Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

He is a prototypical SEC OL he will contribute soon. Kinda hard to miss on guys like this.

You may be an OL expert but to my eyes he looks like he doesn’t know how to maul. All hands, pushing people and trying not to fall down. But he’s a big motherfucker who might just need to learn crushing skills.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

And it’s a top 5 class loaded with the type of players that are usually tough to find in Texas. There are a ton of elite skill players every single year in-state, not so much on the lines. It’s the opposite of Herman’s highly rated classes, which should be a welcome outcome and a necessity for our upcoming conference switch.

Much rather build the lines 1st. The skill talent is good enough to win the Big 12 with a better OL and QB play.

Likely brining in 15+ LOS players in this class. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

You may be an OL expert but to my eyes he looks like he doesn’t know how to maul. All hands, pushing people and trying not to fall down. But he’s a big motherfucker who might just need to learn crushing skills.

Have you considered that might be because the person he's blocking falls down before he gets into his body? You know, because he's so strong?

He looks like he has decent technique that still needs a lot of refinement. He's in high school, that's fine. But downgrading a recruit because he's too much stronger than his Texas 6A state semifinal competition seems pretty interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I’ve said this before but the quickest way to turn around this program is to figure out the OL. 

Hopefully, we are starting to make progress on that front. 

Its good to have an OL coach who doesn't get laughed at by coaches and former NFL OL.  I'm still not sure what happened with Wickline.  The guy had the pedigree to fix it, but maybe he just wasn't that good at recruiting the studs. 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Have you considered that might be because the person he's blocking falls down before he gets into his body? You know, because he's so strong?

He looks like he has decent technique that still needs a lot of refinement. He's in high school, that's fine. But downgrading a recruit because he's too much stronger than his Texas 6A state semifinal competition seems pretty interesting. 

I did consider it Just looks like he’s running at people with alligator arms instead of crushing them. I absolutely welcome his big strong ass in a position of dire need and hope he learns to lay the wood.

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yep, it’s just that easy. They’re all going to whip it right up, real quick-like. 

I’m not at all downgrading what you guys did, and what Clark field is doing in being systematic, renewable and permanent, but if aggy really has a $2M or $3M budget for recruiting they could bring that above board pretty quickly and easily with NFT’s, autographs etc., couldn’t they? 
I mean I know those Gomers don’t have the depth of money we do to do something systematic, but if you wanted to get money in a big time recruits hands pretty legally so you could big game hunt there’s an easy button somewhere, right?  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

19 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Cool what are your thoughts on our current OL players?

7 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I did consider it Just looks like he’s running at people with alligator arms instead of crushing them. I absolutely welcome his big strong ass in a position of dire need and hope he learns to lay the wood.

It’s more bored. He is just so big and he is just pushing kids around. This isn’t unusual for HS OL film. He is an example of a complete physical mismatch. Personally, the best block was setting the edge against a player that is easily 100+ pounds lighter. Gives you the idea that when required he can move. The rest is just him picking on kids. I haven’t looked at his film, but I would suggest looking and not judging off a 30 second clip on social media 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

They won’t. 
I hope you and everyone else calling me a dumbfuck are right, but when I say "everyone" I don't mean the TCU's and Temples of the world, but rather our biggest competition for the same type recruits. Can they afford to let it be a Texas exclusive forever?

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

my man said he feels good about Neto too???  

Banks likes Texas’s chances regarding a couple other touted offensive linemen.

”I feel good about about big Campbell, I feel he’s a good target and Neto from Allen.”

Edited by Thiefery
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Wiltfong.

Five-star OL Kelvin Banks talks commitment to Texas
STEVE WILTFONG

Spoiler

Five-star OL Kelvin Banks talks commitment to Texas
STEVE WILTFONG

Humble (Texas) Summer Creek five-star offensive tackle Kelvin Banks committed to Steve Sarkisian and the Texas staff in person on Saturday.

“It was cool,” Banks said. “They were very excited when I told them and they jumped around, it was cool.”

Banks also shared the moment with his family.

“It was in his heart to go from the beginning but I think the first group of coaches that were there he didn’t really like, but the coaches there now, he feels comfortable with them and he’s ready to go,” Banks father said.

A former Oregon commit who reopened the process after former head coach Mario Cristobal took the same position at Miami, Banks chose the Longhorns over Texas A&M and the Hurricanes.

“It being close to home was one of the big factors as far as my commitment and also the coaches and the whole staff, it was a good place to be,” Banks said.

Texas has the 247Sports No. 7 recruiting class with Banks as the jewel.

”They're building something great,” Banks said. “We have guys bought into the program and in the future we’re going to win national championships, and we have guys we’re recruiting locked into what they want to do and the future is going to be good.”

Banks likes Texas’s chances regarding a couple other touted offensive linemen.

”I feel good about about big Campbell, I feel he’s a good target and Neto from Allen.”

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not at all downgrading what you guys did, and what Clark field is doing is systematic, but if aggy really has a $2M or $3M budget for recruiting they could bring that above board pretty quickly and easily with NFT or Autogrwoh abut couldn’t they? 
I mean I know those Gomera don’t have the depth of money we do to do something systematic, but if you wanted to get money in a big time recruits hands pretty legally so you could big game hunt there’s an easy button somewhere, right?  

What you’re ignoring is now that we can do the same, we’re not automatically eliminated from the majority of recruitments that are about a payday like it’s been the last decade.  Recruits aren’t going to choose aggy if they can get paid at Texas.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting