Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

41 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Does anyone have an updated list of visitors today?

• Spoiler
    • OL Connor Robertson
      OL Cole Hutson
      CB Austin Jordan
      S BJ Allen 
      LB Derrick Brown
      RB Jamarion Miller
      CB Ronald ‘Champ’ Lewis
      2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau
      2022 Magnolia LB William Alexander
      2022 Pearland LB Kvon Sherman
      2023 Austin Westlake WR Jaden Greathouse
      2022 College Station LB Jaxson Slanker
      2022 Mansfield Legacy ATH Preston ‘Max’ Harris
      2022 Highland Park OL Robert Sweeney
      2024 Willis QB DJ Lagway
      2023 Gilmer DB Rohan Fluellen
      2024 Aledo CB Jaden Allen
      2022 Aledo DB Terry Lewis II
    • 2022 WR Chase Sowell
    • Kam Dewberry
Edited by nycHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Texas has to find a way to pull this kid in, he's a quiet beast, just shows up game after game. I was 'ok' with losing out on Banks as didn't think he was near as good Dewberry. Not getting Dewberry would sting a lot. Like everyone, I'm hoping Flood can reel him in.

18 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Interesting development on Chase Sowell. If I’m a betting man I bet at least one WR and one OL recruit comes from a late riser/late evaluation pick. 

Seems pretty likely for OL. We need two tackles and the only ones left remotely on our board are Dewberry and Greene. That’s also the spot with the most late bloomers. WR’s more rare to have a late riser, but I have no clue who the WRs in this class will be at this point. 

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So what’s the deal with Sowell?  He plays on a heavily recruited team on an offense with a top recruit - and Sowell isn’t even rated on 247. 

Not that this answers your actual question, but surface level googling yielded more baseball info on the kid than football. Maybe it's being incorrectly assumed he's not playing cfb?

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

anyone have this

From IT - relevant Texas piece

Spoiler

Skinner said Texas is the program making the biggest move among his finalists.

“Me and my family are trying to make it out there in September,” Skinner added. He took his official on June 21. “One thing I really loved about Austin, I love all the people out there. They have tons of alumni everywhere that you can reach out about anything after you become a Longhorn.”

And Skinner is definitely thinking strongly about becoming a Longhorn.

“Oh man Coach (Steve) Sarkisian and Coach (Jeff) Banks they know what they’re doing and they know how to reach and they know how to coach.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz Roach now saying Dewberry may not make it in because the team got back late last night then had to do film, ect this morning.  Like this wouldn't have already been known.  Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to aggy tonight.

damn so aggy offering him money to skip us

The receivers balled out today. Worthy had a big catch, Moore made some great plays and Whitt just fucking rubs his nuts all over their pretty good secondary. Even Washington made an awesome block on the Thompson to Whittington TD.  The preseason “hype” about Brewer looking better was even correct. I think we have a good offensive coaching staff and this has to look good to recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting