Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Surly threads derail quicker than an Amtrak train with a sleepy engineer. 

Vito, you fucking asshole, Amtrak trains don’t derail at any greater rate than any other train system, in fact, the highest rates are in China, then India. 

And it’s a common misconception an “engineer” is the preferred name for the person at the controls. The more simple “Train Driver” or “Engine Driver” is more accurate.

And where did “sleepy” come from? Everyone knows distracted Engineers  Train Drivers are the biggest reason for derailments. Fucking cell phones! 

Cell phones have done a lot of good, and the advent of the modern “Smart Phone,” with an interactive touchscreen made popular by Apple with the launch of the iPhone in 2007…

If you think that was the beginning of that technology, I don’t know what to tell you…

Steve Jobs was an ASSHOLE!

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

You ever speak Whittington’s name in the same breath as Shipley again and I will send you a gallon of gorilla shit every Saturday during football season from now until eternity. Also, catfacts and Grendel golf talk.

Warehime? Is that you?

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What on earth? As Michael Knight pointed out, Whittington is 3 years removed from HS. Whatever rationalizing folks want to do for him, claiming he’s young for the CFB game isn’t one of them. 

Ok then…what’s his college game experience?  It’s 7 games entering the 3rd game of his 3rd year.  One quarter in his true FR season and 4 games last year.  He dropped the passes.  That’s on him. He needs to be better.  

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

What?  He's got 35 catches for 395 yards in 8 career games.  He dropped one fucking ball and didn't make a circus catch on a shittily thrown ball.  Fans are the worst.

Remember when Surly assholes kept arguing that Duvernay had shitty hands and dropped everything? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, maninblack said:

031c110c38fc5de401036eb4d00b10b7.gif

Could be a bit premature to insist he's a hit. I just think he's an elite athlete when healthy, which is of course the rub. IF he stays healthy all year, I think we will have to consider him a hit. I'm convinced if healthy he will be a standout player on the team. 

And yea, he's no Jordan Shipley. But if thats the bar to decide if a WR is a hit or not, then there needs to be a sixth star. After all, Shipley was a War Daddy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If Texas can recover and go 10-3 or 9-4 with a bowl win then recruiting will be in the top 10 regardless of Arkys record the rest of the year. In the 2020 class rankings the top 10 teams had the following records:

1. Georgia 12-2  with losses to South Carolina (4-8) and LSU (15-0)

2. Alabama 11-2 with losses to LSU and Auburn (9-4)

3. Clemson 14-1 with a loss to LSU

4. LSU 15-0 

5. Ohio State 13-1 with a loss to Clemson (14-1)

6. Aggy 8-5 with losses to Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, and LSU 

7. Auburn (9-4) with losses to Florida (11-2), LSU, Georgia, and Minnesota (11-2)

8. Texas 8-5 with losses to LSU, Oklahoma (12-2), TCU (5-7), Iowa State (7-6), and Baylor (11-3)

9. Florida 11-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia

10. Tennessee 8-5 with losses to Georgia State (7-6), BYU (7-6), Florida, Georgia and Alabama

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

Not a perfect comparison admittedly but all I'm saying is all kernels don't pop at the same time.  I think JWhitt has some real potential.  Let's see what he does in the coming years.

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

What?  He's got 35 catches for 395 yards in 8 career games.  He dropped one fucking ball and didn't make a circus catch on a shittily thrown ball.  Fans are the worst.

I'm not even sure what you guys are attempting to address, but my only issue, which I cited, was calling the guy a freshman. He's not. Not even close. Is he inexperienced? Does he need more time? Fine with those takes, but young for the game he is not.

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Ok then…what’s his college game experience?  It’s 7 games entering the 3rd game of his 3rd year.  One quarter in his true FR season and 4 games last year.  He dropped the passes.  That’s on him. He needs to be better.  

I was just disagreeing with you calling the guy a freshman. 

If I've really got to take a position on Whittington it's simple - I'm from Missouri on him. He's got to show me something before I view him as anything other than a ticking injury timebomb. He looked promising against Louisiana and looked like shit, along with everyone else, against Arkansas. 

From a recruiting perspective, I think the staff should be recruiting as though Whittington isn't going to be a part of the depth chart in 2022 and beyond. He could go pro, take a med red, or be largely irrelevant, there's simply nothing concrete to believe about him at this point.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Remember when Surly assholes kept arguing that Duvernay had shitty hands and dropped everything? 

Only 1, exactly 1 poster did that, and he was laughed at and piled on so aggressively by the board he went from board regular to sharing a cryo chamber with TARS. Whither, Katfid. 

so this post isn’t entirely accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Only 1, exactly 1 poster did that, and he was laughed at and piled on so aggressively by the board he went from board regular to sharing a cryo chamber with TARS. Whither, Katfid. 

My memory pales to yours, so I'll take your word for it. I thought I remembered more than 1 idiot.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If we're worried about accuracy, I'm not sure the "Duvernay's hands suck" premise is what drove fatkid into the Internet hinterlands.

That considered, dude was posting as recently as this past weekend, I think.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If we're worried about accuracy, I'm not sure the "Duvernay's hands suck" premise is what drove fatkid into the Internet hinterlands.

That considered, dude was posting as recently as this past weekend, I think.

TARS shows up now and again. Listen maybe it was his bad take on Duv. Maybe it was the tacit racism. Maybe he’s been on the latest season of The Biggest Loser. Who knows. But if he’s not going to show up to defend himself it’s our responsibility to craft the narrative around his absence. Maybe he’s a tiny fucker with a man bun, who knows. 

Gerry

The Texas Longhorns putrid performance on offense Saturday at Arkansas was certainly eye opening. This is especially true when assessing the loss from a recruiting perspective.

This week, there are some major changes in the important of top targets remaining on the board. The top spot is unchanged as the No. 1 receiver Evan Stewart in the country remains. After Stewart, it’s all about offensive line.

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco (Texas) Liberty

On300 ranking: No. 5

A must-get recruit for Texas. Florida and Alabama are right there. The Crimson Tide will have Stewart on campus November 6 for the beatdown of LSU.

2. Devon Campbell, IOL, Arlington (Texas) Bowie

On300 ranking: No. 18

Campbell was in Norman last weekend as the Sooners continue to make a strong push. With the coaching change at USC, the Trojans could be pushed out. Alabama receives an October visit. LSU will receive a visit. Texas will receive a visit. Another “must-get” recruit for Steve Sarkisian and staff.

3. Kam Dewberry, OT, Humble (Texas) Atascocita

On300 ranking: No. 68

Dewberry makes his official visit to Oklahoma this weekend. In talking to a source on Tuesday, Dewberry is still deciding between Texas and Alabama for a final official visit. The 6-foot-5, 315-pounder will be on campus at Texas and Texas A&M for games this season. The visit to College Station will be for Alabama’s win over the Aggies.

4. Neto Umeozulu, OT/IOL, Allen (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 58

USC was the lone official the 6-foot-4, 285-pounder had made. The Trojans felt like they were very much in the mix. Now, it’s a waiting game. Texas is working to get an official visit here, as is Texas A&M.

5. Earnest Greene, IOL, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco

On300 ranking: No. 133

The 6-foot-4.5, 325-pounder made an official visit to Ohio State over the weekend, and will be at Georgia this weekend. Texas is scheduled to receive an official October 16. USC was in the mix.

6. Jaleel Skinner, TE, Greer (S.C.) IMG Academy

On300 ranking: No. 17

The big wide receiver will transition to tight end at the next level. Skinner has had a top two of FSU and Texas with Clemson third leading up to an October 9 commitment date.

7. Brenen Thompson, WR, Spearman (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 24

Thompson is scheduled to be in Austin this weekend for a final official visit. The speedster already made officials to his other two finalists, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State. Two people extremely close to Thompson have a strong liking for Texas.

8. Denver Harris, CB, Houston North Shore

On300 ranking: No. 12

Alabama has enjoyed a big lead. Texas has done a good job working all the important angles to close the gap. LSU remains third leading up to a possible September 22 decision.

9. Harold Perkins, LB/hybrid, Cypress (Texas) Cy Park

On300 ranking: No. 8

Perkins will make an official to Florida September 24. He is scheduled to be in College Station to watch Alabama beat Texas A&M October 9. Texas has been doing well in this recruitment with the elite athlete liking the idea of living in Austin for college. LSU will be in this one until the end.

10. Shazz Preston, WR, Saint James (La.)

On300 ranking: No. 87

Texas is in the final four with Alabama, Georgia and LSU. Early opportunity is what Texas has going for it in this recruitment.

Interesting they keep throwing Perkins in these kinds of things.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Damn, Arkansas killed this thread, too. Luckily Thompson has bigger hands.

It's kinda sad. 

I'll try to kickstart it.

Bill Miller brisket is the best in Texas.

Did FutureMan ever post something about fisting?

Ketchum is always a great read.

What does it take to attract a player of Samoan heritage?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's kinda sad. 

I'll try to kickstart it.

Bill Miller brisket is the best in Texas.

Did FutureMan ever post something about fisting?

Ketchum is always a great read.

What does it take to attract a player of Samoan heritage?

That's as gouda of a start as you could hope for

• Haha 6

Wells on Thompson

Spoiler

2022 Spearman speedster and top Texas target at wide receiver Brenen Thompson will miss the next 6-8 weeks with a foot injury.

“He’s got a massive spur on top of his talus bone in his foot. He had a slight stress fracture in his talus last December,” said Bonnie Thompson, Brenen’s mother.

Thompson hopes to recover in time for a playoff run, but if not, will put his focus on track and field his senior year.

Thompson is set to take an official visit to Texas this weekend for the Rice game.

11 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Wells on Thompson

Hide contents

2022 Spearman speedster and top Texas target at wide receiver Brenen Thompson will miss the next 6-8 weeks with a foot injury.

“He’s got a massive spur on top of his talus bone in his foot. He had a slight stress fracture in his talus last December,” said Bonnie Thompson, Brenen’s mother.

Thompson hopes to recover in time for a playoff run, but if not, will put his focus on track and field his senior year.

Thompson is set to take an official visit to Texas this weekend for the Rice game.

Great, foot issues.  Those always clear up no problem /s

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

Wells on Thompson

Hide contents

Well, at least he plays a position which at Texas doesn't require foot speed.

Else, if he regains some elusiveness, perhaps he can move to OT.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting