Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

13 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I find it hard to believe that we told Sexton we were full if the staff wasn't supremely confident in Williams, Robertson, Hutson, Banks and Campbell.

Maybe he just straight up wasn't a take anyway, but supposedly we told Tavorus Jones we're full because of Gatson. These guys are football coaches, not rocket scientists. Being awesome recruiters and great football minds, but also total meatheads isn't mutually exclusive.

Edited by tokamak

Mike Roach

I’ve been going back and forth on putting a pick in. Coming
out of the Texas visit, the Longhorns had a ton of momentum, but Oregon pushed back in the last few days
after making a big early impression. A source I talked to last night was leaning Texas, but I haven’t heard enough to cross Oregon off yet.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:
Mike Roach

out of the Texas visit, the Longhorns had a ton of momentum, but Oregon pushed back in the last few days
after making a big early impression. A source I talked to last night was leaning Texas, but I haven’t heard enough to cross Oregon off yet.

I think Mike Roach is fucking worthless at what he does, but this is a true highlight of his complete idiocy. Given that he never, ever fucking takes a position, of course he doesn't have a read on where this one settles. So his take here serves literally no purpose. He just shit words onto his site and they could have formed any sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:
Mike Roach

Stupid People GIF by memecandy

Wiltfong on Cam Williams

Another offensive lineman head coach Mario Cristobal and company have been swinging hard for is Duncanville (Texas) High's Cameron Williams who took an official to Eugene the first weekend of June. Williams has long had the Ducks near the top of his list but in-state Texas has made this one very interesting down the stretch. There is now buzz Williams could choose the Longhorns but nothing seems certain at this point other than Oklahoma no longer being in the mix.

Someone asked Harris and Roach if they were starting to lose faith in their sources because of potentially unfounded optimism. This is what Nick Harris posted

Spoiler

Wanted to make sure I took some time to answer this thoughtfully. I think what makes our recruiting coverage special at Horns247 is that we attack it from multiple sides. Mike has a lot of the staff sources while I have a lot of recruit/family sources (so does Mike too for that matter). We do that so we have multiple opinions on things. That being said, we try to remain as cautious as possible with our optimism. For me personally, don't take what I say as optimism unless I enter a Crystal Ball or unless I say that I am straight-up optimistic. Let's look at the scheduled commitments for this week as an example. I feel optimistic about Williams and Robertson based on who I have talked to, hence why I have Crystal Balls in. That's the beauty of that feature for me, because it can show you guys what I really think will happen. Does it always happen? Definitely not (shoutout Landon Hullaby), but every L is a learning experience for us all. Recruiting can be very trivial and every recruit is different, and we work tirelessly to try and find trends so that we can better serve you guys. Hope that can help shine some light into our thought processes.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Someone asked Harris and Roach if they were starting to lose faith in their sources because of potentially unfounded optimism. This is what Nick Harris posted

Hide contents

Recruiting can be very trivial

Is that motherfucker trying to say we're in Jeopardy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The way I interpreted Harris' post with regard to Williams is that his family is either pro-Texas or thinks it's going to be Texas (if I remember correctly at least one of his parents wanted him to be closer to home), while Roach/Wiltfong/etc. are mostly in the dark because Williams hasn't told either of the coaching staffs his decision yet.

It bears repeating that the OU mod who CB'd Williams to Texas is friends/roommates with Harris. Probably confirmation that Williams isn't going to OU more than anything else.

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

Recruiting can be very trivial 

You Keep Using That Word GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

I don't care what "technical" details you may have gotten wrong in this whole argument, I get what you're saying. That was terribad, and anyone saying any different is being a homer assed putz...

...bbbbbuuutttt I don't believe it's foreshadowing for how everything else will go, etc... Kid committed way too early. Coming off the 'ronas. He may find his way back home.... then again, he's from Ag Campo, TX.

If there is one thing we know, he won't be an aggy. We need to worry about Bama and fOSU 

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

You need to hang around El Campo, TX for a minute. He'll feel that pressure.

No thank you. My family is aggy and that's too much for me. I just show up for Thanksgiving and Christmas and after that they don't exist to me. 

As for Owens, kid is too talented to go to aggy. They have nothing to offer. Reminds me of Ossai in that he can escape the maroon periods that town is swimming in. 

CJ Vogel

I know I have advocated for Stanford having a slight lead in the recruitment of Connor Robertson over the last couple of months, but as of today, I feel very good about Texas landing the Westlake prospect.

Robertson has his decision set for tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 2

Perroni is going to ride with his Banks CB because he's had it for so long but he's not projecting as much confidence there as he was before. 

With Anderson it mainly reads like he's just hoping Jimbo can pull the late flip but he hasn't put in a pick yet because as far as he's heard it's still Texas. 

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Perroni is going to ride with his Banks CB because he's had it for so long but he's not projecting as much confidence there as he was before. 

With Anderson it mainly reads like he's just hoping Jimbo can pull the late flip but he hasn't put in a pick yet because as far as he's heard it's still Texas. 

Perroni actually has a Texas pick on Anderson.  Confidence 1 lulz.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

He put his pick in for Banks the same week he decommitted from Oklahoma State.  He's going to hang on to it as long as possible.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Super K update on Cam. The fact that he's mentioning OU tells me that he's once again out of the loop like he was with Brooks.

Spoiler

***Well, I’ll tread a little lighter today after predicting Bama yesterday on Terrance Brooks.

***Although in my defense, the information came from inside the building at Bama. Also, by extension, I was accurate on it not being Texas *eye roll at myself*

***So, on Cam Williams, instead of making a prediction about where he is going, I’ll just say that I do not get the sense the pick will be Texas.

***Think this one will come down to relationships and his relationship with Oregon and Oklahoma has been longer and stronger.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K update on Cam. The fact that he's mentioning OU tells me that he's once again out of the loop like he was with Brooks.

Hide contents

***Well, I’ll tread a little lighter today after predicting Bama yesterday on Terrance Brooks.

***Although in my defense, the information came from inside the building at Bama. Also, by extension, I was accurate on it not being Texas *eye roll at myself*

***So, on Cam Williams, instead of making a prediction about where he is going, I’ll just say that I do not get the sense the pick will be Texas.

***Think this one will come down to relationships and his relationship with Oregon and Oklahoma has been longer and stronger.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

So I think the 9.95er board on Cam currently looks like:

Harris - Texas CB confidence 7 (OU guy likely following his lead)

Super K - not Texas

Wiltfong - Oregon or UT, not a strong position either way

Such - Thinks Texas but not real confident

Roach - no f'n clue

IT - ??? Can't remember their latest position

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Super K - not Texas

Roach - no f'n clue

IT said Texas by a nose this morning

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Super K - not Texas

Roach - no f'n clue

IT seemed pretty bullish on Texas until today, now they are hedging some. 

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Super K - not Texas

Roach - no f'n clue

IT doesn't know shit. They just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks, sans Gerry. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting