2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Yes the numbers 36 and can still get creative with it. If we go to 36 it will limit us in 2023 which can be an issue but this team needs an immediate talent upgrade so I imagine they will stretch to as big of a number as possible

I'm sure we'd still take a full class of around 25 in 2023 plus some transfers, assuming they make the new one time +7 transfer rule permanent, which I think is likely 

11 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

So Arkansas is going to take a bunch of our players because they know how to tamper and our staff is so dumb they can’t stop it, if our staff says we got him then we don’t have him because they suck at closing, and our defense should be roughly 124-125ish next year based on how dumb PK is. Sweet. 
Uh Oh Oops GIF by Mammoth Screen

lulz 

30 Rock Thumbs Up GIF

• Haha 1

Georgia transfer stuff

The original list from a non-247 site from a guy who might have dubious info at times, but at the very least has created discussion about which of the names mentioned are real

"Kirby Smart mentioned some guys were holding back on their transfers until after the game. He said he appreciated it.

Here are some guys we think he may be referring to on offense :

1. These guys are leaving
JT Daniels
Justin Robinson
Jalen Johnson
Xavier Truss

2. There's a good chance these guys go into the portal:
Kearis Jackson
Jermaine Burton
Darnell Washington
Carson Beck
Owen Condon

3. These are possible transfers.
Amarius Mims
Kendall Milton
Brett Seither

Maybe some other o-line guys This is not really a surprise. Alabama has had five guys enter the portal today."

Georgia's main 247 mod, Rusty Mansell, is as close to this Georgia team as you'll find from a mod for a major program, so you can take most of what he says to the bank, as far as stuff that doesn't change goes 

Stuff he said last night

- Pickens is gone to the draft

- Mims is staying

- Burton is thinking about it, but likely staying

- Would be a big surprise if Milton left (Milton's dad apparently got on social media late last night and shit on the rumor)

- Doesn't see a way JT Daniels stays

- Condon, Kimber, Truss, and a few others "who want to play" are on portal watch

- Georgia isn't getting Shemar Stewart, thinks he's likely Miami bound

- Has not heard of the Washington to Bama chatter that's popped up on boards, mentions that Banks is who recruited Washington at Bama

- Predicts Drew Sanders to OU

- No on Caleb Williams smoke

Will return around lunchtime tomorrow (this was last night, so lunchtime today) with more up to date info 

• Hook 'Em 5

Gerry

Spoiler

Received a call Tuesday morning with news of Ochaun Mathis most likely entering portal. And this person thought Texas would be the pick due to Gary Patterson.

Also fielded a call on Alabama transfer Drew Sanders. "Everybody is calling me on Sanders." Said a source extremely close to the situation. A lot of those teams are calling to check the pulse of Sanders, and if he entered the portal with a decision already made. That is not said to be the case, but Texas is under heavy consideration as IT reported the week before the National Title game when we knew Sanders was entering the portal.

Mario Williams and Caleb Williams connection. One person said the early word was Caleb Williams and family weren't enamored with the USC facilities and such on a visit. If Caleb opted for somewhere other than USC, obviously that helps with Mario Williams. That doesn't mean Caleb doesn't end up at USC, obviously, but something I was told. With Jaxson Dart entering the portal, there is ample pressure on Lincoln Riley to win out for Caleb Williams. The situation could get a little ugly early on in LA if Riley now doesn't get Caleb Williams after angering an extremely talented Dart.

All of these guys will have to make decisions this weekend on their futures.

*And a note. Seven days prior to the start of a semester, portal players can make official visits. Mario Williams is on an official visit to Texas. Just for those wondering about the rules.

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Georgia transfer stuff

The original list from a non-247 site from a guy who might have dubious info at times, but at the very least has created discussion about which of the names mentioned are real

"Kirby Smart mentioned some guys were holding back on their transfers until after the game. He said he appreciated it.

JT Daniels
Justin Robinson
Jalen Johnson
Xavier Truss

Kearis Jackson
Jermaine Burton
Darnell Washington
Carson Beck
Owen Condon

Amarius Mims
Kendall Milton
Brett Seither

Maybe some other o-line guys This is not really a surprise. Alabama has had five guys enter the portal today."

Georgia's main 247 mod, Rusty Mansell, is as close to this Georgia team as you'll find from a mod for a major program, so you can take most of what he says to the bank, as far as stuff that doesn't change goes 

Stuff he said last night

- Mims is staying

- Would be a big surprise if Milton left (Milton's dad apparently got on social media late last night and shit on the rumor)

- Condon, Kimber, Truss, and a few others "who want to play" are on portal watch

- Has not heard of the Washington to Bama chatter that's popped up on boards, mentions that Banks is who recruited Washington at Bama

Will return around lunchtime tomorrow (this was last night, so lunchtime today) with more up to date info 

Washington was offered by Texas/recruited by Banks/Sark, Seither was recruited by Sark/Banks too, Mims recruited by Flood, Milton by Sark. Most of the likeliest group were the year prior to Flood/Sark being at Bama. 

3 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Washington was offered by Texas/recruited by Banks/Sark, Seither was recruited by Sark/Banks too, Mims recruited by Flood, Milton by Sark. Most of the likeliest group were the year prior to Flood/Sark being at Bama. 

Washington would be a huge(literally) pickup! Dude is 6'8 and is physical. 

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

Georgia transfer stuff

JT Daniels
Justin Robinson
Jalen Johnson
Xavier Truss

Kearis Jackson
Jermaine Burton
Darnell Washington
Carson Beck
Owen Condon

Amarius Mims
Kendall Milton
Brett Seither

Stuff he said last night

- Mims is staying

Jermaine Burton is a good WR.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Fud said:

Georgia transfer stuff

JT Daniels
Justin Robinson
Jalen Johnson
Xavier Truss

Kearis Jackson
Jermaine Burton
Darnell Washington
Carson Beck
Owen Condon

Amarius Mims
Kendall Milton
Brett Seither

Stuff he said last night

- Mims is staying

Washington and Burton por favor. 

Spoke with a guy connected. Said Sorrell should have received a lot more playing time - the dude is built and much more athletic than Collins (for example). Said our DEs sucked and that Sorrell could have definitely helped. If DE and linebacker play were better, our DBs would have looked much better. Our linebackers were a mess including coaching and players. Overshown is the only upper classman worth a shit and our recruiting sucked. Nothing too surprising other than it fitting what most of us have seen. I'm just surprised that we haven't made changes.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Spoke with a guy connected. Said Sorrell should have received a lot more playing time - the dude is built and much more athletic than Collins (for example). Said our DEs sucked and that Sorrell could have definitely helped. If DE and linebacker play were better, our DBs would have looked much better. Our linebackers were a mess including coaching and players. Overshown is the only upper classman worth a shit and our recruiting sucked. Nothing too surprising other than it fitting what most of us have seen. I'm just surprised that we haven't made changes.

DO sucked this year, he was not good regardless of injury. Our  inside LB's must improve but agree with DL being shit does not help any other layer of defense.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Gerry

Hide contents

Received a call Tuesday morning with news of Ochaun Mathis most likely entering portal. And this person thought Texas would be the pick due to Gary Patterson.

Also fielded a call on Alabama transfer Drew Sanders. "Everybody is calling me on Sanders." Said a source extremely close to the situation. A lot of those teams are calling to check the pulse of Sanders, and if he entered the portal with a decision already made. That is not said to be the case, but Texas is under heavy consideration as IT reported the week before the National Title game when we knew Sanders was entering the portal.

Mario Williams and Caleb Williams connection. One person said the early word was Caleb Williams and family weren't enamored with the USC facilities and such on a visit. If Caleb opted for somewhere other than USC, obviously that helps with Mario Williams. That doesn't mean Caleb doesn't end up at USC, obviously, but something I was told. With Jaxson Dart entering the portal, there is ample pressure on Lincoln Riley to win out for Caleb Williams. The situation could get a little ugly early on in LA if Riley now doesn't get Caleb Williams after angering an extremely talented Dart.

All of these guys will have to make decisions this weekend on their futures.

*And a note. Seven days prior to the start of a semester, portal players can make official visits. Mario Williams is on an official visit to Texas. Just for those wondering about the rules.

That's pretty interesting. First example I've seen of a player leaking stuff to the press as a negotiating tactic for NIL. Makes total sense it would go this direction, considering how common stuff like that is in pro sports contract negotiations.

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So by "connected" you mean watched our games?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, tokamak said:

That's pretty interesting. First example I've seen of a player leaking stuff to the press as a negotiating tactic for NIL. Makes total sense it would go this direction, considering how common stuff like that is in pro sports contract negotiations.

what do facilities have to do with NIL?

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

"Connected?" To what, WiFi so he can stream the games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Which is why our opponents were running for 10 YPC over the D Gap all year on average. It is a chicken and egg thing at LB. Coaches generally look bad when they have shit talent. Starting a walkon next to a guy who has no training at LB was a recipe for disaster until Ford emerged late in the season. Overshown has never gone through a spring at linebacker due to Injury/Covid, so his growth has been stunted and he is just out there running around on instinct. Every coach comes to Bama and looks great (except Jay Valai).

Same situation at DE, the talent was dire and we took upperclassmen JAGS just to fill a room. Once Jacoby Jones went down we were fucked. The DE talent we are bringing in will take some time, but if we can pull in Mathis at EDGE that room gets better immediately. Sanders feels like a pipe dream until it isn't, but I would throw any LB in that room out the door to get him in if that is what it took. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

what do facilities have to do with NIL?

I assume Caleb Williams's priorities at this point are playing time, scheme fit, NIL, NFL development, and winning, in some order. Can't imagine why facilities really matter to him, and I'm sure USC's are adequate anyway.

It read to me like Williams (or someone close to him) just wanted to neg USC publicly so they wouldn't take him for granted.

43 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

not picking on this guy in particular, mainly because he was there 4 years, but does anyone see these as worthless in the age of the portal/free transfer.  I get a grad transfer, you and the school made a commitment and completed it, but who cares if some sophomore transfers out because he only played in 3 games.

I suppose these will become like the "OMG, the coach didn't talk to his team before everyone found out he was leaving or he didn't have a team meeting" type things.  no one gives a shit, pack your bags and get the F out.  

30 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Say hi to Sorrell for me the next time you talk to him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tokamak said:

5 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I assume Caleb Williams's priorities at this point are playing time, scheme fit, NIL, NFL development, and winning, in some order. Can't imagine why facilities really matter to him, and I'm sure USC's are adequate anyway.

It read to me like Williams (or someone close to him) just wanted to neg USC publicly so they wouldn't take him for granted.

Assuming all this shit is true, it’s more data that Riley made a terrible decision choosing Caleb and his dad over Dart 

Just now, Fud said:

Assuming all this shit is true, it’s more data that Riley made a terrible decision choosing Caleb and his dad over Dart 

Is it really any different than Ewers making us sweat out multiple pitches from Tech to drive up the NIL?

• Hook 'Em 1

Man the portal heated up quick! We shall see but maybe the staff actually knows what they're doing.

I'm guessing Mario's visit is somewhat of a token "hey look no tampering happened here" visit before he signs with USC. Hope I'm wrong. Maybe baseball wins out for us.

Mathis and Billingsley sound like pretty high probabilities.

Who tf knows on Sanders but he's the #1 target imo.

Burton from UGA would be nice. Darnell Washington looks so huge that I have a hard time he can really be a TE, but idk shit. Any UGA defensive player would be very welcome.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Man the portal heated up quick! We shall see but maybe the staff actually knows what they're doing.

I'm guessing Mario's visit is somewhat of a token "hey look no tampering happened here" visit before he signs with USC. Hope I'm wrong. Maybe baseball wins out for us.

Mathis and Billingsley sound like pretty high probabilities.

Who tf knows on Sanders but he's the #1 target imo.

Burton from UGA would be nice. Darnell Washington looks so huge that I have a hard time he can really be a TE, but idk shit. Any UGA defensive player would be very welcome.

Usc also has a baseball team, and while I don’t know the quality of Mario Williams as a baseball player, playing time is likely easier to come by at usc than at Texas right now. 

42 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

We probably have a spot or 2 on the OL. I'd take him if he's enrolling in the spring. 

Lotta people think we are all set on OL.   I think we should upgrade if possible.  

No idea if the Byrd rumor is true,  but I think you gotta take him if he wants to come.

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Is it really any different than Ewers making us sweat out multiple pitches from Tech to drive up the NIL?

We're gonna see a lot of intentional misdirection from high-profile portals because of both NIL and to avoid tampering appearances.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Usc also has a baseball team, and while I don’t know the quality of Mario Williams as a baseball player, playing time is likely easier to come by at usc than at Texas right now. 

USC baseball had a losing record last year. Texas is preseason top 2. Recruits in any sport generally prefer good teams over bad ones.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)