ERCOT Urging For Energy Conservation

Vic Mackey

Barely into the 80s and already calling for energy conservation? This is a cold front for the months ahead of us. Less than 2 months after the disaster in the winter and now this? Remember, they also told us not to expect rolling blackouts at all less than 24hrs before they actually performed these. 

https://www.fox4news.com/news/ercot-calls-for-energy-conservation-on-mid-april-day-in-low-80s-in-north-texas

DALLAS - ERCOT officials asked for energy conservation Tuesday despite temperatures across the state being nowhere close to record numbers.

As North Texans enjoyed an afternoon of temperatures in the 70s and low 80s, the operator of the state's power grid called for energy conservation.

"Due to a combination of high gen outages typical in April & higher-than-forecasted demand caused by a stalled cold front over TX, ERCOT may enter emergency conditions," ERCOT said in a tweet just after 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.

This comes two months after a catastrophic failure to keep the lights on and homes warm during an historic winter storm shook Texans' faith in the strength of the grid to work properly.

ERCOT says it does not expect customer outages at this time and asked for conservation into Tuesday night to ease stress on the grid.

ERCOT officials were scheduled to have an evening press conference to further explain what led to the call to conserve.

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

i guess it's because they're taking a bunch of plants down for maintenance and there a more plants that usual because of the damage during the freeze

Isn’t it someone’s job to understand demand and know which and how many plants they can take offline?  Seems like that should be someone’s job. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Summer should be fun. 

Fuck ERCOT. 

They’re literally trying to save money for summer. What a fucking joke. 

honestly let the national energy agency or whatever it is called that allows us to be independent take over for this shit hole company and get us back to the national grids 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dan Patrick assures me that the trans-gender bathrooms we don't have to cool this summer will more than make up for the grid's shortfall.  

Also, he offered to suck my cock.  

15 minutes ago, B00M said:

The fuckups in Feb were terrible but seemingly understandable given the tangled web of shit and conflicting incentives. This is a joke that removes all remaining confidence.

ERCOT is going to skate on the February fuckup, but they are in firm fuck around and find out territory if things go to shit this summer. I have not asked armybrat if he's consulted the Farmer's Almanac on what the summer holds for us, but if it is going to be warmer, next year is one of them even years that people vote in.

• Hook 'Em 1

In Texas, That coal is still 20% of our electrical grid generation mix is more embarrassing to me than having Aggies living among us.  I don't know how the fuck some of you dickwads reconcile that in your minds.  We have 1/5th of our portfolio coming from coal and a half million Aggies still alive.  And our Lt. Gov is a Lane Bryant sportswear model.  How the fuck is any of this possible?  Aren't we smarter than this?  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

In Texas, That coal is still 20% of our electrical grid generation mix is more embarrassing to me than having Aggies living among us.  I don't know how the fuck some of you dickwads reconcile that in your minds.  We have 1/5th of our portfolio coming from coal and a half million Aggies still alive.  And our Lt. Gov is a Lane Bryant sportswear model.  How the fuck is any of this possible?  Aren't we smarter than this?  

tenor.gif?itemid=11203440

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

ERCOT is going to skate on the February fuckup, but they are in firm fuck around and find out territory if things go to shit this summer. I have not asked armybrat if he's consulted the Farmer's Almanac on what the summer holds for us, but if it is going to be warmer, next year is one of them even years that people vote in.

This is from the CPC and it is for June through August.  Prepare your anoose.

off03_temp.gif

off03_prcp.gif

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So bitch about not having enough plants and also having too many?

27 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

And somehow, Sen. Cruz tweeted about MLB's all star game 12 times today I think........Nothing about, you know, fixing our state

Cruz isn't a state politician he's a federal one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Viper said:

So bitch about not having enough plants and also having too many?

Cruz isn't a state politician he's a federal one. 

He is a Senator elected by the State of Texas to represent Texas. He's seems to have spent most of his time today representing Georgia. 

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jesus man !!!!!  Don't you know that's what killed the dino-saurs ?!

Don’t you know that dinosaurs aren’t real, but rather the bones were planted underground by god to test our faith?  There’s no dinosaurs in the Bible and that’s a comprehensive world history starting on the first day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1