2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think he's pretty much a weasel, myself. But, he's an awfully voluminous poster and, in the end, we see eye-to-eye on the best way to continually fuck up a recruiting forum. We're in the business of posting recruiting news, rumors, and non sequiturs, Longhornlove. That is a responsibility we have to take pretty seriously.

So, what's your point? I was in a conversation about a recruit when he rudely butted in. Are you accusing me of something?

2 hours ago, NoName said:

to be clear, you watched any Texas games this year...and determined that the team's largest need is defensive end, not linebacker?

and beyond that, the choice is a guy who is a good but not great DE vs a guy who was a dang good LB but stuck behind the next great Bama pass rusher (Dallas Turner)?

Gordon Ramsay Wow GIF by FOX TV

I actually think this would be a great debate. I believe Babers had a stat that opposing offenses were running for over a 10 yards a carry on the right or left D gap against Texas (I think that was after Kansas, but dont quote me on that). The inability to contain the run or show any sign of pass rush was really high on the list of defensive problems. Scary to say that Texas really missed Jones on defense this year. Having a player that understands the idea of contain, does not fly up field opening lanes underneath him (Ovie), and could provide a pass rush could really help things.  Though this argument is a bit odd, as both Mathis and Sanders play on the edge. 

46 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Fuck.  Seems like most of the players in the portal rarely make all of their visits.

unlike a high school recruit(and whoever the HS competitors are for a spot) who can't sign until a certain date, its easier to say to a transfer that we want you but if you can't commit today we are moving on, putting the pressure on the guy because he and his potential competition can commit right away.

the old "you might lose your spot" thing can be a very short process.

as it relates to your point, it seems it might be better to have the early visit on a transfer unlike with HS guy.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

That is an extremely obscure reference that I had to google and still don't completely understand. Thanks for those 3 minutes of my life I will regret eternally.

Tell us all you're new and don't actually read most of the recruiting board without actually spelling it out explicitly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

My original point was BO&W is a low-functioning dufus and if he's someone causing you angst here, you're not doing it right, should push away from your monitor for a bit, change your handle out of the shame of it, and start over again in a couple of years. By then, our resident incel will have probably driven his early 80's Chevy van into a crowd of women at an anti-Trump rally and you can go back to your inane posting habits with impunity.

My second point was tangential for my own entertainment and also - whoosh.

Thanks for clearing that up......I think. Like I said, I won't change and neither will he. I'm pretty sure you will continue being you as well, as this post is substantial evidence. Nothing will change, nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

In the thread about Sanders:

1555923668_unknown1.png.adbffa975a532a7c8d7cd8a604dbfd4b.png

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

To add on to this, OB had a note last night saying GP was on campus in a working capacity. The job posting that is presumed to be for GP has a start date of 1/16 so probably no announcement before then. They expect him to be around this weekend for any visits that occur

Nothing else worthwhile on OB

If Patterson is brought on as an analyst and not a regular assistant, he's not able to directly recruit, right? Or maybe I have that wrong? Does it matter that these guys aren't HS players?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tell us all you're new and don't actually read most of the recruiting board without actually spelling it out explicitly. 

I've been out lately and missed many pages, just jumped into the cold end of the pool. Sorry, Busy with life and work. Just getting back to normal after the Hollidays. I apologize for missing the obscure reference.

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Now you're going to summon casual encounter

He's not going to get that reference. 

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If Patterson is brought on as an analyst and not a regular assistant, he's not able to directly recruit, right? Or maybe I have that wrong? Does it matter that these guys aren't HS players?

He can't contact kids off-campus and he can't hit the road. But he can be around everyone when they're on campus. Think Michael Huff showing off his lambos when kids hit campus. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

do you actually think there are still rules in college football?  the NCAA is done as an enforcement arm.  it's pretty much self enforcement now, which hopefully we are done with(see Plonsky, et al).

Saban had analysts coaching on the sidelines in a national championship game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

That don’t make a shit. This isn’t some rando Wyoming receiver. This is a Texas kid, and there’s smoke from multiple players on the roster with Alabama ties.

I said calculator goddamnit. 

The players were probably tweeting about Billingsly...

55 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Thanks for clearing that up......I think. Like I said, I won't change and neither will he. I'm pretty sure you will continue being you as well, as this post is substantial evidence. Nothing will change, nothing to see here.

i mean, CTJ has been basically the same dude online for like 20 years?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He can't contact kids off-campus and he can't hit the road. But he can be around everyone when they're on campus. Think Michael Huff showing off his lambos when kids hit campus. 

is the GP version of this holding a pickers circle at the 50 yard line during OVs?

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)