2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This isn’t true. The pieces aren’t there. We have the shittiest WR room I’ve ever seen (outside of X) and it is a fucking disaster. There is no sugar coating it. It’s absurdly bad. There is no happy spin. It’s utter garbage. 

Yes. If you just ignore the Freshman All America this room does suck. 

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yes. If you just ignore the Freshman All America this room does suck. 

Uhm, teams always play a minimum of 2 WR’s at a time, most teams play 3 as the most common formation and 4 and 5 receivers are used all the time. 
yeah- we have 1 good one. That’s ducking trash for a room where 4 or 5 guys are on the field at the same time all the time. 
were you really impressed with our OL room when we had Connor Williams and a bunch of trash too?

what a weird take. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Uhm, teams always play a minimum of 2 WR’s at a time, most teams play 3 as the most common formation and 4 and 5 receivers are used all the time. 
yeah- we have 1 good one. That’s ducking trash for a room where 4 or 5 guys are on the field at the same time all the time. 
were you really impressed with our OL room when we had Connor Williams and a bunch of trash too?

what a weird take. 

J Whitt proved to be a good asset when he was on the field playing. B Thompson is a sub 10.4 100 burner. We’ve already seen that Sark will find who is playmakers are and that’s who gets the touches. Splitting out Billingsley would amount to a 3rd WR option depending on the formation. Again, if healthy, talent is there. 

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Where is the last super talented TE we signed last year, Ja’Tavion Sanders?  Is he supposed to see the field more this year at TE?  

He was more of a super talented DE and athlete who didn't enroll early, didn't show up in amazing shape, and needed to get taught the position.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He was more of a super talented DE and athlete who didn't enroll early, didn't show up in amazing shape, and needed to get taught the position.

Funny to read the 247 page saying he’s a super talented TE projected as a first round draft pick then….  Man we can fuck up The TE position like no other, hope this one’s different.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

I’m all for the pickup, you can never have to many great players on your team, I guess I’m just not as enthusiastic as most cause I didn’t think TE was a position of need. . But like you said all the tools are there and he can turn out to be a great pickup 

Our TEs sucked at receptions last year -- definitely need more catches at TE for 2022 and Billingsley offers that potential...

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Oh, well obviously we’re so stacked at traditional LB we told him to buzz off.  LMAO.

Hyping a former OU commit who is the polar opposite of an Austin guy as likely to choose Texas just shows how desperate they are for clicks.  

It's not so much IT over hyping it as them believing in the staff's overconfidence.

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Gotta go all the way back to 2020 to find a worse group

I consider last year (absent X) to be a continuation of the year before. I’m lumping them both together (minus X) in a steaming pile of shit. 
The point is- that I was  responding to-is that no- the talent isn’t there in the WR room. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

55 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This isn’t true. The pieces aren’t there. We have the shittiest WR room I’ve ever seen (outside of X) and it is a fucking disaster. There is no sugar coating it. It’s absurdly bad. There is no happy spin. It’s utter garbage. 

Shittiest WR room you've ever seen? Apparently you weren't here during Strong's tenure. Even with Harris (#9 remember him?) showing out in Strong's first year, it was an unmitigated shit show. Armani Foreman? WTF dude.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

Nahlin is going with the story that Sanders didn't want to play edge, wants to be a traditional LB

Interesting, because I was wondering where he fit in the Arkansas defense. He isn’t the 11th best portal player, if he wants to give ILB a try. Reads are much different and much quicker. Orlando learned that in recruiting. Always recruited edge guys and tried to put them inside (Maalik and McCulloch are perfect examples) 

what a weird take. 

Sark doesn’t run many 4-5 WR sets. He leaves Brewer in damn near all the time a la the way Herman did. Then split some RB out too.

Washington is a decent player. As a 3 or 4 option, he can be very solid. Whittington is a very good talent. Yes injuries but last year was more fluke than soft tissue and weird stuff before. Dixon and Omeire are maybes.

My guess is we’ll get a portal guy at some point. Sark will probably only use 4-5 guys with two of them being primary targets.

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

Sark doesn’t run many 4-5 WR sets. He leaves Brewer in damn near all the time a la the way Herman did. Then split some RB out too.

Washington is a decent player. As a 3 or 4 option, he can be very solid. Whittington is a very good talent. Yes injuries but last year was more fluke than soft tissue and weird stuff before. Dixon and Omeire are maybes.

My guess is we’ll get a portal guy at some point. Sark will probably only use 4-5 guys with two of them being primary targets.

I liked Dixon as a recruit. Apparently he had issues with the playbook last year. Perhaps a decent WR coach can fix that. Billingsley is actually a bigger need, than WR at this point. Not sure a TE on the roster has a single start. Sark uses 1 and 2 TE sets all the time. 

3 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I am loathe to refer back to sunshine pumping practice reports, but wasn't it reported by a few different people that Juan Davis has the best hands on the team?  If there is even a scintilla of truth here, perhaps Sanders finds his way back to defense.  Isn't Helm supposed to be the in line TE?

I am sure the coaches would love to live Sanders to defense, but if he is dead set against it, I highly doubt it works 

I liked Dixon as a recruit. Apparently he had issues with the playbook last year. Perhaps a decent WR coach can fix that. Billingsley is actually a bigger need, than WR at this point. Not sure a TE on the roster has a single start. Sark uses 1 and 2 TE sets all the time. 

On Dixon maybe the coach gets thru to him or maybe it clicks in year 2.

Brewer was a big threat in the last 3 games so maybe Billingsley gets more usage. I’m sure Sark has a plan. He could possibly function as a WR. But yeah we did run a lot of 2 TE sets.

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

Definitely true, this isn’t like basketball. . . Where player can be one and done, you can actually still building a program in college football.  You make a good point though, sometimes the less you do  the better 

But live by the sword die by it, because we did get Worthy , Ewers and Jones out of the portal so you don’t want to just abandon it but you have to be careful. 

Worthy was not a portal guy... He never enrolled at Michigan and was released from his NLI there 

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He was saying he was surprised it was Arkansas because Sanders would be playing as a true LB in that scheme instead of as an edge.

Nahlin:

Wants to play traditional LB rather than EDGE.

I don’t get it.

Edited by Viper

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)