2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Not that anyone *really* cares, but after using the "insta/twitter followers" method a few weeks ago for a volleyball transfer we really wanted, who looked very much headed to UCLA or Ohio State based on following the majority of their rosters, and then she picked Texas -

I ain't trusting social media follows.  Unless and until someone from the Texas graphics department starts following (and vice versa) because it means an edit is coming. 

Edited by Js1

39 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am probably in the minority but I wouldn’t sign  Billingsley. He’s actually a worse blocker than Wiley if they try to use him traditionally and if we are thinking about playing him in the slot I think we can find a true wide receivers instead. That’s before you factor in the vaccine drama. 

let me remind you of the players currently on the Texas WR roster:

the healthy ones are: Marcus Washington, Xavier Worthy, Kelvontay Dixon

that's it, that is the full liast.

image.png.4d64c4448d2f7491561162120e032cb8.png

add in true freshman Savion Red who may be a WR and may be a RB?

there is a ton of need at the moment.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

Fucking Coleman. 

• Rage+1 3

Just now, RGBIII said:

Here is a fun topic for everyone this morning, but I woke up and chose violence

Who was worse at Texas. Herb Hand or Andre Coleman?

I want to say Coleman but it has to be Herb Hand.  We would have won a couple more games this year if our O-line was serviceable.  Unfortunately, the OL room that Flood inherited was just pure garbage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gerry

Spoiler

Just to update ...

Alabama transfer Drew Sanders (Denton, Texas/Ryan) will be in Austin later today for his final visit. The 6-foot-5, 245-pounder was at Arkansas Wednesday and Oklahoma Thursday.

IT expects a decision from Sanders out of the three schools by end of the weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Gerry

Hide contents

Just to update ...

Alabama transfer Drew Sanders (Denton, Texas/Ryan) will be in Austin later today for his final visit. The 6-foot-5, 245-pounder was at Arkansas Wednesday and Oklahoma Thursday.

IT expects a decision from Sanders out of the three schools by end of the weekend.

Nice to be the last visit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Selfish bastard.  You're still thinking of having the ability to bang knowing that if you do you sentence someone to their death.  Some Surly shit right there. 

Ummm, it's actually treatable now. 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Uh, you know HIV isn't a death sentence anymore, right? Welcome to the 21st century.

There's also the chance that he just doesn't have sex. He's Jesus, after all.

Jesus bangs plenty, he just shoots blanks these days

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Take your personal political feelings far the fuck away from here. Folks care about the vaccine status in as much as covid protocols exist that NCAA teams have to follow, and can include having to sit out games and force OTHER players to sit out games even if they're perfectly fucking fine. Are the rules stupid and outdated? Yes. But do they still need to be followed? Yes. So yeah, anyone that does shit that might increase the chances of showing symptoms and force a test, it matters. Football can move on from Covid when the NCAA lets them. Also, this:

Exactly. Odds are that Nick Saban doesn't give a single solitary personal shit about someone's vaccine status but Billingsley pissed him off because it affected the team. If the NCAA is going to have a rule that you have to be constantly tested if you're unvaccinated but not if you're vaccinated then it helps the team to be vaccinated. That's all there is to it.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Exactly. Odds are that Nick Saban doesn't give a single solitary personal shit about someone's vaccine status but Billingsley pissed him off because it affected the team. If the NCAA is going to have a rule that you have to be constantly tested if you're unvaccinated but not if you're vaccinated then it helps the team to be vaccinated. That's all there is to it.

Yup. If you saw NC State get absolutely fucked by unvaccinated asymptomatic players getting tested in the CWS final and are still chill with players on the team you like being unvaccinated, I don't know what to say. 

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yup. If you saw NC State get absolutely fucked by unvaccinated asymptomatic players getting tested in the CWS final and are still chill with players on the team you like being unvaccinated, I don't know what to say. 

This.  Why would you knowingly introduce that variable (testing) when you're a title contender?  It's selfish.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Here is a fun topic for everyone this morning, but I woke up and chose violence

Who was worse at Texas. Herb Hand or Andre Coleman?

Coleman for sure. 

To compare: 

Herb would have at least landed the Brocks (and maybe a couple others) if not for Herman getting in the way.

Coleman had Worthy's season, Sark's system, and NIL and still could not close Stewart or anybody noteworthy outside of Thompson.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

It means that he's got one very public data point of not getting his shit together and doing what's best for the team and his participation on it.

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Great points.  This really shouldn’t be an argument.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Not to derail this thread even more, but Steve Miller didn't make up the word. He stole it from an old R&B song called The Letter, by The Medallions. The original made up word was puppetudes (some sort of puppet reference), but Miller thought it was pompatous.

If you peer closely enough, you can make out the faint portmanteau inspiration for puppetudes, but pizmotality is the real puzzler.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

I don't see how we don't take two guys at WR. We simply can't go into next season without the ability to have a two deep with four wides. Dixon hasn't exactly inspired confidence either. Brenan Thompson is very exciting, and Red can be Whittington lite, but for them to have to be that next year may not be ideal. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)