Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

21 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

We have a shot with Banks. Its not out of the realm of possibility. 

The same guy that left us out of his top 2?  I just feel like Banks' family or coaches are feeding Gerry and the guys at IT what they want to hear.  

As for Dewberry, he's close to a lot of the aggy commits and leans.  He's close with Perkins, Green, Anderson and a bunch of the Houston guys.  His family is also close to Kenyon Green's family.  He's the least likely of any of the OL prospects in my opinion.

Honestly, we need to find a few juco guys, portal guys like Calvin Anderson and Donald Hawkins.  I know that's easier said than done, but we need some grown men with physical and mental maturity.  Those type of guys have talent and know they need to showcase it at a big school to get more notice from scouts.  I would put 100% effort in bringing in 4-5 guys like this on top of the incoming high school recruits.  We need to throw numbers at the position at this point and hope we can get a few to hit.  Flood needs to sell his resume.  If he can't get elite talent with his experience to come here, then I'm at a loss of words.  I've just see multiple coaches over multiple cycles struggle to recruit that position to Texas.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The same guy that left us out of his top 2?  I just feel like Banks' family or coaches are feeding Gerry and the guys at IT what they want to hear.  

As for Dewberry, he's close to a lot of the aggy commits and leans.  He's close with Perkins, Green, Anderson and a bunch of the Houston guys.  His family is also close to Kenyon Green's family.  He's the least likely of any of the OL prospects in my opinion.

Honestly, we need to find a few juco guys, portal guys like Calvin Anderson and Donald Hawkins.  I know that's easier said than done, but we need some grown men with physical and mental maturity.  Those type of guys have talent and know they need to showcase it at a big school to get more notice from scouts.  I would put 100% effort in bringing in 4-5 guys like this on top of the incoming high school recruits.  We need to throw numbers at the position at this point and hope we can get a few to hit.  Flood needs to sell his resume.  If he can't get elite talent with his experience to come here, then I'm at a loss of words.  I've just see multiple coaches over multiple cycles struggle to recruit that position to Texas.

Keep in mind I didnt say we have a great shot with Banks or anything like that. I just dont think he ends up at Oregon and I think he's actually willing to listen to our pitch. @RGBIII has clearly been talking to the same people as me. Sometimes life happens and you start to second guess going to BFE Oregon. I'm also skeptical about the thumb drive. I'd just be surprised if its as heavy as has been rumored. I'd think they have a heavier one waiting for him once he signs and shows up to campus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hmm 

I hate we may miss out on Stewart

but

if we can get Campbell, Banks, One other O-Linemen (Green, Dewberry, or Neto) to go along with Hutson and Robertson 

then

Thompson, Winfield, one other WR (Maybe Golden or Jordan Hudson) with Whittington, X. Worthy and Troy Omierie  

I would totally be satisfied with our WR and O-Line based on how the season has gone, 

21 hours ago, dcar00 said:

The old bringing in the self scouter to make it look like we are trying to do something....I call BS as they should already have had someone self scouting from the first game.  If it is true they haven't been then I'm not sure what to say.  I can't believe Sark would be that incompetent.

If we did hire someone I think we already know the name of the "self scouter".....His first name begins and ends with the same letter.

Just thought of another name, perhaps Kevin Steele?

9 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Keep in mind I didnt say we have a great shot with Banks or anything like that. I just dont think he ends up at Oregon and I think he's actually willing to listen to our pitch. @RGBIII has clearly been talking to the same people as me. Sometimes life happens and you start to second guess going to BFE Oregon. I'm also skeptical about the thumb drive. I'd just be surprised if its as heavy as has been rumored. I'd think they have a heavier one waiting for him once he signs and shows up to campus. 

I have been to Oregon multiple times, that flight is a fucking bitch. I couldnt imagine making it multiple times per year

• Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I have been to Oregon multiple times, that flight is a fucking bitch. I couldnt imagine making it multiple times per year

My cousin went to Oregon. He was the type that needed a change of scenery and an experience completely unique from where he came from. He loved it, but the flights completely wore him out. I get it if you're from California but even then southern CA is a long flight. 

31 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Just thought of another name, perhaps Kevin Steele?

Don't get @GhostOfTomJoad started about Kevin Steele. He will conjure a howling, thorny doom upon this thread and your fucking soul if you attempt to invoke Steele's visage or behaviors upon our conscience. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

My cousin went to Oregon. He was the type that needed a change of scenery and an experience completely unique from where he came from. He loved it, but the flights completely wore him out. I get it if you're from California but even then southern CA is a long flight. 

9 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

That flight indeed sucks. Had to travel to Portland a few times for work and it felt like an eternity. 

phil’s thumb drive also included proof of a completed hyperloop from atascocita to eugene.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You don't remember the 20 stories a year or two ago about how Cosmi and Green were both regularly lifting weights with Dewberry? Well ok. I'll let you guess how that worked out for us.

Great because we're getting Banks and Dewberry, obviously.

Mike at Night: More notes on the weekend, winter visits

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: More notes on the weekend, winter visits

Mike Roach

— There was a report from another outlet that Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany safety Larry Turner-Gooden was visiting this weekend. I checked with the four-star prospect yesterday and he was somewhat surprised by the report. Turner-Gooden did tell me that he was thinking of making the trip but nothing was confirmed as of yet. We will check back with Turner-Gooden tomorrow to see if anything changes, but as of now, we can't put him down as a visitor.

— I wrote a few weeks ago that Texas was making a push for Shreveport (LA.) Captain Shreve ATH Kendrick Law. The Longhorns re-offered Law recently and are working to get him on campus in the next few months. Law plays on both sides of the ball, and while it sounded like Texas might like him at defensive back, the plan is to evaluate him on both sides of the ball if they are able to land him. Law is the type of playmaker on both sides of the ball that could be a plus player in whatever role he plays. I'd expect Texas to have a couple of big official visit weekends in December, and they are working to get Law in during that time.

— I'd also expect Texas to host Matthew Golden during December for his official visit. The Longhorns recently offered the four-star wide receiver from Klein Cain. Golden was rumored to be visiting this weekend, but he told Horns247 he wouldn't be coming. Texas would like to host him closer to early signing day to give them the best chance at closing the deal. Horns247 will be at his game this week and will have more on the coveted wide receiver.

7 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

I hope when I make it to the top like you and CTJ, I stop punching down.

Let me tell you, if your idea of the top is this football program, with this administration, this alumni base, this recruiting momentum, with little hope for the foreseeable future…I gotta tell you, the view sucks. Like the curtains open up to Bret Bielema and Mark Mangino fucking every single day kind of sucks. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me tell you, if your idea of the top is this football program, with this administration, this alumni base, this recruiting momentum, with little hope for the foreseeable future…I gotta tell you, the view sucks. Like the curtains open up to Bret Bielema and Mark Mangino fucking every single day kind of sucks. 

Saturday Night Live Ugh GIF by HULU

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pretty sure that's not what he meant.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

C'mon Sydney, it's bad enough that you are punching down on the poor guy, but now you gotta kink shame him as well. That's over the line.

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting