2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

47 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Of course there is evidence of him being a solid athlete at Safety. If you think he is athletic enough to play nickel, which requires more athleticism, than obviously he is athletic enough to play safety. 

Yep, I was going to say the same thing. The nickel is usually the most versatile guy of all the DBs. Safeties tend to be the most limited in coverage or least well-rounded. Not to say playing safety is easy, but they can be good at a few traits and get by fine. 

26 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is stupid.  Both for the improper use of 'to' and for thinking that Cook is too slow to play safety.

*too

Sorry for not proofreading after swiping on my IPhone to make that post professor, but look at the big brain on you this morning. And please show me any visible evidence of Cook being fast enough to play the safety position. Dude is slow and isn’t a quick twitch athlete either which is compounded by his lack of instincts. I could probably count on one hand the amount of impact plays he has made in his career at UT. But surly wants to put him at safety where he’d likely get attacked relentlessly. And fwiw I hope someone beats him out at nickel as well.

9 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:
58 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Of course there is evidence of him being a solid athlete at Safety. If you think he is athletic enough to play nickel, which requires more athleticism, than obviously he is athletic enough to play safety. 

Yep, I was going to say the same thing.

But, why?

Edited by Bevo

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

*too

Sorry for not proofreading after swiping on my IPhone to make that post professor, but look at the big brain on you this morning. And please show me any visible evidence of Cook being fast enough to play the safety position. Dude is slow and isn’t a quick twitch athlete either which is compounded by his lack of instincts. I could probably count on one hand the amount of impact plays he has made in his career at UT. But surly wants to put him at safety where he’d likely get attacked relentlessly. And fwiw I hope someone beats him out at nickel as well.

*number

We don’t really know what we have at S, beyond Jerrin, because this staff played Foster and Schooler for nearly 1,000 snaps combined - despite the entire season being a tire fire. Any breathing human would’ve been an improvement. Hell, throw Sawyer Goram-Welch or Lauren Burke out there. Or you know rotate Kitan in at CB and move Cook or whoever to try them out, or maybe give Adimora more snaps since he could actually play football, play Coffey more than 30 snaps or whatever he ended up with. 

Post-Baylor (really post-Q1 Arkansas) guys should’ve been liberally rotated in, and shuffled to different spots, to determine if they had any clay to mold. The season was FUBAR’d anyway. Ditto with that fucking spare Thornton, who I think was the worst defensive starter Texas has ever continued to trot out, no disrespect to the memory of Scott Derry, Killabrew, Christian Scott, Breckyn Hager.. FFS, that chucklefuck took 500 snaps.  Replacing Thornton with a dead guy would’ve been an upgrade. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bevo said:

I wish there was a vaccine for assholes. It would make commutes and trips to college station more bearable. I would sincerely miss a few posters, though.

A vax like we have now?  You get poked. But you can still be an asshole? And be an asshole to others.  And if you are big enough asshole, we talking a 65 year old obese, diabetic, with COPD Futureman kinda asshole, it might even kill you. 

But you say: but it might make me less of an asshole.  

And i say " how big of an asshole were you to begin with?"  You have mild/ severe asshole symtoms, like most of Surly, but like vaxxed assholes, you are still and asshole and can be an asshole to others. 

And you say " what if i get poked again?" 

Guess, what?  You are still an asshole. And can be an asshole to others. No matter how many pokes you get, asshole. 

But those unvaxed assholes get tested and show the whole world they are assholes and it makes all us other vaxxed assholes look bad. 

Well, yall probably made him an asshole. Theres more of you then of him. That how being an asshole spreads. 

Bottom line, is you are all assholes. And need to STFU about vax and shit. 

And remember to wear your mask while driving alone in the car, ya stupid assholes. 

• Haha 9
  • Fuck You 21

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

We don’t really know what we have at S, beyond Jerrin, because this staff played Foster and Schooler for nearly 1,000 snaps combined - despite the entire season being a tire fire. Any breathing human would’ve been an improvement. Hell, throw Sawyer Goram-Welch or Lauren Burke out there. Or you know rotate Kitan in at CB and move Cook or whoever to try them out, or maybe give Adimora more snaps since he could actually play football, play Coffey more than 30 snaps or whatever he ended up with. 

Post-Baylor (really post-Q1 Arkansas) guys should’ve been liberally rotated in, and shuffled to different spots, to determine if they had any clay to mold. The season was FUBAR’d anyway. Ditto with that fucking spare Thornton, who I think was the worst defensive starter Texas has ever continued to trot out, no disrespect to the memory of Scott Derry, Killabrew, Christian Scott, Breckyn Hager.. FFS, that chucklefuck took 500 snaps.  Replacing Thornton with a dead guy would’ve been an upgrade. 

Really goes to show you how fucking clueless the entire staff is at defense from top to bottom.  Really hope Fat Gare can at least provide some semblance of direction for the defense moving forward.  Can't be any worse than what we have now... right?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Can’t believe the $9.95’ers haven’t said a word about Drew Sanders visit.  

If I recall he doesn’t talk much to the media and the only feedback we’ll probably get until he makes a decision is “the visit went as well as it could have gone”. 

58 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

He is to slow and doesn’t have the instincts for safety. We need speed and range at safety more than someone that is just a solid tackler. 

If he is too slow for Safety, than he is too slow for Nickel. There is a reason that you see great CBs end their careers at Safety. The instincts maybe correct, but Nickel is one of the hardest positions to play in football today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Enchubben said:

If I recall he doesn’t talk much to the media and the only feedback we’ll probably get until he makes a decision is “the visit went as well as it could have gone”. 

That's what Drumm said about his visit to OUsux. 

And i sounded a lot like the precursor to a let down. 

47 minutes ago, D3zii said:

That’s isn’t always true, In some instances yes but this isn’t one. . . Also just cause you have the athletic ability doesn’t mean you’d make a good safety. .  Saftey is all about Smarts and instincts just as much as athletic ability. . 

Correct, but you were the one that said there was no evidence of him being athletic enough to play safety. So your argument is with yourself, not me 

26 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

*too

Another stupid take from you. He was good last year and showed a ton of instincts and feel for the game in both run and pass. He played with great leverage in the run game and contained the run better than just about anyone on the roster. Low bar, I know.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Not sure how I feel about this new take and glass half full energy from you. 

12 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

A vax like we have now?  You get poked. But you can still be an asshole? And be an asshole to others.  And if you are big enough asshole, we talking a 65 year old obese, diabetic, with COPD Futureman kinda asshole, it might even kill you. 

And i say " how big of an asshole were you to begin with?"  You have mild/ severe asshole symtoms, like most of Surly, but like vaxxed assholes, you are still and asshole and can be an asshole to others. 

Guess, what?  You are still an asshole. And can be an asshole to others. No matter how many pokes you get, asshole. 

But those unvaxed assholes get tested and show the whole world they are assholes and it makes all us other vaxxed assholes look bad. 

Well, yall probably made him an asshole. Theres more of you then of him. That how being an asshole spreads. 

And remember to wear your mask while driving alone in the car, ya stupid assholes. 

*goes on diatribe about vaccines* 

“y’all really need to stfu about vaccines”

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

It's dark out but IT is still sunshine pumping

Reveal hidden contents

edit: We feel like this one is a wrap. You may have seen where I predicted him to UT in a thread earlier tonight. Sounds like an OV and more like moving in. We had been confident on Billingsley for quite some time. Had Bama not made the playoffs he likely would have entered the portal much earlier.

Oh yeah, we feel like UT is in a strong position for Drew Sanders, too. Not quite as strong as Billingsley, but strong.

Errrrybody??? 

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

BJ Allen and LTG being early enrollees is a big deal.They will have every opportunity to step up. Additionally, all of the guys at IT think Terrance Brooks can play safety too. He is a good enough player that if he's not one of your top 3 corners right away, you let him play safety in order to get him on the field. 

I guess you’re new to the guys that write for IT or something. They basically don’t think there is any such thing as a true corner, so everyone is therefore a candidate to play safety. 

They also do not believe there is any such thing as a true left tackle, so therefore everyone is a candidate to spin inside. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I guess you’re new to the guys that write for IT or something. They basically don’t think there is any such thing as a true corner, so everyone is therefore a candidate to play safety. 

They also do not believe there is any such thing as a true left tackle, so therefore everyone is a candidate to spin inside. 

And if you play offense Ian Boyd thinks you should spin to the other side of the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

70D9E095-EE39-4A40-8A8E-C08FCA10FFC7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)