2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

We needed to add an inside linebacker for the spring at minimum especially with Brockermeyer being out. Wouldn’t surprise me if they looked to add another one after spring when the options might be a little better. Moody seems like a decent addition though. He plays on a lot of special teams units too so that’s a plus.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, everyone believes Nik Bonnito is scared to say it to your face.

I hope we get Sanders, but given that he is a former OU commit who has a lot of IROC-Z energy, I’m not holding my breath.  

Latrell has a Thorpe award mouth and that’s it. Trying to talk to shit to people with his 9 tackles and 0 interceptions as if that’s difficult to replace. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Drumm, on Sanders.

Spoiler

*** Okay, so more on EDGE transfer Drew Sanders:

As you all have read, there is some buzz that OLB will be making a decision tonight. I told you all earlier that OU felt they were in a good spot heading into Sanders' Texas visit. Arkansas seemed to be the prime competition at that point, but I added that I thought Texas would make this difficult after Sanders made his visit there, too. In speaking with Texas sources, the Horns feel as if they put on a good show for Sanders and that the visit went well, but also told that UT didn't have a real feel for what Sanders would do. That was similar to Arkansas sources as well.

All that said, I don't know that anyone really knows what Sanders will do at the end. The only thing I can think of is the fact that earlier today, Venables and the OU staff tweeted out "#OUDNA" and Venables tweeted out his epic GIF that people use with a "lock" emoji. That was supposed to symbolize a commitment. With Cale Gundy tweeting "#OUDNA" with them, it gave me some intrigue that it might be Sanders, but I can't confirm that one way or the other at this time.

However, Gundy has been leading the way for Sanders, with him doing so during the recruiting process last time around out of high school, too. The Sooners WR coach has a strong relationship with Sanders and his family. OU hopes that pays off big in the end.

Again, this is just me trying to piece things together, while also working on confirmation. I have none of that, so until I can get something confirmed, this Sanders stuff could go one of three ways, obviously.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

who are these people?

Jaylan Ford and that Alabama transfer I'm assuming. I would like to say that I have doubts that Moody would start but the linebacker play on this team never seems to bottom out, so..

Edited by Bevo14

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Drumm, on Sanders.

Hide contents

*** Okay, so more on EDGE transfer Drew Sanders:

As you all have read, there is some buzz that OLB will be making a decision tonight. I told you all earlier that OU felt they were in a good spot heading into Sanders' Texas visit. Arkansas seemed to be the prime competition at that point, but I added that I thought Texas would make this difficult after Sanders made his visit there, too. In speaking with Texas sources, the Horns feel as if they put on a good show for Sanders and that the visit went well, but also told that UT didn't have a real feel for what Sanders would do. That was similar to Arkansas sources as well.

All that said, I don't know that anyone really knows what Sanders will do at the end. The only thing I can think of is the fact that earlier today, Venables and the OU staff tweeted out "#OUDNA" and Venables tweeted out his epic GIF that people use with a "lock" emoji. That was supposed to symbolize a commitment. With Cale Gundy tweeting "#OUDNA" with them, it gave me some intrigue that it might be Sanders, but I can't confirm that one way or the other at this time.

However, Gundy has been leading the way for Sanders, with him doing so during the recruiting process last time around out of high school, too. The Sooners WR coach has a strong relationship with Sanders and his family. OU hopes that pays off big in the end.

Again, this is just me trying to piece things together, while also working on confirmation. I have none of that, so until I can get something confirmed, this Sanders stuff could go one of three ways, obviously.

“Tweeted out his epic gif”

• Haha 1

We have no room to talk as Texas fans, but I can’t help but notice the nervous laughter that is coming from Norman. The spin machine is in full effect and they truly have people believing Venables is a better coach than Riley. Every GA hired is getting spun as the next Nick Saban, every tweet or video hyping out Venables. Hell, Venables was in a video yesterday carrying a moving box for an early enrollee and people legit believe Riley would have never done something like that. The freaking athletic director had to release a joint statement with Venables after his best player transferred to try to protect him. Riley never won less than 10 games, won 5 straight big 12 titles yet somehow he sucked in their minds.

OU247 is the worst at the spin machine. Their owner, Brian Bishop, started a thread last week saying to keep all comments positive for the programs sake. Drumm is hyping up every transfer like they are getting the next heisman trophy winner. 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

OU247 is the worst at the spin machine. Their owner, Brian Bishop, started a thread last week saying to keep all comments positive for the programs sake. Drumm is hyping up every transfer like they are getting the next heisman trophy winner. 

Texags would like a word with you

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Drumm's latest.

Spoiler

UPDATE 815 pm:

So, I can confirm that OU hasn’t gotten any info from Drew Sanders as of yet, BUT there is still some confidence around Norman with him.

That said, I still contend NOT A SINGLE PERSON KNOWS what Sanders will do in the end. He is that quiet and close to the vest about everything.

*** On another note, sources feel good about the three DBs that are in Norman on a visit.

There has been some buzz around them all day. We will see where that goes, but I think you all can decipher how the day has gone with tweets and what not.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Drumm's latest.

Hide contents

UPDATE 815 pm:

So, I can confirm that OU hasn’t gotten any info from Drew Sanders as of yet, BUT there is still some confidence around Norman with him.

That said, I still contend NOT A SINGLE PERSON KNOWS what Sanders will do in the end. He is that quiet and close to the vest about everything.

*** On another note, sources feel good about the three DBs that are in Norman on a visit.

There has been some buzz around them all day. We will see where that goes, but I think you all can decipher how the day has gone with tweets and what not.

There are way more than three douchebags in Norman. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Drumm's latest.

Hide contents

UPDATE 815 pm:

Drumm:

Hoping Wishful Thinking GIF

11 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

BJ Allen and LTG being early enrollees is a big deal.They will have every opportunity to step up. Additionally, all of the guys at IT think Terrance Brooks can play safety too. He is a good enough player that if he's not one of your top 3 corners right away, you let him play safety in order to get him on the field. 

I’ve seen Brooks play multiple times.  That dude is a difference maker … even as a pup he was smooth and in control every play.  A little on the aggressive side which I’m good with.    He will be on the field this fall.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)