they want to stop all immigration! 

Conservatives support illegal immigration. Someone’s got to pick the fruit.

Xenophobic racists like the character you play on the net oppose illegal brown immigration. 

Kirstjen Nielsen Reminds Herself She A Private Citizen Now After Instinctively Detaining Mexican Child On The Street

Spoiler

nx24jyrrwx11n0qlccnz.jpg 

WASHINGTON—Reminding herself that “old habits die hard” before letting the 6-year-old out of her trunk, Kirstjen Nielsen admitted Monday that she momentarily forgot she was a private citizen after instinctively detaining a Mexican child on the street. “Oh, Kirstjen, you silly goose—you don’t have the authority to ask people for their papers anymore, let alone arrest them!” said the former secretary of the Department of Homeland Security as she helped the terrified young boy out of her car, unlocked his handcuffs, and admonished herself for letting work creep in just one day after she resigned from the government. “As much as you want it to be, enforcing the family separation policy just isn’t your job anymore. So the next time you see a Mexican family in a parking lot, don’t immediately wrestle the mother to the ground, spit on her face, and tell her that she’ll never see her dirty son again. That’s someone else’s battle now.” At press time, Nielsen took several deep breaths, told herself it was time to move on, and immediately called ICE on the boy and his family.

Trump Vows Extensive Search To Find New DHS Director With Ideal Personality Disorders

This is The Onion, though.

Spoiler

oiozwmpcmav8ux5cwzww.jpg

WASHINGTON—Following the announcement that Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was leaving her post, President Trump told reporters Monday he would conduct an extensive search to find a replacement with the right personality disorders necessary for the role. “Though I admired Kirstjen’s ability to remain cold and detached when questioned about the decision to tear apart families at the border, we require someone with an even greater lack of empathy to do this job properly,” said the president, who praised Nielsen for putting children in cages but explained that the ideal candidate for the position must possess a degree of psychopathy so severe that they believe no law or moral code of any kind applies to them. “The next person to head the department must be blessed with strong narcissistic tendencies, of course, but also a consistent record of profoundly antisocial behavior. We need someone both spiteful and cruel, but also willing to totally disregard right and wrong. Basically, the new secretary will need to have a psychological makeup that allows them to look people in the eye and tell them, without hesitation, that we don’t want any non-Americans entering the United States unless they’re coming from one of a very limited group of countries in northern Europe.” At press time, a team of psychiatrists had reportedly presented the president with a stack of résumés that consisted solely of individuals housed in supermax prisons and White House senior adviser Stephen Miller.

Edited by Rimbo

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps we’re overlooking all the folks just following orders that separated and lost those kids.   That’s the more disturbing part of this story. 

Institutional knowledge and integrity are flooding out of our govt.

Man, it’s crazy how much of an evil motherfucker the president is, right?

I mean when we grew up watching Reagan, Bush, Clinton, et al, who knew that whatever crap they did was just nothing compared to the absolute evil ignorant scumbag we would have as a president in 2019? It’s kind of crazy to think about but yet here we are.

Ripping kids away from their parents, psychologically torturing them and fucking them up for life is somehow accepted, and even encouraged?, and the president thinks we’re not doing it enough so much that he fires the evil scumbag witch he hired to do the job because she’s not being an evil scumbag witch enough to do the job right evil properly.

Man what a world we are living in. The president is an evil heartless shithole scumbag. And there are still people around who defend him. Never thought I would see this day yet here we are.

Crazy times man. 

How many of the asylum seekers are truly in danger of their lives and how many are just using that excuse to get in the country for economic purposes? 
Great question. Someone here will definitely know the exact answer, the entire system we are legally required to have that exists specifically to figure that out notwithstanding.

34 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Noted xenophobe and white nationalist weighing in. 

What about the rest of what he says in that piece?  Because selecting a single statement out of context is disingenuous and dishonest.  Do you agree with the REST of what he says in that piece?

Edited by Brisketexan

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What about the rest of what he says in that piece?  Because selecting a single statement out of context is disingenuous and dishonest.  Do you agree with the REST of what he says in that piece?

I didn’t select the statement. Newsweek did, Brisket. 

I don’t think it’s out of context. 

I agree with what he said. 

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I didn’t select the statement. Newsweek did, Brisket. 

I don’t think it’s out of context. 

I agree with what he said. 

If it is not read within the context of his complete remarks, it is LITERALLY out of context.  That's exactly what "out of context" means.  What you "think" has no bearing on that.

So, as to his overall remarks -- do you see ANY semblance of that kind of policy approach being discussed or advanced by this administration?

On 4/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, JimmyJames said:

Conservatives support illegal immigration. Someone’s got to pick the fruit.

Xenophobic racists like the character you play on the net oppose illegal brown immigration. 

I wouldn't call California "conservative" being the largest employer of illegal labor.....

Love the magic argument, if they were white, we would be fighting each other to declare amnesty for all of Central America!!!  Only if they were white.......

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I wouldn't call California "conservative" being the largest employer of illegal labor.....

Hippie communes and vegan bookstores don't employ much in the way of illegal labor.

Construction companies, large farming operations, large agricultural plants, and high-volume restaurants are among the largest employers of illegal labor.  Are Perry Homes and its owner (as just one example) liberal, or conservative?

Conservatives do have a genuine crisis of conscience going on in their movement.  The moneyed interests that have made the movement love illegal labor, because cheap labor = more profit, and it also greases the overall wheels of commerce.  But to build a winning coalition, the moneyed interests had to court that drooling xenophobe crowd.  Now the Stephen Millers of the world are in charge.  What to do, what to do?

Notice what neither one of those groups have on the table?  Treating human beings like human beings.  I noticed. 

Edited by Brisketexan

Hippie communes and vegan bookstores don't employ much in the way of illegal labor.
Construction companies, large farming operations, large agricultural plants, and high-volume restaurants are among the largest employers of illegal labor.  Are Perry Homes and its owner (as just one example) liberal, or conservative?
Conservatives do have a genuine crisis of conscience going on in their movement.  The moneyed interests that have made the movement love illegal labor, because cheap labor = more profit, and it also greases the overall wheels of commerce.  But to build a winning coalition, the moneyed interests had to court that drooling xenophobe crowd.  Now the Stephen Millers of the world are in charge.  What to do, what to do?
Notice what neither one of those groups have on the table?  Treating human beings like human beings.  I noticed. 

Exactly. These fucking mouth breathers love to rail against the undocumented population while staying completely fucking silent on Trump employing them in his properties.

They’re being played like a fiddle while the ones with the money laugh all the way to the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Love the magic argument, if they were white, we would be fighting each other to declare amnesty for all of Central America!!!  Only if they were white.......

Nihilistic Nixon style Republican orthodoxy that is still somewhat prevelent to this day originated in California, reached its republican zenith with Reagan, then over the years lost influence to the taliban style Texas acopolyptic Israel supporting Dallas evangelicals who now dominate the party.

Even though their influence has diminished, those Orange County nihilistic Republicans still support illegals coming in to pick the fruit.

Try to stop being a dumbass.

• Like 1