Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

If it got him expelled from a Catholic School it has to be bad. Those guys have been known to cover up child rape for generations so whatever Tapp did must be awful.

from what i read, that school is pretty hard when it comes to hazing.  Had to give up as it was getting all cloak room in there .. "had he been the opposite color, the TV media would be ascending upon the school"

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

from what i read, that school is pretty hard when it comes to hazing.  Had to give up as it was getting all cloak room in there .. "had he been the opposite color, the TV media would be ascending upon the school"

There is a wide range of hazing acts. The thread says the kid was stripped down, duct taped, and pics posted to social media. To me, that still doesn't tell much. What does "stripped down" mean in this case? Jamming a broomstick up a kid's ass is a lot different than posting a pic of a duct taped kid in his underwear. 

I played 5A football (when 5A was the highest classification). We used to beat up (for about 5 minutes, not hospitalize) guys who messed up and made us do extra work. It stopped when a kid whose mom worked in the lunch room complained to the coaches about it.  That would be considered "hazing" today.

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

yikes. page 2:

Meh. We better keep him. Sark’s program is already a national embarrassment on and off the field. This kind of thing pales in comparison.

Either we get a talented football team, or Sark takes more guys like this, it blows up in his face, and we get to fire him quicker. 

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

There is a wide range of hazing acts. The thread says the kid was stripped down, duct taped, and pics posted to social media. To me, that still doesn't tell much. What does "stripped down" mean in this case? Jamming a broomstick up a kid's ass is a lot different than posting a pic of a duct taped kid in his underwear. 

I played 5A football (when 5A was the highest classification). We used to beat up (for about 5 minutes, not hospitalize) guys who messed up and made us do extra work. It stopped when a kid whose mom worked in the lunch room complained to the coaches about it.  That would be considered "hazing" today.

Two words. Atomic Situps.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I played 5A football (when 5A was the highest classification). We used to beat up (for about 5 minutes, not hospitalize) guys who messed up and made us do extra work. It stopped when a kid whose mom worked in the lunch room complained to the coaches about it.  That would be considered IS "hazing" today.

fify

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Call me crazy but I think we win this weekend. The players don't seem like they are gonna quit

Well, I can't remember the last time you were right about anything, so I guess the beat goes on this weekend.

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Can we not pay the poll assassin to put on a show with her monkey for the recruits? If Surly were to do a fundraiser for this, I will gladly chip in for the cause.

Poll Assassin? What do you think it is she does, professionally troll and tank Gallup telephone surveys?

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

I think you meant descending. God this page can get fucked. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

In our defense, the asshole in question ended up molesting some kids when he was in his 40s. We should have hit him harder.

Actually being bullied in youth has been identified as a common experience in adult male sex offenders.

(Reference: https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.360.3860&rep=rep1&type=pdf)

Edited by UDontKnow

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

If it got him expelled from a Catholic School it has to be bad. Those guys have been known to cover up child rape for generations so whatever Tapp did must be awful.

IF what is being reported is true this Tapp dude has some serious issues.  Kids do stupid shit but this behavior is pretty fucking weird and definitely criminal. Won’t be the least bit surprised to see him have more trouble in the future.  I hope it’s not true but it doesn’t look good.  

Edited by stork642

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

This dude had some other issues much more severe than getting his ass kicked for being a scrub.

I believe you. Not all boys who were bullied become sex offenders as adult men. But that's one of many reasons that awareness of and efforts to curtail/eliminate bullying has been raised in the last 20 years or so.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, I can't remember the last time you were right about anything, so I guess the beat goes on this weekend.

Poll Assassin? What do you think it is she does, professionally troll and tank Gallup telephone surveys?

I think you meant descending. God this page can get fucked. 

is this hazing too?

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

IF what is being reported is true this Tapp dude has some serious issues.  Kids do stupid shit but this behavior is pretty fucking weird and definitely criminal. Won’t be the least bit surprised to see him have more trouble in the future.  I hope it’s not true but it doesn’t look good.  

Taping up a kid in his underwear and taking a pic of him is pretty damn mild compared to some of the stuff in lockerooms.  I mouthed off to the varsity players in the field house my freshman year the next thing I know I'm tossed out of the field house with no clothes on.

Seriously, this is mild....and yes the stupid shit testosterone fueled teenagers do pretty regularly.  I mean NFL players do worse than this to rookies....

• Hook 'Em 8

https://www.davidslegacy.org/davids-story/

i know this family and I would just like to say I had no idea how fucked life as a kid had become for some. I wouldn’t have been able to deal with it. 

It can be very frustrating listening to sensitive people who “feel bullied” when normal razzing and simple joking are being used in a social setting to ease tension or release pressure. 

but there’s other stuff that is fucking next level. Imagine getting the interweb pile-on neg hammer but instead of it being a website, it’s your fucking life. Also, at an age before you’ve learned to tell everyone to go fuck themselves? I can’t imagine.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Taping up a kid in his underwear and taking a pic of him is pretty damn mild compared to some of the stuff in lockerooms.  I mouthed off to the varsity players in the field house my freshman year the next thing I know I'm tossed out of the field house with no clothes on.

Seriously, this is mild....and yes the stupid shit testosterone fueled teenagers do pretty regularly.  I mean NFL players do worse than this to rookies....

Social media is the down fall of society. You used to be able to be a teenage jack off. Worst thing that happened was you got made fun of for a week, until the next jack-off stepped up. Now morons either record someone being a jack off or the dumbass records himself and posts it. I can’t imagine growing up in a world where there is a picture or video of everything you do. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Social media is the down fall of society. You used to be able to be a teenage jack off. Worst thing that happened was you got made fun of for a week, until the next jack-off stepped up. Now morons either record someone being a jack off or the dumbass records himself and posts it. I can’t imagine growing up in a world where there is a picture or video of everything you do. 

Pfffft just wait until we digitize consciousness

Devon Campbell

Spoiler

The On3 No. 19 overall prospect for 2022 is a known commodity in the recruiting world.

When you're as highly rated as the 6-foot-3, 325-pound five-star from Arlington Bowie, it comes with the territory.

Texas has been a school out in front of these sweepstakes since its inception. The previous staff offered Campbell early and the current staff picked up where they left off and haven't looked back. He's now ready to take an official visit to Austin, where he's tripped over a half-dozen times over the last few years.

What’s November going to look like?

With two remaining official trips (Texas and LSU), he can also get an additional official to a school who recently charges coaches. Like Southern Cal.

"I'm going to UT on November 13th, and then I'm going to head down LSU on on November 27th in Baton Rouge," said Campbell.

Coach Chris Gilbert remains a big factor here. He's connected with Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks. There's some comfort in this relationship.

"Texas keeps bringing the love," said Campbell. "I'm ready to see UT in an official. They said those are the best visits."

He's also building with LSU.

“Coach Davis (LSU OL coach) has been trying to get on me since he was at Arkansas,” said Campbell. "They want to get me on board and also Will Campbell (LSU OL pledge) contacts me too. He's really cool.”

And about returning to Austin in the official capacity.

“It’s still all love,” said Campbell, about his relationship with the UT staff. “Still all love. Coach G (Chris Gilbert) is real. Coach Flood too."

USC is hanging around the rim. What are his thoughts on the Trojans, where he took an official visit in June.

“I mean, I like (Interim USC coach) Coach (Donte) Williams,“ Campbell said. “I'm going to go out there again. I'll take my extra OV. I can go back out there since they have a new head coach.”

What about the lack of head coach at USC? Does it factor into his decision?

"I mean, not really cause coach Donte (Williams) was saying he believes that he can get the job," said Campbell. "I like how he does things. He's really good."

What is it about USC that keeps them in the running?

“I feel like I'd go there and take over, confidently speaking,” said Campbell. “I feel like I'd go there, work my *** off and then play my freshman year."

Early playing time appears to be a factor in this pursuit.

“If I'm going to go play early, that's great," Campbell said. "But if they don't feel like I'm playing or producing where I can get on the field, it is what it is. It's just more things I need to work on.“

Surprisingly enough, he didn't mention Oklahoma much. He's already tripped there in the official capacity and they're still in the mix, per the Bowie staff.

If Bowie beats Arlington High by 20 on Friday night, they’ll qualify for the playoffs. Campbell was playing as much defensive tackle as offensive tackle in the last game. He could expect more of the same until the season ends.

"Whatever it takes to make the playoffs," Campbell insisted.

In two weeks, he'll be back on the Forty Acres.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

What's even more ridiculous is that half the time the dumb fucks are filming themselves doing stupid shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wells

Spoiler

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek (Humble, TX) (OREGON) - 2022:

At 6-foot-5, 315 pounds, the On3 No. 27 overall prospect is firm in his Oregon commitment. But that isn’t stopping Texas.

UT and Texas A&M continue the pursuit, with hopes in convincing Banks to flip one more time. The former Oklahoma State pledge tells IT that he might attend Auburn-Texas A&M on Saturday in College Station. He also said he almost visited UT a few weeks ago, but his game went late that evening and couldn't make the kickoff.

Texas and Kyle Flood continue to court the four-star tackle and Banks and family are still listening. UT wants Banks to stay closer to home and compete for a starting spot on the offensive line next fall.

LSU is also hanging around the rim. They continue to pursue Banks, but Kelvin made it seem like the Longhorns and the Aggies are doing the most work. Staying closer to home feels like a factor in this recruitment down the stretch.

More from Banks in the morning.

DB Jamel Johnson, Seguin (Arlington, TX) - 2023:

The 6-foot-1, 175-pound four-star cornerback is set to announce his commitment tomorrow morning at 9am (CT).

The On300 prospect for 2023 (90 score) holds 22 offers including Texas, Alabama, OU, Michigan, and LSU.

Texas remains in a strong position heading into tomorrow AM. Somebody make coffee.

NOVEMBER 10th

That date is usually reserved for other NCAA sports like baseball and basketball. But one Texas commit wants to join the ceremony next week since they’ll likely miss signing with teammates in February.

Texas High EDGE and UT verbal pledge Derrick Brown is looking to go through the signing ceremony on November 10th.

He wants the opportunity to celebrate with school mates and friends in front of family. Brown remains one of the strongest commits of the 2022 cycle and continues to recruit heavily behind the scenes. Brown's Tigers take on Whitehouse this Friday after winning the district. They start the playoffs next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Wells

Hide contents

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek (Humble, TX) (OREGON) - 2022:

At 6-foot-5, 315 pounds, the On3 No. 27 overall prospect is firm in his Oregon commitment. But that isn’t stopping Texas.

UT and Texas A&M continue the pursuit, with hopes in convincing Banks to flip one more time. The former Oklahoma State pledge tells IT that he might attend Auburn-Texas A&M on Saturday in College Station. He also said he almost visited UT a few weeks ago, but his game went late that evening and couldn't make the kickoff.

Texas and Kyle Flood continue to court the four-star tackle and Banks and family are still listening. UT wants Banks to stay closer to home and compete for a starting spot on the offensive line next fall.

LSU is also hanging around the rim. They continue to pursue Banks, but Kelvin made it seem like the Longhorns and the Aggies are doing the most work. Staying closer to home feels like a factor in this recruitment down the stretch.

More from Banks in the morning.

DB Jamel Johnson, Seguin (Arlington, TX) - 2023:

The 6-foot-1, 175-pound four-star cornerback is set to announce his commitment tomorrow morning at 9am (CT).

The On300 prospect for 2023 (90 score) holds 22 offers including Texas, Alabama, OU, Michigan, and LSU.

Texas remains in a strong position heading into tomorrow AM. Somebody make coffee.

NOVEMBER 10th

That date is usually reserved for other NCAA sports like baseball and basketball. But one Texas commit wants to join the ceremony next week since they’ll likely miss signing with teammates in February.

Texas High EDGE and UT verbal pledge Derrick Brown is looking to go through the signing ceremony on November 10th.

He wants the opportunity to celebrate with school mates and friends in front of family. Brown remains one of the strongest commits of the 2022 cycle and continues to recruit heavily behind the scenes. Brown's Tigers take on Whitehouse this Friday after winning the district. They start the playoffs next week.

Feels like Derrick Brown could develop into the type of vocal leaders we need.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Seriously. Some folks in here have him labeled as a future inmate who just finished a rape spree. Jfc 

4 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

No I know full well how things go in locker rooms.  If the coaches aren’t around it turns into Lord of The Flies fast.  Also I thought I read they stripped him nude and took pictures of his junk.  I guess that was not correct.  

18 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Asshole jock does Asshole jock things. 

And people are suprised?

At least two posts have mentioned broom handles up asses so between your word play and me realizing that kids have had brooms inserted into their anus cavity…yeah Bob, I’m surprised. Jesus Christ why did I have kids. 

Twd Shit On It GIF by The Walking Dead

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

At least two posts have mentioned broom handles up asses so between your word play and me realizing that kids have had brooms inserted into their anus cavity…yeah Bob, I’m surprised. Jesus Christ why did I have kids. 

Twd Shit On It GIF by The Walking Dead

Wasnt where i was going with that. But thanks for the imagery. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting