2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

They have both been recruited throughout the entire year by several other staffs. They are the 2 best man cover CBs that we have. Crawford played ~30 snaps this season total despite being clearly better than his peers in practice, despite bringing an infusion of speed that is sorely lacking, and despite the starting trio struggling in coverage (man or zone) and tackling. Barron played more but it was still marginal - again, despite bringing a speed and athleticism that was sorely lacking. These guys are simply not a good match with Terry Joseph. 

Do they care where they play or just want to be on the field? I’m talking Barron in the slot versus outside. He showed to be a willing tackler vs KState certainly as much as Cook ever did leading up to this year. And one of those was just an effort play. It seems to me it’s Barron, Cook, Crawford and Jamison for 3 spots.

It’s a bit surprising that Cook and Jamison came back. Overshown too.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Also the transfer player has to be Clayton Smith, Mukuba or Brock. But its probably someone we'll be disappointed in 

My Bama guy has asked a number of times about Brocks and gets radio silence since they were taken off the active roster. Not sure what is happening there. Mukuba would definitely be something to get excited about. 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

My Bama guy has asked a number of times about Brocks and gets radio silence since they were taken off the active roster. Not sure what is happening there. Mukuba would definitely be something to get excited about. 

When did this happen? I checked their depth chart a few times during the season and he wasn't on it. Didn't realize he wasn't even on the roster.

Edited by Bevo14

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Man getting Tommy Brockermeyer would be amazing. Kinda sad that it would have to come to a transfer to do it but guess we’ll see. Has there been any real noise about this or just them not being on the website?

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Sorry, I meant depth chart. They were both on the second team line up until the last few weeks of the season and then they both disappeared at the same time. Like I said, no clue what is happening there if anything, it is just interesting that both of them were pulled at the same time. That would tell me it likely wasn't injury. 

Edited by Vertigo

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

NIL $ vs chance of not making a roster?

This really is an important angle. Hard to believe all three didn't leave because of it. Why not put 100k in the bank (while on scholarship) and improve your draft position? 

I still don't get the Jamison bitching. All DBs blow it from time to time. He didn't seem to blow it anymore than is statistically normal. Thinking he should go and make room for an unproven player is flat stupid.

NIL $ vs chance of not making a roster?

True. I can see Overshown being highly marketable but not sure of the other two regarding NIL. Overshown needs to show more on the field than he did this year though. One year of mediocre tape for he and Jamison can be more easily explained than two. Cook is going to have to sell himself harder.

Part of the equation on their returns was how much did the staff want them to return. And I was probably thinking more roster turnover from those guys who’d been here 4 years. Who wants to stick around for what they consider a shitty scheme.

Gerry confirmed in the comments this was the mystery guy. Why the fuck they would prefer him over Harris confuses me... maybe they think he could have a domino effect with some others? Or did he just ball the fuck out this season or something? I watched a few OSU games but not closely enough to be paying attention to who the fuck was out there or playing well at DB. 

edit: wonder if this is one of those "2-3 guys that Ewers wants to bring with him" as well? 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

Chris Adimora to UCLA?

Spoiler

UCLA is showing interest in a safety transfer from Texas who submitted his name to the transfer portal Friday.

He is Chris Adimora, the former four-star prospect in the 2019 class from local Lakewood (Calif.) Mayfair.

The 6-1, 205-pounder was a junior this season, playing in a total of 23 games and making 10 starts during his three seasons with the Longhorns.  After a fairly productive sophomore season in 2020, in which he collected 46 tackles, 1.5 for loss, three break-ups and one interception, he was used less in 2021, with only 10 tackles this season. 

Adimora will have one more conventional year of eligibility, but then another with the additional COVID year. 

UCLA was a finalist for Adimora out of high school, and actually led for him at one point before he chose Texas. 

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Gerry confirmed in the comments this was the mystery guy. Why the fuck they would prefer him over Harris confuses me... maybe they think he could have a domino effect with some others? Or did he just ball the fuck out this season or something? I watched a few OSU games but not closely enough to be paying attention to who the fuck was out there or playing well at DB. 

edit: wonder if this is one of those "2-3 guys that Ewers wants to bring with him" as well? 

Nahlin explicitly said Watts was a late development and NOT the guy they were talking about coming through the portal.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Nahlin explicitly said Watts was a late development and NOT the guy they were talking about coming through the portal.

edit: Nm, Gerry was referring to the portal player he mentioned in his run down last night not the 'mystery player' they've been talking about for a bit now. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

There’s a WR that is known to be seriously considering the portal and this board would blow its wad over. That’s been a possibility for a lot longer than the Watts stuff that popped up. Watts was who Gerry was referencing the past few days. 

You get Watts, you might get Brooks, you might care as much about Harris or losing Crawford. I’m interested to see if they keep Coombs. Seems like he’s gone to me. 

I've been thinking about a particular WR but didn't want to mention it because it seems unrealistic based on the season he just had. 

Is it the same WR you mentioned this offseason? 

Edited by texasstrong12

13 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Chris Adimora to UCLA?

Hide contents

UCLA is showing interest in a safety transfer from Texas who submitted his name to the transfer portal Friday.

He is Chris Adimora, the former four-star prospect in the 2019 class from local Lakewood (Calif.) Mayfair.

The 6-1, 205-pounder was a junior this season, playing in a total of 23 games and making 10 starts during his three seasons with the Longhorns.  After a fairly productive sophomore season in 2020, in which he collected 46 tackles, 1.5 for loss, three break-ups and one interception, he was used less in 2021, with only 10 tackles this season. 

Adimora will have one more conventional year of eligibility, but then another with the additional COVID year. 

UCLA was a finalist for Adimora out of high school, and actually led for him at one point before he chose Texas. 

He's got good instincts, plays hard, and hits like a truck. You'll like him.

• Hook 'Em 5

I've heard from somebody prior to the season that Smith-Njigba was homesick. The CTJ rumors this offseason combined with that is interesting. 

But it just seems so wild that after the season he just had at Ohio State that he would transfer. It's somebody this board would definitely blow their wad over though. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There’s a WR that is known to be seriously considering the portal and this board would blow its wad over. That’s been a possibility for a lot longer than the Watts stuff that popped up. Watts was who Gerry was referencing the past few days. 

You get Watts, you might get Brooks, you might care as much about Harris or losing Crawford. I’m interested to see if they keep Coombs. Seems like he’s gone to me. 

This is starting to get fun

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)