Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Well I guess that is one way to prevent the pick from leaking. Had he only told one staff, the crystal balls would be rolling in effectively ruining his announcement. My expectation is it will be Bama.

I think ctj was joking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

I’m not one of those people that are saying that if we lose this week it will make or break Sarks time here but if we win this week I believe we will have enough momentum that the flood gates will start to open in recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I don’t think this game means as much as we hope it does, like always. I’m more interested in when the SEC jump occurs.

Nah this game means a lot. If we win Saturday that sets up a potential top 10 matchup night game vs Oklahoma state @DKR with arch manning and others on official visits 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I don’t think this game means as much as we hope it does, like always. I’m more interested in when the SEC jump occurs.

Fuck you it doesn't. My nipples have been hard for this game since that ugly motherfucker beat us last year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

everyone who posted about it in the Korean movies thread says it’s unwatchable. but I did enjoy the first so I’ll check it out. 

The way I went into it was not comparing it to the first one because you're correct, it's inferior. But for a watch, especially in October, it's a cool movie. Check it out and let me know. I'm curious. I've seen people divided on it, so who knows. 

Edit: Is there a Malaysian horror sub here?

Edited by Spider2YBanana

I’m not one of those people that are saying that if we lose this week it will make or break Sarks time here but if we win this week I believe we will have enough momentum that the flood gates will start to open in recruiting. 

Flood gates for the 3 spots we have left?

We’re going to have to process some people at some point.

We need 3-4 more HS OL
Perkins has a spot
Harris has a spot
Evan Stewart has a spot
Skinner has a spot
Barton has a spot
Anderson has a spot
Cooks has a spot
Wiggins has a spot
Preston has a spot.

Obviously we won’t get all of them - but it’s going to get interesting.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

Nah this game means a lot. If we win Saturday that sets up a potential top 10 matchup night game vs Oklahoma state @DKR with arch manning and others on official visits 

Again, my post was my opinion. You seem to think you have it all figured out. My thinking is, Arch has more interest in what kind of OL he has in front of him. If beating OU on a down year helps OL recruiting, then yes.

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

Flood gates for the 3 spots we have left?

We’re going to have to process some people at some point.

We need 3-4 more HS OL
Perkins has a spot
Harris has a spot
Evan Stewart has a spot
Skinner has a spot
Barton has a spot
Anderson has a spot
Cooks has a spot
Wiggins has a spot
Preston has a spot.

Obviously we won’t get all of them - but it’s going to get interesting.

Pretty sure we can get more than 25 this year because of transfer, early enrollees, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Fuck you it doesn't. My nipples have been hard for this game since that ugly motherfucker beat us last year. 

This is the recruiting thread so my post was as it relates to recruiting. Recruits aren’t Longhorns, yet. This game should mean everything to fans and current players. But, I understand context is always a challenge for you.

Pretty sure we can get more than 25 this year because of transfer, early enrollees, etc. 

Xfers don’t count against the 25. Maybe we can take more with early enrollees (I asked this question but nobody knows) but not 15 more.

Maybe we can get to 28-29. I don’t know.

Portal needs to deliver:
WR
QB (prob)
OL
OL
OL
LB
LB

Something like that.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Xfers don’t count against the 25. Maybe we can take more with early enrollees (I asked this question but nobody knows) but not 15 more.

Portal needs to deliver:
WR
QB (prob)
OL
OL
OL
LB
LB

Something like that.

28-29 sounds about right. 

1 hour ago, westexhorn said:

hopefully the coaches learned to sniff out the trickery after last time

Eh, it really doesn't matter right now. There's no backup plan we've been telling to hold off, he's just a phenomenal luxury take for us if he picks the good guys.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

There are two current commits who will surprise me if they sign with Texas and, Winfield and Tapp.

If we get Stewart and Hudson or Preston I will be ok with losing Winfield. I think we hang on to Tapp. We need ti fill the rest of the class out with OL and a LB.

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Don't be shy:

WR -  Jaxon Smith-Njigba
OL - Donovan Jackson
OL - Brockermeyer
OL - George
LB - Will Anderson
LB - Noah Sewell

Would be surprised to see Jaxon Smith leave Ohio State at this point. He is currently third on the team in receiving with 3 touchdowns. Really is sad that we couldn’t have kept him home. 

35 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Portal needs to deliver:
WR
QB (prob)
OL
OL
OL
LB
LB

Something like that.

The NCAA approved 7 additional spots, as long as they're replacing transfers.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-approves-proposal-to-replace-up-to-seven-transfers-in-expanded-recruiting-classes/

We can actually get to 32 (or 34 if you count the kicker and long snapper as PWOs). 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

Would be surprised to see Jaxon Smith leave Ohio State at this point. He is currently third on the team in receiving with 3 touchdowns. Really is sad that we couldn’t have kept him home. 

Maybe we could have. We didn’t try.  At least not until it was way too late. 

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-approves-proposal-to-replace-up-to-seven-transfers-in-expanded-recruiting-classes/

We can actually get to 32 (or 34 if you count the kicker and long snapper as PWOs). 

Has anyone seen anything definitive on whether transfers from this spring/summer count towards this cycle’s spots?  I.e., will Craig Naivar’s merry band of USC misfits help pad our numbers?

Ah- I thought the +7 was for xfers only inbound, and not HS or xfers.

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

He's a soph.  The two guys ahead of him, Olave and Wilson (and they're not ahead by that much) are expected, per multiple draft boards, to go in the first 20 picks of the draft. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting