Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

We are still very early into building out funds for each position. I'd assume this time next year there will be a DB specific fund in the open. 

I'd argue DL be the next group. Trenches are most important positions on teams. 

*Also noting that the above is just a suggestion prior to CTJ/Sydney ripping my head off about providing a check.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

If these kids were smart, they'd take aggy bag money and then commit to UT for the NIL money.

transam.jpg

I think the problem is that their “handlers” put a lot of pressure on them to stick to their commitment because they lose money/a role in the process otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mantis toboggan said:

Is it correct then that we can put 4 million together for Ewers but not a match amount for Harris?

Looch was the one that pulled $4MM out of his ass, have yet to see anyone cite figures other than people simple parroting Billy. And beyond Looch and his parrots, think the only other person to purport that we lured Ewers with a multi-million deal was Fat Ketch (believe his words were "first round money").

Given the two current sources around this topic, I remain skeptical and view it as simply rumors at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Kind of curious what we’re doing at WR. We’re not really going to just sign Thompson on NSD1 are we?

One last big swing at Stewart (likely won't work) then portal would be my guess. Works for me, last thing we need is more JAG freshmen WRs.

FWIW, IT said they aren't pushing for Decoldest so they have some sort of plan there...

Edited by UncleSonny

2 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Is it correct then that we can put 4 million together for Ewers but not a match amount for Harris?

i mean, the position of QB is significantly more valuable - both to companies that are investing NIL $ and in visibility/importance to the team.

add in that Ewers has 38k followers on twitter and 117k on insta and Harris has like 6k / 10k and you can do the math. they are absolutely not equal in either NIL dollars

(for comparison, bijan has 19k followers on twitter and 111k on instagram)

let's just get Coombs leaving trending on social media and wish it into existence 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

2) What is this “we” shit, white man? You keep throwing that out there as though you have a smidgeon of involvement in anything besides showing up on this site occasionally with shitty takes. 

the man hasn't even contributed to burnt endz.  I refuse to read people's posts bitching about not paying players when they wont even contribute $10/mo to the TE room.

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 8

Ya'll know better than me but when I started to think 4mil would be bonkers I checked myself. I wonder what it's going to do to alumni giving when money goes to NIL funds instead of the athletic department -- directly influencing results on the field instead of indirect spending on facilities. Super cool that you fellas working Clark Field are on the cutting edge of a whole new world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

1) Liucci tossed out fake numbers to gin up negative interest from other fanbases and media, as well as to fuck up the process with the Ewers family. Any idiot would see through that. 

I’m sure he also made up the $15M/year or whatever was offered by LSU to show the recruits how dedicated Jimbo was.  Must be nice to have the “press” help recruiting vs our slapdicks making everything more difficult. 

• Rage+1 3

Pretty sure that figure came from some random poster on texaggy talking out their ass..

But there could be some truth to it, idk. No matter the real amount, Ewers about to make an insane amount of $ for a kid that hasnt even turned 19 yet

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

I’m sure he also made up the $15M/year or whatever was offered by LSU to show the recruits how dedicated Jimbo was.  Must be nice to have the “press” help recruiting vs our slapdicks making everything more difficult. 

For 9.95 I’ll be the Texas Goebbels. “Texas is set to land 12 5-stars”

”Sark was offered $16M/yr by Alabama and said no”

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Liucci tossed out fake numbers to gin up negative interest from other fanbases and media, as well as to fuck up the process with the Ewers family. Any idiot would see through that. 

2) What is this “we” shit, white man? You keep throwing that out there as though you have a smidgeon of involvement in anything besides showing up on this site occasionally with shitty takes. 

Ketch gets an assist on point 2 for his first round pick money tweet

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Should be at least one good one today. 

Ewers? Check. Williams? Check. 

Agbo and Brice are Wednesday. I’ve not heard anyone be declarative about Brice, but his own comments don’t scream excitement about being a sooner.

Campbell? Today, perhaps. Red? Does Sarkisian think he can compete on an eventually elite roster? 

Unless I’m missing something, anything else would be a surprise. I guess Gibbs is another question mark based on what the staff would like to believe. 

Oh you. Hiding the news that Stewart is flipping on Wednesday and Harris is just going to show up on campus in January without signing anything.  

24 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

For fuck sakes with the semantics. Why did we not match with legal ways to entice recruits. 

barbacoa has indicated a inside knowledge of this recruitment and said he was ours if we matched. Why not is the question 

You can't, they are still in high school, that is why QE graduated early and went to Ohio State.

People are running with that 4 number but I dont buy it. Fuck Liucci. Its classic projection. Ewers stepping into a wide open QB room under Sark's tutelage makes all the sense in the world. Meanwhile, Evan Stewart in Jimbo's offense is the worst fit imaginable. They went silly money to get him, everyone knows it.  

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
32 minutes ago, Deej said:
If these kids were smart, they'd take aggy bag money and then commit to UT for the NIL money.

transam.jpg.a18906dbb2d5657b86443ab9b81cf89b.jpg

From what I understand, the entire sum isnt upfront...a good portion of it depends on signing and sending in a LOI.

That's how everyone does it, but you know aggy ain't everyone. Look at Jimbo's contract. 

"I'll sign, but I need the money up front."

"You got it!!!"

13 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Posters who don't contribute to Burnt Ends and who also complain that NIL money isn't big enough should be ejected from this site. 

Is there something stopping them from hiring agents in HS, perhaps working on spec until they graduate? 

edit - quoted wrong guy and just looked it up:

• No individual, corporate entity, or other organization may:
    1. enter into any arrangement with a prospective student athlete relating to the prospective student athlete’s name, image, or likeness prior to their enrollment in an institution of higher education; or
    2. use inducements of future name, image, and likeness compensation arrangement to recruit a prospective student athlete to any institution of higher education.

Edited by mwaadeeb

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Should be at least one good one today. 

Ewers? Check. Williams? Check. 

Agbo and Brice are Wednesday. I’ve not heard anyone be declarative about Brice, but his own comments don’t scream excitement about being a sooner.

Campbell? Today, perhaps. Red? Does Sarkisian think he can compete on an eventually elite roster? 

Unless I’m missing something, anything else would be a surprise. I guess Gibbs is another question mark based on what the staff would like to believe. 

Maybe Neto? Who the hell knows what's going on there.

LTG - I think he still has a spot.

Armani Winfield - Maybe he's back in play?

Jordan Hudson - "Hey Jordan. Did you hear we got Ewers?"

Hullaby - Have we circled back around since he decommitted from Oregon?

Maybe we'll get a good ole-fashioned Charlie Strong signing day, and 3 or 4 random commits come out of the blue?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Maybe Neto? Who the hell knows what's going on there.

LTG - I think he still has a spot.

Armani Winfield - Maybe he's back in play?

Jordan Hudson - "Hey Jordan. Did you hear we got Ewers?"

Hullaby - Have we circled back around since he decommitted from Oregon?

Maybe we'll get a good ole-fashioned Charlie Strong signing day, and 3 or 4 random commits come out of the blue?

NEto is my favorite recruit ever. Its days to the first signing day and he has 1 crystal ball pick with low confidence. Never seen anything like it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

All answers appreciated. Asking questions should not be interpreted as criticism. Burnt ends will get a new member shortly. 

You asked the “why” incredulously as a form of criticism so do not be a cunt about it now and backtrack. Own your shit.  

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I certainly get this sentiment. Having had to decide between skipping meals and gas money, I can’t personally get irritated by anyone not able or willing to put into BE or something like it. It does piss me off when those folks start making demands of the rest of us, though. 

I’m used to it after the last 11 years. It’s the same ones that low ball season ticket holders for tickets who helped renovate DKR & build SEZ based on the argument of the ticket price. No comprehension what it takes to fund a program. 

17 minutes ago, Octavian said:

DBrown just posted some interesting stuff to his Instagram stories:

1. said next commitment is coming today

2. Someone asked if it was a WR and he put a smirk emoji

3. Someone asked about Harold Perkins playing on the 40 and he decided to include  it, no text though

4. Someone replied to him saying they would commit if Hayes would finish this person’s edit 

5. Someone asked if Evan was going to flip and he responded saying “ask Quinn”

image.gif.8e7328ee2610ae0e15a32186f94075ac.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

All answers appreciated. Asking questions should not be interpreted as criticism. Burnt ends will get a new member shortly. 

The manner in which you asked the questions is what lead to the interpretation. There are a lot of people working hard to do this the right way. It won’t change overnight.

Just now, crash_davis said:

sounds like ewers is recruiting the WRs, which makes sense. maybe he can convince stewart to join him/us.

This is what I am most curious about.  Does Ewers have some long coat tails to bring in WR talent.  Maybe his coat tails have already been on display and that is why the O lineman have been committing already.  We will see in the next few days hopefully.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting