Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

Surprised to see no mention of 3:10 to Yuma (the new one). Kevin Costner's Open Range also has one of the best gunfights in a Western I've ever seen.

There needs to be a distinction between spaghetti westerns and Hollywood westerns. Apples to oranges comparison.

More like apples to different kinds of apples

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

Surprised to see no mention of 3:10 to Yuma (the new one). Kevin Costner's Open Range also has one of the best gunfights in a Western I've ever seen.

There needs to be a distinction between spaghetti westerns and Hollywood westerns. Apples to oranges comparison.

3:10 to Yuma (remake) and Bone Tomahawk are two of the best westerns (modern) I've seen, and I don't really care too much for westerns. Saw 3:10 in theaters and bought it immediately the day if released. Just all-around great movie. 

Also agree on Breaking Bad not being all it’s hyped up to be. Maybe that’s also a product of having high expectations when watching it, but I started and didn’t finish. Never truly captured my interest.

It’s EASILY a top 5 all time show.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

This penn st commit at the aab looks like complete trash. They mentioned earlier he was a FB/RB until 9th grade and it shows. How on earth he is a 5star recruit is beyond me.

He throws the ball a long way and is a big guy.  But yeah, he’s missed several guys by a mile. 

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You see this drop-off a lot in music.  A group spends a decade writing/crafting/performing songs for a debut album that is incredible - to then be told by the record company that they have 10 months to put out their second album.

I read an interview with the writer/creator of True Detective and he said he spent something like 15 years writing and editing that first season.  Then had 6 months to get a script together for Season 2.

He should have spent another 10 years writing it. 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

This makes me ragey. The most memorable part of Blacklist is that it had the worst leading actress of all time. So horrible you want to watch her die in a horrible manner even though her character is supposed to be generally sympathetic and likeable. In the episodes I saw the central figures could be in NYC, DC, Paris or wherever in a matter of minutes. James Spader is an excellent actor but I would never recommend blacklist to anyone with more than half a brain. So maybe the football board.

Someone up too is talking about Filipino cowboys and you think this is unrealistic?

besides travel time is never linear IE if they flip to a different place within minutes the travel time is assumed to be the normal travel time

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Also - 995’ers don’t know shit. No one even hinted he was an early signee. Some sites were still wondering if he was even a take for Texas. 

I'm reasonably sure they said he signed in December and was announcing later but I sure as shit am not going through all the pages so I'll just wait for someone like @texifornia who pays attention to back this up

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting