2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

How are we going to choose which players are allowed to get booster shots since we’re limited to only 7 doses?  

Well I believe an asshole variant was just mentioned in here. Our players will be able to use a buttplug to replace the mask, and that should prevent entry into the body from said variant. Those who refuse the buttplug, will be required a booster. With only 7 doses available, numbers may get tight…….and you should be worried

35 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

Well I believe an asshole variant was just mentioned in here. Our players will be able to use a buttplug to replace the mask, and that should prevent entry into the body from said variant. Those who refuse the buttplug, will be required a booster. With only 7 doses available, numbers may get tight…….and you should be worried

Username checks out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

No plug needed. Just pick up a couple of these doodads.

Rear-Gear-Butt-Covers-for-Pets.jpg

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - Political & Vaccination Shitshow
Idk safety is an important position in any defense. . They’re the last line of defense and is the voice on the back end . . . 

But Idk if I’d move Cook to safety either. . I hope we’re able to get one in the portal or BJ Allen is ready Day 1 , only thing about that is we need two safety’s . .  I’m really not banking on Thompson right now, he was not good last season. . . 

I’m not understating it’s importance, I’m saying I don’t think Cook has the tools to be anything special at safety.

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I’m not understating it’s importance, I’m saying I don’t think Cook has the tools to be anything special at safety.

Im saying the same thing. . . Cook wasn’t as great as people make him out to be last season but the plays he did make were magnified due to our defense being so bad. . . I think cooks best bet is to stay at Nickel, ion think he would be a good Safety either. . . Last year was his first season at Nickel so hopefully he’s better this season if not, I do think we’ll have better options at that position 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Uh. Do we have anyone " special " at safety theyve been hiding from us?  

I think we are looking for serviceable right now. And hope and pray for something better to develop 

4 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I think we are looking for serviceable right now. And hope and pray for something better to develop 

Hell if we simply had “serviceable” position groups, accompanied with “good” RB/QB play, we are in the B12CG

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

He would a solid athlete at Safety. He was a solid tackler. Not a physical player, but solid tackler. His lack of man ability would not be on display at safety compared to nickel. His physical ability suites Safety better than Nickel. The young CBs have shown to more physical vs the run than Cook and are wasted on the bench. Cooks experience could also be a huge asset at Safety, where there is no veteran presence 

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Im saying the same thing. . . Cook wasn’t as great as people make him out to be last season but the plays he did make were magnified due to our defense being so bad. . . I think cooks best bet is to stay at Nickel, ion think he would be a good Safety either. . . Last year was his first season at Nickel so hopefully he’s better this season if not, I do think we’ll have better options at that position 

triggered GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He would a solid athlete at Safety. He was a solid tackler. Not a physical player, but solid tackler. His lack of man ability would not be on display at safety compared to nickel. His physical ability suites Safety better than Nickel. The young CBs have shown to more physical vs the run than Cook and are wasted on the bench. Cooks experience could also be a huge asset at Safety, where there is no veteran presence 

Election 2020 GIF by Joe Biden

ion

+rep

No, read my post again. That’s not what I suggested.

He’s a plus a nickel. I think you make the secondary weaker moving him to safety because I don’t think he moves the needle enough at safety to negate the fact that his replacement at nickel would be a downgrade.

46 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He is to slow and doesn’t have the instincts for safety. We need speed and range at safety more than someone that is just a solid tackler. 

32 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Of course there is evidence of him being a solid athlete at Safety. If you think he is athletic enough to play nickel, which requires more athleticism, than obviously he is athletic enough to play safety. 

That’s isn’t always true, In some instances yes but this isn’t one. . . Also just cause you have the athletic ability doesn’t mean you’d make a good safety. .  Saftey is all about Smarts and instincts just as much as athletic ability. . 

• Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

BJ Allen and LTG being early enrollees is a big deal.They will have every opportunity to step up. Additionally, all of the guys at IT think Terrance Brooks can play safety too. He is a good enough player that if he's not one of your top 3 corners right away, you let him play safety in order to get him on the field. 

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

BJ Allen and LTG being early enrollees is a big deal.They will have every opportunity to step up. Additionally, all of the guys at IT think Terrance Brooks can play safety too. He is a good enough player that if he's not one of your top 3 corners right away, you let him play safety in order to get him on the field. 

I’d look at Brooks for the Nickel position to 

• Fuck You 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)