Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My understanding is that this is the case. Originally, the buzz was that Brown would be a target only if things started trending away from Texas for Manning. Someone clarified that that was actually incorrect and they just viewed him as an excellent take irrespective of anyone else on campus or on the radar.

In shocking news, I haven't even pondered trying to watch film on the guy, so I'd be interested in hearing what you film dorks think.

Coach on the field

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

But you're fine with "Balls to the Face" but buttcheeks is a bridge too far? Never mind the profanity and imagery that is present on pretty much every page of this thread? 

Tell the truth now, jaywalking scares you to death doesn't it?

well that and Iowa State on the road at night 

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My understanding is that this is the case. Originally, the buzz was that Brown would be a target only if things started trending away from Texas for Manning. Someone clarified that that was actually incorrect and they just viewed him as an excellent take irrespective of anyone else on campus or on the radar.

In shocking news, I haven't even pondered trying to watch film on the guy, so I'd be interested in hearing what you film dorks think.

I haven’t paid a ton of attention lately, but I just watched his hudl plus some elite 11 vids and read an article where both the Fong and another 247 guy said he was the second best QB at the Elite 11. 

He’s 6’3 with good mobility and a great arm. There’s some small stuff he can improve, but his mechanics are very clean. He’s got a quick release with a ton of power. He was a 3 star before the Elite 11 in part because he played at an also-ran in Utah his junior year. He then went to Elite 11 lit it up, and transferred to a Utah powerhouse that won state last year and he’s now putting up gaudy numbers. His HS tape has to be discounted some because his surrounding talent is a lot better than what he’s facing, but he’s a damn good prospect and would be a great get for us. 

To put it nicely, I’d say he’s absolutely worth pursuing and any fallout from his commitment shouldn’t be a concern IMO. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I just went and watched a bit. Interesting prospect, he has a quick release and seems to process the game pretty quickly. Not a dual threat, but mobile enough. Good accuracy, good arm but not an elite arm cannon like Murphy. Off the cuff he seems like a high quality QB prospect. His ceiling might be Hudson Card with quicker game decisions and a little more poise under pressure. 

I will admit I have not been blown away by Manning, other than his last name. But he is also still just a Junior playing in a shitty private school league with weak competition and nothing around him. Hard to get a read on where he really is.   

Edited by Vertigo

3 hours ago, NoName said:

As you can see from their formulae, RYPTPA essentially takes yards MS and divides by (read: normalizes by) team efficiency. I argue that viewed another way, RYPTPA, to an extent, corrects for specifically the level of teammate talent

Does this mean what I think it means? Or am I still dumb? LOL 

What a fuckshow. Best QB class in this state in a long time. The state with the most NFL QBs. The flagship University of said state with a newly hired QB guru and they chase some spare from California who clearly sucks to anyone whos watched him for 5 minutes and has watched football before. Now we missed out on all the instate QBs and are shooting a contested 3 from 30 feet as the shot clock runs out on some other OOS kid we just met. Even past the big 3 (Ewers, Klubnik, Weigman) both Rockwall QBs will turn out to be much better college players than whatever we end up with this cycle. And Arch is going to fucking Ole Miss idk what to tell you.

• Fuck You 20

12 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

What a fuckshow. Best QB class in this state in a long time. The state with the most NFL QBs. The flagship University of said state with a newly hired QB guru and they chase some spare from California who clearly sucks to anyone whos watched him for 5 minutes and has watched football before. Now we missed out on all the instate QBs and are shooting a contested 3 from 30 feet as the shot clock runs out on some other OOS kid we just met. Even past the big 3 (Ewers, Klubnik, Weigman) both Rockwall QBs will turn out to be much better college players than whatever we end up with this cycle. And Arch is going to fucking Ole Miss idk what to tell you.

Those QBs were all recruited 2 years ago

• Hook 'Em 3

Some real SHE ALREADY HAS A BOYFRIEND energy here fellas. I guess who are we to even attempt to pull a commitment away from mighty Indiana or Mississippi State. 

Ewers...ugh

Whatever you think if him as a prospect Klubnik waited for us to make a move before committing 

Obviously we never had a shot at aggy Weigman

• Fuck You 9

@closetojumping Now you are intentionally undermining our recruiting efforts. We all know that recruits and their parents read this thread religiously.

How can Sark walk into a kid's home and convince him and his family that Texas is the best place for him when all they will think about is Sark's sweaty hairy buttcheeks pressed firmly against their leather sofa, worrying that at any moment he may ask to use their privy and not only drop a plunger-proof load in their loo but then proceed to press his previously mentioned sweaty hairy buttcheeks firmly against their bathroom mirror?

I ask you sir, have you no decency?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He doesn’t run sub 10.5 100m so they’re probably out on him. 

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

I’ll bet you on ole miss.  I’ll bet he goes somewhere other than ole miss.  

You're a cunt. 

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I’ll bet you on ole miss.  I’ll bet he goes somewhere other than ole miss.  

Dude what would I possibly have to gain from an online wager with somebody where I win by something I obviously don't want to see happen. I hope we do pull Arch because otherwise we'll have to see what 2024 brings

• Fuck You 6

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Some real SHE ALREADY HAS A BOYFRIEND energy here fellas. I guess who are we to even attempt to pull a commitment away from mighty Indiana or Mississippi State. 

Ewers...ugh

Whatever you think if him as a prospect Klubnik waited for us to make a move before committing 

Obviously we never had a shot at aggy Weigman

I still don’t care about losing Klubnik.

Dude what would I possibly have to gain from an online wager with somebody where I win by something I obviously don't want to see happen. I hope we do pull Arch because otherwise we'll have to see what 2024 brings

Right because if arch tells us no we aren’t gonna take a. Qb in 2023.  So that’s a no on the bet right? Message me if you change your mind

Then you’re just being a pissy cunt go somewhere else with your negative comments 

• Hook 'Em 2

On Wednesday morning, five-star defensive lineman Mykel Williams flipped his months-long commitment from USC to Georgia. That same day, four-star linebacker Shemar James decommitted from Florida and reopened his recruitment. Earlier this week, four-star athlete Gentry Williams announced his commitment to Oklahoma.

These are all top-100 players in the 2022 recruiting cycle. If you needed any evidence the recruiting winds are starting to swirl, the past few days have served as a good example, as the early signing period opens less than two months from now on Dec. 15.

In the past year, The Athletic has conducted anonymous surveys with recruiting staffers and parents of prospects to gain more insight into the process. This time, the focus is on the assistant coaches — those who are in constant communication with top prospects and their families, work closely with head coaches and recruiting staffers and compete against other assistants.

With recruiting intensifying over these next few weeks, The Athletic spoke to nearly three dozen FBS assistant coaches spanning every FBS conference and the independents about a wide range of topics from realignment and the latest recruiting trends to who they believe are the best players in the ’22 cycle.

The panel consisted of assistants from the ACC (8), Pac-12 (6), Big Ten (5), SEC (5), AAC (2), C-USA (2), MAC (2), Mountain West (2), Big 12 (1), Sun Belt (1) and independents (1).

How do you think realignment will impact the recruiting landscape?

Pac-12 coach: Unfortunately, it just turned the fucking SEC into the Premier League, I think. You can make this Alliance, you can do whatever you want, but if you’re an SEC school — and it doesn’t matter because I was at (a mid-tier SEC program), and I never said (that program’s name), all I said was “SEC, SEC, SEC.” Missouri could be Kansas or Kansas State or Texas Tech right now had they not gotten into the SEC. But they’re in the SEC now, so they’ve got the edge on that. I do think that’s going to make a difference. … It’s going to continue to further the gap.

AAC coach: The big one in Texas would be that A&M has been able to sell the SEC thing for the last several years and it was a legit selling point. It’s really gonna help UT in that regard in the state. If you went East and in the Southeast, you were in a fistfight with the whole SEC to find guys. Texas felt like you could go West to have a greater hit rate because you’re recruiting versus Pac-12, ND, OSU. This will help them in state. LSU and Alabama can’t come in and sell “play in the SEC” anymore. It’s a whole different deal.

Pac-12 coach: It’s almost like the SEC has the sell: “We are the premier league, we’re the place to be right now.” For the Pac-12, we have to try to create some momentum like we’re playing on the big stage just like they are every week. You have to create some equality there that the football is still the same. That way, every kid as soon as he gets an SEC offer, it’s not like, “It’s a done deal, I have to go there.”

MAC coach: (You have to) keep selling the idea about playing time, opportunities to play and hopefully we’ll still get a chance to go against some of those Power 5 schools. Those will be selling points (at this level).

SEC coach: I think it’s gonna hurt certain schools, but I do think it’s gonna help Cincy. They’ll be in the Big 12, but for the most part, they’re going to a finesse league and this will solidify them. They should run that league.

Who’s the toughest assistant coach to recruit against?

Sun Belt coach: (USC interim coach) Donte Williams, Donte’s always been good. He had such a pulse on Southern California. Cortez Hankton (at Georgia). I’ve been beat, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes I bail out early. Like, you’re not going to beat LSU on a Louisiana kid. That’s just not going to happen. You recruit them but you know in the back of your mind you’re not getting that kid, so you don’t really put a whole lot of stock into it.

Pac-12 coach: It’s the assistant, it’s head coach and the school. You’ve got to know who you’re going against, what they’re going to do and what they’re not going to do, if that makes sense.

MAC coach: For some reason, since I’ve been (at my program), the guys at Liberty. We seem to go against them a lot. They’ve done a great job there.

Pac-12 coach: It seems like we’re always struggling battling Oregon’s guys. … Obviously, any major SEC program like Alabama, LSU.

SEC coach: The best in my opinion is (Georgia defensive coordinator) Dan Lanning. (Michigan defensive backs coach) Steve Clinkscale does a great job. (Texas A&M running backs coach) Tommie Robinson and (Georgia running backs coach) Dell McGee also are really tough.

AAC coach: (Oklahoma offensive line coach) Bill Bedenbaugh does a really nice job. Texas A&M defensive line coach Elijah Robinson is really good.

Independents coach: Alonzo Carter from SJSU. Has really strong ties in California, whether it’s So Cal or Oakland and the Bay. Also Roy Manning from OU is a really good coach and he’s really good with parents. He wins the parents.

ACC coach: (Tennessee defensive line coach) Rodney Garner is always the best. It’s really hard to go against him and he can recruit anybody. (Alabama running backs coach) Robert Gillespie is a stud.

Big Ten coach: Recruiting against (Penn State RB coach) Ja’Juan Seider is hard.

MAC coach: Brian Hartline. He’s killing it. It starts with his background as a player. He’s succeeded as a wide receiver at Ohio State and in the NFL, so he’s able to sell that along with everything else they have to offer. He’s also got a ton of energy and is really easy to talk to. He’s very confident and humble at the same time. He’s still relatively new to coaching so he’s always looking for ways to grow. The wide receiver room he has right now is crazy talented, which will continue to attract the top guys in the country no matter where they’re from.

SEC coach: Any coach recruiting for Bama is the most difficult to recruit against.

Big Ten coach: I feel like it’s SEC coaches, and the way they cheat. Same with a few ACC schools who make it tough. We all know who they are but they get away with it.

ACC coach: (Alabama safeties coach) Charles Kelly. He is really good at connecting with the families and high school coaches … whether he is at Alabama or not.

C-USA coach: SMU’s (RBs coach) Ra’Shaad Samples. He crushes it in Dallas.

Others coaches mentioned: Florida tight ends coach Tim Brewster, Texas A&M tight ends coach James Coley, Georgia tight ends coach Todd Hartley, Washington offensive line coach Scott Huff, Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke, Illinois receivers coach George McDonald, Iowa State running backs and receivers coach Nate Scheelhaase, Oklahoma outside receivers coach Dennis Simmons and Oregon co-defensive coordinator Ken Wilson.

What schools do you think should be recruiting better?

Sun Belt coach: I got into some battles with Florida State on some kids and that should never happen. When I say battle, we were offering the same kids and that should never happen at that kind of school. Texas. They took a kid I put as like a prospect and they took him and I’m like, “Eh, the kid might be a first-round draft choice,” but I just didn’t see it.

ACC coach: Florida State, Florida, Miami. Anytime you have schools like Alabama and Clemson coming into the state of Florida and getting players out of there, that’s a damn shame for those schools with the tradition and rich history they have. Auburn, being where they’re at and the success they’ve had, they should probably be recruiting at a higher clip. I would throw Virginia and Virginia Tech in there. Right now, Mack Brown is going to Virginia and taking the best players out of there.

Pac-12 coach: I think there are a lot of good football players in Utah who don’t go to Utah. … They’re always talented. So it’s not like they’re doing anything wrong. I just feel like there are some Utah kids who would love to go to Utah that they don’t get on early and they end up falling through the cracks and ending up somewhere else.

SEC coach: Florida should be killing it but they’re not. FSU and Miami stink right now.

AAC coach: Probably Michigan.

C-USA coach: Nebraska. They should be getting better players.

ACC coach: The offensive line at Clemson doesn’t look very good to me. That really stands out. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to do a better job with that.

Are there any programs whose recruiting has impressed you lately?

Sun Belt coach: Oklahoma is in the middle of nowhere, in my opinion, and they can pull kids from Georgia, all the way to Florida, all the way to California. They can do it all, and that’s very impressive to me. Obviously, they go into Texas and get Theo Wease from Allen, Texas. They go into Georgia and get (Jadon Haselwood), who everyone wanted a few years ago. You have to fly over a lot of schools to get to Norman, Okla. Obviously, Georgia, they’ve done a tremendous job kind of matching and going toe-to-toe with Alabama. But they’re also in a very rich football state in terms of talent.

ACC coach: Georgia Tech has recruited well since coach (Geoff) Collins has gotten there. Dabo Swinney and what he has done with Clemson. That’s impressive. South Carolina, it’s good football but it’s not as big of a state as some of your other Southern states. So they’ve done a really good job recruiting South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida. … Georgia’s always recruited well. Penn State has done a good job recruiting. They’ve got an impressive class this year.

Pac-12 coach: I think (Jedd Fisch) at Arizona is doing a good job of getting some flash guys. He’s doing a pretty good job for what he’s got to work with and deal with. Oregon’s always going to do a good job, and have done a good job. Mario (Cristobal) does a good job. Usually, if you work for Nick Saban because Saban puts so much energy into it, there are very few Saban assistants who became head coaches and aren’t pretty good recruiters.

Pac-12 coach: I think Oregon’s doing a good job. They do a really good job with O-linemen obviously with Mario and that O-line coach (Alex Mirabel) being the point guys there. I think they’ve got a really good sell there. I’d say those guys are recruiting at a really high level right now.

MAC coach: Miami of Ohio, they’ve done a good job. Liberty, they’ve recruited well lately. I’ve noticed them a lot.

ACC coach: I’ve been impressed with how Notre Dame recruits. I don’t know any of those guys to say, “Hey, they’re great recruiters” or what coach (Brian) Kelly’s approach is … they don’t have the cherry sun, the warm weather.

SEC coach: Georgia. They got waves of guys and depth. And it’s also the way they’re playing. Their guys on defense play four plays and get out, and everybody’s happy. They come at you in waves. The kids are engaged. Receivers haven’t wanted to go there before because they don’t throw the ball enough. Kirby Smart figured it out. They run verts and take shots now.

Independents coach: Kentucky. They’ve done a really good job. Pound for pound they’ve put themselves past the Tennessee level. It’s really impressive what they’re doing there. Pitt. I really admire what they’ve been doing in recruiting.

ACC coach: BC does a great job.

Pac-12 coach: Oregon. They grind at it. They work at it. That’s a head coach who is killing it. Going up against Oklahoma, all you hear about is Lincoln Riley. He does a hell of a job.

SEC coach: I cross over with Penn State a lot in the Northeast. They all do a good job there.

Is there any recruiting pitch that you hate to give?

Sun Belt coach: Playing time. I just hate it because if I’m talking about playing time, I’m recruiting the wrong kid. Or asking me about playing time, that tells me everything I need to know.

ACC coach: What I hate as a recruiter is if I ever have to drop a kid. Coach doesn’t like a kid for whatever reason and we want to drop a kid.

Pac-12 assistant: Yeah, and I don’t do, it but I can’t fucking stand it: “You’re the guy. You’re going to play. You’re going to do this.” Kids have to learn at this level, you’re going to compete. I lost a kid to (a Big 12 school) basically based on, “We suck, you’re going to play right away, we’re awful.” You’ve got to bring your ass in here and compete like everybody else. … That’s one I don’t like. And obviously, getting beat by the bag.

ACC coach: I have a hard time lying to kids, but I think that’s something you have to balance. You got into this profession to coach and develop kids. Sometimes you feel like you may need to embellish or do things to get kids there, and we as coaches cause that.

Pac-12 coach: No. I just shoot the shit. There’s no spiel or a pitch. I don’t talk recruiting. We’re just having a conversation. It’s a two-way street. It’s not just about the kid; it’s about me thinking, is this kid a good fit or not?

What’s the most recent annoying recruiting trend?

Pac-12 coach: Pushing the conference more than the school. That bothers the shit out of me, too. “We’re beating our chest, yeah, we’re Mississippi State.” Yeah, you’re average as fuck. You’re gonna beat the SEC chest.

C-USA coach: The announcing of the kid’s top 12 finalists, and then they’re announcing their eight, and so on.

AAC coach: The friggin’ photo shoot. That’s brutal. It’s like playing dress-up or having a fashion show. You know how in “The Terminator” it’s about going back to stop something really bad from getting going? Whoever came up with this, I think a lot of coaches would like to see that guy get “offed.”

Pac-12 coach: The hashtag “Come to” wherever. Where everybody’s posting it, like you need that much attention to pick a school.

ACC coach: The most annoying thing I see is when guys self-promote themselves into scholarship offers because they know how to work social media or they know how to work the system. They end up overrated.

Pac-12 coach: Social media is out of control. … It gets too glorified. Is he a good player? Is he a good fit? Why offer a kid if you don’t want him to commit? It gets lost.

ACC coach: Kids asking on the phone about NIL.

What’s the right balance when determining how often to contact a recruit? How do you show you’re interested while not trying to be needy or pushy?

Sun Belt coach: When you’re in the Power 5, SEC all that stuff … it’s nonstop. My wife legitimately to this day will tell you she should have known I was proposing to her because I did not have my phone that night. Anytime we took a trip or drove to the grocery store, I would pass her my phone and I would have her respond to DMs or text messages from kids because it was constant. The moment you get home, that’s all you’re doing. It’s 24/7. I looked at it as a challenge. It was the game within the game. You’re recruiting for your position, you’re recruiting for your school but you’re also recruiting against other coaches. So there’s a constant battle that’s going on.

ACC coach: Just ask them, they’ll tell you the truth. If you try to get a hold of them and they’re not responding, that’s for a reason. That’s intentional so a lot of the time you’ve got to ask them. That’s building a relationship with a player, getting to know somebody where you know those things about them. “OK, this kid is not into FaceTime and calling, but he’ll answer texts. This guy is not into texting, but he’s good when he’s on the phone.”

Pac-12 assistant: The guy who picks up the phone every time you hit him up, you may think you have a great relationship with him, this guy always picks up the phone. His ass needs to be sleeping. His ass needs to be watching film. His ass needs to be working out. His ass needs to be studying. The guy who loves the constant contact, I think loves the recruiting process too much or they’re not set into the deal.

MAC coach: You can be too pushy and push guys away. I try to balance it with text messages and trying not to get on the phone too much. The graphics help so they can see they still have interest and that’s big to a lot of these kids.

Pac-12 coach: When they dropped the phone call rule and said you could call whenever, obviously, every college coach took advantage of that. Every kid was just on speed dial and you were calling them every day. If you weren’t, then that’s a problem. If you weren’t calling a kid, someone else was. Do you want to give these people some space but if you give them some space you know Oregon’s calling them every day.

ACC coach: I never make a recruiting call. I never make one. I tell everybody I will never win the award for contacting you the most. I have no interest in winning the race. All I’m doing is trying to build the relationship. … I text with mom, dad, grandmom, coach and the lunch lady. Everybody that’s involved that I should know, I communicate with. If the recruit is legitimately interested in your place, he’s going to have no problem punching seven numbers and giving you a ring. If they call, I’m on, we talk. … If they aren’t talking to you, they are talking to someone. This is not rocket science.

What’s the biggest difference between a recruitment where a head coach is actively involved and one where it’s mostly handled by an assistant and a staffer?

Sun Belt coach: Oh my gosh, if you’re recruiting without a head coach, especially at the Power 5 level, you might as well walk into a boxing match with your hands tied behind your back.

Pac-12 coach: That was my life at (my previous job). Our head coach was awful at recruiting. Thought it was beneath him … and (thought) that he walked in and was the closer. When the head coach is involved and you’re recruiting against that and you don’t have your head coach involved, it’s a bitch.

ACC coach: If you are talking to the head coach, you’re definitely a priority because he only has X amount of time to talk to him.

MAC coach: You could ask a recruit who are your top (schools) and why are they your top, and the first thing they’ll say is I’m getting contacted by the whole staff whereas this staff it’s only one coach that’s contacting me. It’s huge, it plays a big role in having a chance to get a player when they have a relationship with the head coach.

ACC coach: There’s a lot of sharks when the HC is (involved) — they’re swinging a much bigger stick. Cristobal is really tough to beat. If Oregon is involved, it’s a bad deal because the head coach is so involved in the process and how he’s gonna recruit the kid.

Who is the best player you’ve seen in the 2022 recruiting class?

ACC coach: There was a kid that’s raw, but in my opinion, he has the most upside and blew up out of nowhere was (uncommitted defensive lineman) Quency Wiggins from Louisiana. He’s 6-foot-7, 285 pounds but runs like a deer. He’s raw but he has the chance to be an easy first-round pick.

SEC coach: (Wide receiver) Luther Burden (committed to Missouri). He is Dez Bryant. No one really knows how fast he is. He is just a special talent. Always appears to be fast enough. Same was said about Dez coming out.

MAC coach: Cade Klubnik (quarterback committed to Clemson). Quinn Ewers gets all the publicity, but Klubnik beat him 52-34 in the state championship last year. I think that’s a big deal. I’ve heard his demeanor and leadership with his team and at camps is elite. He’s athletic. Big arm. And I think playing for Todd Dodge is huge. He will be as prepared as any QB in the country going into college. He’s getting Power 5 level QB coaching at the HS level.

Pac-12: T-Mac (McMillan, wide receiver committed to Oregon). A big kid that can move. He’s just different.

Big 12 assistant: Harold Perkins (uncommitted linebacker). … I thought he was the best player in the country.

Independents coach: (Washington offensive lineman) Josh Conerly. Seen him really develop and think he can be a first-round offensive lineman. He has it all: very athletic and very coachable. Great strong hands.

ACC coach: Ty Simpson (quarterback committed to Alabama). We loved him. Can really throw it. Athletic. Leader. He’s tough. Can do the zone read and he’s all ball. Recruiting sometimes ruins these kids. Not him. I’d be shocked if he’s not a great player.

Mountain West coach: Lander Barton (uncommitted linebacker). He’s everything you want in a backer. Long, big, excellent athlete, physical.

AAC coach: Walter Nolen (uncommitted defensive lineman). Rare to have that kind of speed and quickness at his size. He’s one of about only seven kids I have ever seen practice hard every snap.

SEC coach: Jihaad Campbell (Clemson edge commitment) is the most impressive prospect I’ve seen this year.

ACC coach: Malaki Starks (Georgia linebacker commitment). He can do just about anything and he may be the most underrated recruit, too.

Other players mentioned: Quarterback Drew Allar, offensive tackle Kelvin Banks, safety Austin Brown, guard Devon Campbell, offensive guard Kam Dewberry, quarterback Quinn Ewers, offensive lineman George Fitzpatrick, offensive lineman Kiyaunta Goodwin, cornerback Travis Hunter, linebacker Shamar James, running back Branson Robinson, defensive lineman Travis Shaw, linebacker Jaylen Sneed, wide receiver Evan Stewart, defensive lineman Shemar Stewart, offensive lineman Jake Taylor, wide receiver C.J. Williams, defensive lineman Mykel Williams

Which 2022 prospect do you think is flying under the radar?

ACC coach: Stone Blanton (uncommitted linebacker). He should be a top-100 player. He’s smart, he’s big, he can run, he can hit, he’s instinctive. I think he’ll be a big-time football player.

Pac-12 coach: Chris Marshall (uncommitted wide receiver). Might be better than T-Mac. He’s an absolute freak. He’s not under the radar, but he’s not like a top-50 player.

MAC coach: There was a kid, Caleb Coley (cornerback committed to Vanderbilt), I really liked in Georgia who I really, really liked as a corner and he ended up getting a Power 5 offer.

ACC coach: We’re working on three of them so I ain’t telling you. I think there’s three of them and I love them and them being under the radar is helping us right now.

Independents coach: Tiquan Gilmore, College of the Canyons (uncommitted junior college wide receiver). He’s a gem. Reminds me of Hollywood Brown. He is really good. I’m surprised a lot of teams aren’t on him yet.

ACC coach: (Quarterback) Sam Horn. Shocked Mizzou got him. Really athletic baseball player. He’s top of the SEC caliber.

Pac-12 coach: Germie Bernard (wide receiver committed to Washington). He’s got big-time ability. Smooth. Tough. Physical. Lines up at QB, RB. plays defense. He’s a dog.

Big 10 coach: Kobe Prentice (wide receiver committed to Alabama). … I think he’s a poor man’s Jaylen Waddle. Electric.

Pac-12 coach: The most underrated is TJ Dudley (linebacker committed to Oregon). He’s a leader and just an all-around athlete.

AAC coach: Wide receiver Ryan Peppins (committed to Western Kentucky) is the real deal. His combination of size, quickness and toughness is like Dexter McCluster’s.

MAC coach: Running back Kaleb Johnson (committed to Iowa). He has prototype size and speed. Is an every-down back who has carried a big load for his high school. Has been consistently good since his freshman year and I feel like for a long time he was one of those kids in Ohio who had all the MAC offers and Iowa State and slowly started picking up interest. Hasn’t been one of those kids who gets recruited by the whole Big Ten. Was committed to Cal, which was pretty unusual being from Ohio, but just flipped to Iowa. I’ve got a lot of respect for Iowa and the way they evaluate, especially on defense and at RB.

Big Ten coach: Alex Broome, committed to BC. He’s an undersized running back who reminds me of (former FAU RB) Devin Singletary.

ACC coach: R Mason Thomas (defensive end committed to Iowa State). We had him in camp out of Florida. The most impressive thing about him is movement and skill level. He is an edge guy that can play linebacker and runs well.

Big Ten coach: Mudia Reuben (uncommitted), a wide receiver from Missouri. Reuben is a late bloomer. Played soccer until last year. Untapped.

ACC coach: Camden Brown (wide receiver committed to Pitt) is really underrated. He’s a physical specimen. Most impressive thing is his work ethic. Haven’t seen a kid train like that in a long time, three times a day even during the season.

Other players mentioned: defensive back Jayden Bellamy, safety Tre Donaldson, defensive lineman Tre Emory, quarterback Noah Fifita, cornerback Ja’Cari Henderson, quarterback Josh Hoover, running back Jaylin Lucas, wide receiver Jordan Nabors, wide receiver Cam Pedro and linebacker Jalon Walker.

@SydneyCarton

Edited by BornAndRaised
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Definitely nice to see that several coaches are high on boys we're still pursuing. Highlighting from that Article, Lander Barton and Quency Wiggins are considered some of the best of the 2022 class.

Yeah, I noticed that. Harold Perkins as well. Then again, sucks to not see a single recruiter listed there for us, but it is what it us. People love to mock the SEC move, but the Premier League shit is not lie, and the coaches all know it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I noticed that. Harold Perkins as well. Then again, sucks to not see a single recruiter listed there for us, but it is what it us. People love to mock the SEC move, but the Premier League shit is not lie, and the coaches all know it. 

I was surprised as well, especially with how lights out Bo Davis has been. I hope we turn the heat up on Barton. I know he's a Utah legacy but with the state of our LB group he seems like an immediate impact.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

The originally published article called Perkins a "(linebacker committed to Texas A&M)," but they fixed it.

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting