2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

12 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I figured from that picture that he was "upgrading" to Incarnate.  
I guess I misunderstood.

But still though.

He a guy from West Columbia who had two FCS offers and now will be a starting P5 QB. Cut the dude a break for being happy.

(Also he's wearing a Wazzu jersey with several visible Wazzu logos in that picture)

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Hall and Billingsley might get processed after this game with the way they are playing. They will fit in great here. 

Billingsley is 100% getting processed after this year…. Really hope they try to develop Gunner Helm and J’Tavion Sanders.  Sanders is a strong and fast mother fucker with strong hands.  Teach him how to block and run routes.  

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He a guy from West Columbia who had two FCS offers and now will be a starting P5 QB. Cut the dude a break for being happy.

(Also he's wearing a Wazzu jersey with several visible Wazzu logos in that picture)

Eric Morris,  his head coach at UIW, was recently named OC at Wazzu.   Per Ward's bio,  he is related to Quentin and Quandre.   Hope he does well.

2020 (Freshman): (Spring 2021) 2021 Jerry Rice award winner… Set multiple UIW single-game and single-season passing records in just six games...finished the season with 2,260 yards passing and 24 touchdowns...threw for a career-high 470 yards and six touchdowns at Nicholls on March 27....also rushed for two touchdowns...named to the Southland All-Conference first-team.

High School: A dual threat QB who played at Columbia High School in Columbia, Texas, under Brent Mascheck… as both a junior and a senior, threw for more than 1,000 yards at QB… in 2018, completed 72 of 124 pass attempts for 1,070 yards and seven touchdowns… also rushed for four TDs… helped team become 2019 co-district champions… earned first team all-district as a QB, honorable mention all-state football and All-Southern Brazoia County first team QB… also named two-time all-district offensive MVP in basketball… was selected honorable mention all-state academically.

Personal: Parents are Calvin and Patrice Ward… has three older siblings… one ran track and field at Houston Baptist… also has two relatives in the NFL (Quandre Diggs plays for the Seattle Seahawks and Quintin Jammer plays for the San Diego Chargers)… started playing football at eight years old… chose UIW because it’s where he felt God wanted him to be… major is undecided.

https://uiwcardinals.com/sports/football/roster/cameron-ward/9952

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Billingsley is 100% getting processed after this year…. Really hope they try to develop Gunner Helm and J’Tavion Sanders.  Sanders is a strong and fast mother fucker with strong hands.  Teach him how to block and run routes.  

Billingsley may be a worse blocker than Wiley. He is bad.

41 minutes ago, torre said:

Eric Morris,  his head coach at UIW, was recently named OC at Wazzu.   Per Ward's bio,  he is related to Quentin and Quandre.   Hope he does well.

2020 (Freshman): (Spring 2021) 2021 Jerry Rice award winner… Set multiple UIW single-game and single-season passing records in just six games...finished the season with 2,260 yards passing and 24 touchdowns...threw for a career-high 470 yards and six touchdowns at Nicholls on March 27....also rushed for two touchdowns...named to the Southland All-Conference first-team.

High School: A dual threat QB who played at Columbia High School in Columbia, Texas, under Brent Mascheck… as both a junior and a senior, threw for more than 1,000 yards at QB… in 2018, completed 72 of 124 pass attempts for 1,070 yards and seven touchdowns… also rushed for four TDs… helped team become 2019 co-district champions… earned first team all-district as a QB, honorable mention all-state football and All-Southern Brazoia County first team QB… also named two-time all-district offensive MVP in basketball… was selected honorable mention all-state academically.

Personal: Parents are Calvin and Patrice Ward… has three older siblings… one ran track and field at Houston Baptist… also has two relatives in the NFL (Quandre Diggs plays for the Seattle Seahawks and Quintin Jammer plays for the San Diego Chargers)… started playing football at eight years old… chose UIW because it’s where he felt God wanted him to be… major is undecided.

https://uiwcardinals.com/sports/football/roster/cameron-ward/9952

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I hope so Bucky, I hope so…

No one would fault Earle for transferring other than some butthurt Gumps. He wasn’t on the field in 5 WR sets despite Metchie and Jameson being out. That’s a bad sign. He should be on the first thing smoking back to Texas. 

BREAKING:  X Alabama 5* recruit enters the transfer portal.  Sources say Texas is a top choice. 

X recruit was behind the starter at Bama and thought they could do it better. 

-most reporters tomorrow, probably. 

Edited by T3SL4

So now that the football season is over is it actually possible that we don’t bring in a WR or 2 plus a LB or 2 via the portal?  I mean, I would call that malpractice by the staff to not be able to get some decent players at those spots with immediate playing time available at a blue blood program (yeah I know we have sucked for a decade plus but still). 

19 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So now that the football season is over is it actually possible that we don’t bring in a WR or 2 plus a LB or 2 via the portal?  I mean, I would call that malpractice by the staff to not be able to get some decent players at those spots with immediate playing time available at a blue blood program (yeah I know we have sucked for a decade plus but still). 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

There will be another round of portal action after spring ball and again when the spring semester ends. While the need is there I understand the thinking of wanting to be a little selective considering we only have a handful of spots left and the best LB in the portal tomorrow could be the 8th best LB in the portal two weeks from now. 

(I think a semi-good example of this was when Marcus Banks transferred from Bama a few months back and many wondered if we would pursue, we passed and Watts became available a month later)

But yes, if we don’t make at least one addition at WR and LB by August I will definitely say that is malpractice.

Edited by Hookem2147

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

There will be another round of portal action after spring ball and again when the spring semester ends. While the need is there I understand the thinking of wanting to be a little selective considering we only have a handful of spots left and the best LB in the portal tomorrow could be the 8th best LB in the portal two weeks from now. 

(I think a semi-good example of this was when Marcus Banks transferred from Bama a few months back and many wondered if we would pursue, we passed and Watts became available a month later)

But yes, if we don’t make at least one addition at WR and LB by August I will definitely say that is malpractice.

It would be my preference for any transfers to be here for spring practice.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Isn't last day to enter portal with immediate eligibility May 1?

17 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

They actually have a QB who lit it up as a RS Fr last year - Tyler Van Dyke. Better numbers than Dart. Also have top 100 2021 recruit Jake Garcia on campus.

I'm surprised Kiffin hasn't landed any of these transfer QBs yet. Maybe the NFL rumors are real? That seems like a good spot for Dart.

Ultimately though, it sounds like Dart was all West Coast coming out of HS so good chance that's still the case. DTR may kill UCLA otherwise that'd be my frontrunner. Utah could make sense.

they had the #50 OFEI offense in the country, so let's not give them TOO much credit here.

also the defenses he did well against were basically all 90+ DFEI teams - bad defenses outside of Pitt...

Edited by NoName

Nahlin:

Along with Caleb Williams, we expect Mario Williams to reunite with Lincoln Riley at USC. However, the OU transfer wide receiver might visit UT in the coming days. We haven't been able to confirm the visit will happen, but that was the expectation in recent days. USC might have this locked up already.

10:45 p.m. - David Johnson (ole miss insider)

***As of right now, I do believe Ole Miss is in play for USC transfer quarterback Jaxson Dart. I would not be surprised to see Dart visit Oxford very soon. With that said, Oklahoma and Jeff Lebby have emerged as the Rebels' toughest competition, according to some sources. My friend Brandon Drumm at our Oklahoma site has confirmed that Dart plans to spend this weekend on an official visit in Norman. The Sooners are discussing with Dart, who has a redshirt year to give, the possibility of doing that for the 2022 season then taking over for Dillon Gabriel, who is expected to play just one season for the Sooners before moving on to the NFL. With that said, there is a little bit of noise about BYU and UCLA being involved here. Some sources believe Georgia and West Virginia ought to be watched here, too. More as we learn.

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

10:45 p.m. - David Johnson (ole miss insider)

***As of right now, I do believe Ole Miss is in play for USC transfer quarterback Jaxson Dart. I would not be surprised to see Dart visit Oxford very soon. With that said, Oklahoma and Jeff Lebby have emerged as the Rebels' toughest competition, according to some sources. My friend Brandon Drumm at our Oklahoma site has confirmed that Dart plans to spend this weekend on an official visit in Norman. The Sooners are discussing with Dart, who has a redshirt year to give, the possibility of doing that for the 2022 season then taking over for Dillon Gabriel, who is expected to play just one season for the Sooners before moving on to the NFL. With that said, there is a little bit of noise about BYU and UCLA being involved here. Some sources believe Georgia and West Virginia ought to be watched here, too. More as we learn.

Man that sucks if it’s OU. Didn’t expect that one. 

If he’s ok with sitting a year that opens a lot of options so you’d think he’d go UCLA (his other original finalist) or one of the Utah schools. 

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Why would Dart go to OU to sit out a year? It sounds like more Drumm regarded fan fiction BS. 

Yep, Dart is too good to sit on the bench for a season. You are essentially asking the kid to delay a season going to the NFL draft. All things being equal, I think Dart can beat out Gabriel every day of the week in a heads up competition, but they seem to have promised Gabriel the job already. If I were Dart, I would go to Ole Miss with Kiffen and not have to sit. 

15 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Man that sucks if it’s OU. Didn’t expect that one. 

If he’s ok with sitting a year that opens a lot of options so you’d think he’d go UCLA (his other original finalist) or one of the Utah schools. 

I'm guessing BYU is still the favorite

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Yep, Dart is too good to sit on the bench for a season. You are essentially asking the kid to delay a season going to the NFL draft. All things being equal, I think Dart can beat out Gabriel every day of the week in a heads up competition, but they seem to have promised Gabriel the job already. If I were Dart, I would go to Ole Miss with Kiffen and not have to sit. 

It feels like the Ole Miss mod is going off BS intel from Drumm. Many other outlets have BYU as the leader for Dart. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

BYU has a decent returning starter too, I wonder if that's a factor?

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Not that I think it will happen, but if Dart can beat out Gabriel every day of the week, why would he be sitting behind him?  Why would OU care if Gabriel isn't happy when they have the better QB on the field.

Catching up on the thread and it's baffling how many posters haven't figured out the portal yet. This is not high school recruiting: round 2. To have a realistic chance, you need to be a contributing factor to the player hitting the portal in the first place. 

The programs bringing in administrative portal personnel are not evaluating portal candidates, they're evaluating active players and determining what connections they can leverage to get them to the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Not that I think it will happen, but if Dart can beat out Gabriel every day of the week, why would he be sitting behind him?  Why would OU care if Gabriel isn't happy when they have the better QB on the field.

That clusterfuck would be a lot of fun to view from afar. Sucks for Gabriel, but he would have sat behind DTR anyway. He would probably portal again. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

That clusterfuck would be a lot of fun to view from afar. Sucks for Gabriel, but he would have sat behind DTR anyway. He would probably portal again. 

Most likely but he'd also have to sit out a year if he plays any snaps.  Or how does the 1 free transfer year work?  Is it like the new RS rules that as long as it's not a certain % of games it counts as RS/sitting out, so he'd be available to transfer again and play immediately.

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Most likely but he'd also have to sit out a year if he plays any snaps.  Or how does the 1 free transfer year work?  Is it like the new RS rules that as long as it's not a certain % of games it counts as RS/sitting out, so he'd be available to transfer again and play immediately.

He has an extra COVID year and this last season was a redshirt so he has 3 years of eligibility remaining. I do believe he would need to sit out if he enrolls at blOU for the spring and transfers after spring ball, but with 3 years left, that's better than being Dart's backup for the rest of your career. 

But I don't think it matters. As Fud said, BYU leads. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)