Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

I feel like the problem here is that IT has no downside to saying that he will sign next week. They can hope that the Sark in-home convinces Banks to sign, and if he doesn’t, they can just say that Banks changed his mind.

Ahh, the fatketch obloods model. Say everything so that you'll always be correct when self quoted. Just how jimbo recruits.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

IT didn’t specifically say that a source said he’d decide to sign early, just “the feeling.” If they do end up right then kudos to them but it’s pretty hard not to take the kid’s own words at face value on something like that.

Pretty good way to rush him into signing early lol

11 minutes ago, 60HornStampede said:

Perroni will push and push on Banks ...

I may be giving IT/Nahlin too much credit here, but what if this is their goal? Keep putting out there that they think he signs, not saying for sure, but get enough doubt out there for Perroni and the other $9.95'ers to bother Banks enough to get him to change his mind. Counter subconscious espionage if you will. 

Like I said, I'm probably giving them too much credit.

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Honesty the fact that Sark is still using his at-home now probably means he thinks there is a really good chance that Banks is open to signing with Texas next week. That or Sark is really bad at this...oh god dammit.

The thought is Sark might pull out of the meeting and just send Floyd.

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Jason Garrett is the frontrunner for the Duke Job

Garrett might get the job but that doesn't mean anything. Kolber is a long line of NFL people making PR pitches for Garrett to get the job. Read her tweet, it's pretty much a sell to Duke on "Garrett being a nice guy and can help mold young men." 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Posted over in the coaching thread but if it happens my first call would be to Kevin Faulk. He fits the bill on Louisiana ties and has a great relationship with Rueben Owens too

https://247sports.com/coach/Kevin-Faulk-4504/

I wouldn’t be surprised if he stepped away from football for a year or 2.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This reeks of NFL pushing 

That's exactly what it is. Mortensen and several other NFL "analysts" have put out similar PR pitches. 

Garrett might get the job but that Kolber tweet doesn't say much of anything other than some NFL people are trying to help their buddy get a job. 

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, I don't know if you can come up with a worse hire than Garrett.  He has the personality and likability of a rock and has gotten fired from his last two jobs.  He would be awesomely bad at recruiting.

The Duke boards hate the idea. Really the only reason he's in the mix is because Garrett is trying to get the job and all his NFL buddies are coming to bat for him. 

Duke might actually be dumb enough to take the bait. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, I don't know if you can come up with a worse hire than Garrett.  He has the personality and likability of a rock and has gotten fired from his last two jobs.  He would be awesomely bad at recruiting.

Also, it doesn't help us at all like an Elko hire may & that's all that really matters.

44 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Honesty the fact that Sark is still using his at-home now probably means he thinks there is a really good chance that Banks is open to signing with Texas next week. That or Sark is really bad at this...oh god dammit.

The IT connection, at least one, is with the coach. FWIW. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

We sat a couple of tables away from Jason Garrett and his wife at Fearing’s on Valentine’s in 2020 right after he was fired by the Cowboys and right before Covid shit hit the fan.   He brought all the romance and electricity that you would imagine.   I couldn’t help but look over constantly and I don’t think I ever saw him talking.

If I am remembering correctly 105.3 the fan once said he was the human version of a brown leather belt and nothing has ever made more sense.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The Duke boards hate the idea. Really the only reason he's in the mix is because Garrett is trying to get the job and all his NFL buddies are coming to bat for him. 

Duke might actually be dumb enough to take the bait. 

Seems like a concerted effort from NFL ranks to get him out of their ranks...

From Gerry:

1. Steve Sarkisian, Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks will make an in-home visit with On3 Consensus 5-star OT Kelvin Banks (Humble, Texas/Summer Creek). There was some talk of Sark saving his in-home for January. Is that telling that Banks will sign next week? Time will tell. IT believes there is a chance Banks goes to Austin Saturday. Texas chances to win out here continue to be positive.

2. On3 Consensus 5-star LB Harold Perkins (Cypress, Texas/Cy Park) is only scheduled to be at Texas A&M this weekend, as of now. Could that change, sure? This stuff changes hourly. Perkins remains scheduled to announce his decision January 2 during the Under Armour All-America Game. On3 does not believe he will sign December 15, and keep it quiet. I believe he will wait until February to sign.

3. On3 Consensus 5-star IOL Devon Campbell (Arlington, Texas/Bowie) is not expected to make an unofficial visit to Texas this weekend, as of Friday at 1:45pm. Texas is probably in the spot others would want to be in. Campbell remains scheduled to announce his decision January 2 at the Under Armour All-America Game. There is a chance he signs December 15, and keeps it quiet until January 2.

4. This from a source at Allen High ... Texas OL coach Kyle Flood was by Allen this morning to see On3 Consensus 4-star Neto Umeozulu. At this point, not sure anyone know what Neto's plans area, including Neto. Maybe sign December 15, maybe wait until February. May go to TCU on Sunday.

5. On3 Consensus 4-star IOL Kam Dewberry (Humble, Texas/Atascocita) remains scheduled to go to Texas A&M tonight, and plans to be in Austin at some point Saturday. The feeling is he remains undecided. Both school feel pretty good. IT feels like mom prefers Texas A&M. Kam likes Austin quite a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

We sat a couple of tables away from Jason Garrett and his wife at Fearing’s on Valentine’s in 2020 right after he was fired by the Cowboys and right before Covid shit hit the fan.   He brought all the romance and electricity that you would imagine.   I couldn’t help but look over constantly and I don’t think I ever saw him talking.

I, on the other hand, was quite the Don Juan as I ignored my wife to constantly check in on Jason Garrett.

I sat 2 rows and a few seats away from him at a Mavs game while he was HC also with who I assume was his wife.  I don't think he ever showed any emotion, talked or even moved at all outside of the occasional forced smile half wave as someone recognized him.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting