2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

A little fan fic in the comments

Reveal hidden contents

If we landed Mathis and Sanders, Nahlin projects this camp depth chart:

Jack: Mathis
NT: Coburn with Murphy playing starter’s snaps / Sweat would play a lot too
3T: Moro with Collins playing starter’s snaps (Collins should really win that job and Moro should move to Jack)
Buck: Sanders

Mike: Jaylan Ford
Will: DeMarvion Overshown

Nickel: Jahdae Barron

Boundary safety: Anthony Cook
Field safety: Jerrin Thompson

Boundary corner: Ryan Watts
Field Corner: D’Shawn Jamison

Any starting lineup that doesn't include Kitan Crawford is negligence on the coaching staff.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

You haven’t been watching the last decade of UT football…We need to start developing the players already on our team.  

Wat does this mean???  In the limited Snaps Crawford played he looked really good. . I’m not crowning him the starter but If it came down to it and it was out of Jamison and Crawford I’d start Crawford 

• Hook 'Em 1

apart!!!!  my eyes bleed every time someone thanks a group for allowing them "to be apart of your"   
apart is separated from
a part is an element of 

Maybe it's a sly way of expressing their true feelings? If I were an aggy player thats how I'd do it my last day in collie station.

18 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Wat does this mean???  In the limited Snaps Crawford played he looked really good. . I’m not crowning him the starter but If it came down to it and it was out of Jamison and Crawford I’d start Crawford 

You said it would be negligent if Crawford doesn’t play more next year.  We heard this story before with Collins, Jamison, Josh Thompson, etc.  We need to turn most of these guys into solid starters or all conference players. 

Drumm, on Sanders.

Spoiler

*** The visit with LB transfer Drew Sanders went “as good as it could have,” according to what I heard today.

Should be in Austin tonight. Was in Norman yesterday evening and most of today, from what I gathered .

Should have a better feel for where things truly are after Sanders trip to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, futureman said:

surely that can’t be true. 

Just to make sure my old man memory wasn’t playing tricks, I googled the words Hudson Card Aaron Rodgers and three examples popped up at the top of the page. There may be more, that’s when i stopped looking.

Eberts: https://www.burntorangenation.com/2021/2/25/22301477/hudson-card-sam-ehlinger-texas-longhorns-steve-sarkisian

Will Cain: 

And not a 9.95er, but a legit sports journalist, Feldman (no subscription so no full text, but I think the quote reveals itself early)

https://theathletic.com/2795504/2021/08/28/why-texas-named-hudson-card-its-starting-qb-wait-till-you-see-this-kid/

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Drumm, on Sanders.

Hide contents

*** The visit with LB transfer Drew Sanders went “as good as it could have,” according to what I heard today.

Should be in Austin tonight. Was in Norman yesterday evening and most of today, from what I gathered .

Should have a better feel for where things truly are after Sanders trip to Austin.

Not surprised an Okie source doesn't know good from well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

200.gif

with all due respect I have no respect for that starting secondary. . . 

Barron, Cook and that’s it. . . Every other Position should be open 

lol my first thought is that secondary is yikes.

I don’t understand the Cook to safety push. He was one of the few strengths in defense at nickel and is an iffy fit at safety. You can get JAG performance out of plenty of guys at safety, but I don’t see him as easily replaceable at nickel. On a team this bad you don’t hamstring a strength.

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

lol my first thought is that secondary is yikes.

I don’t understand the Cook to safety push. He was one of the few strengths in defense at nickel and is an iffy fit at safety. You can get JAG performance out of plenty of guys at safety, but I don’t see him as easily replaceable at nickel. On a team this bad you don’t hamstring a strength.

Idk safety is an important position in any defense. . They’re the last line of defense and is the voice on the back end . . . 

But Idk if I’d move Cook to safety either. . I hope we’re able to get one in the portal or BJ Allen is ready Day 1 , only thing about that is we need two safety’s . .  I’m really not banking on Thompson right now, he was not good last season. . . 

42 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

You said it would be negligent if Crawford doesn’t play more next year.  We heard this story before with Collins, Jamison, Josh Thompson, etc.  We need to turn most of these guys into solid starters or all conference players. 

I didn’t say that, but I get your point, and yes we have definitely been in that situation where players have one or two good games the year before and we automatically assume they’re the best and should start, that’s why I said let every position be open and let them battle it out. . But yes w have to start churning out Starers and All conference players. . . 

I just find it odd that so many of you dudes select a few plays and that’s the everlasting impression.

Cook this past year being an example. He hadn’t shown much up until to this past season. He sat much of the first half of OSU in favor of some size. His truly one big play of the season was versus TCU but that was right call at the right time. That was 100% of his sacks, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries all in one play. No picks.

Crawford didn’t show anything in games that says he deserved more, but he didn’t play enough.

We probably were not good fundamentally but our big play making ability was worse. Those are the dudes that need to see the field. Ideally we get both.

And that starts upfront. Our front 3/4/5 have to make things happen. Until that happens the inside LBers and secondary will be vulnerable.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I just find it odd that so many of you dudes select a few plays and that’s the everlasting impression.

Cook this past year being an example. He hadn’t shown much up until to this past season. He sat much of the first half of OSU in favor of some size. His truly one big play of the season was versus TCU but that was right call at the right time. That was 100% of his sacks, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries all in one play. No picks.

Crawford didn’t show anything in games that says he deserved more, but he didn’t play enough.

We probably were not good fundamentally but our big play making ability was worse. Those are the dudes that need to see the field. Ideally we get both.

And that starts upfront. Our front 3/4/5 have to make things happen. Until that happens the inside LBers and secondary will be vulnerable.

As a loyal Texas fan club person we really just look to grasp any hope 

5 hours ago, quigley said:

Nick Saban sounds like he cares.

"College football fans and players both want full stadiums this fall," he said in the video. "Let's make sure we can safely make this happen by getting vaccinated. Please get your COVID-19 vaccine. We want Bryant-Denny Stadium loud again this coming season. Roll Tide!"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10003174-alabama-hc-nick-saban-encourages-fans-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-in-psa-video

@texifornia@Hank_Hill are right.

In addition to the NC State example, Andrew Raym (OU's center) was out for several games because he wasn't vaxxed and in protocol limbo. The vax stuff matters because it's divisive in locker rooms too. What Michigan did, where everyone got their 3rd shot together is the way to go.

The issue being discussed was about Billingsley being in Saban’s doghouse which had nothing to do with him being unvaccinated. 

• Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Both seem like reasonable reasons, and therefore one is not more “idiotic” than the other.  Its likely additive. Nobody here is obsessing over the virus, it’s just a real factor in college football coaching now. Thinking otherwise is idiotic. You seem triggered.

No I’m just calling out your bad take. I’m vaxxed by the way. Just a really half ass attempt at trying to churn out Covid drama when that’s not what is going on here.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Interesting. There’s room for hope so I get that. I just wouldn’t call the Surly crowd a hopeful bunch.

By the way I’m not stating Cook can’t be a useful contributor.

In a year we’re the defense was dreadful, the one or two good plays Cook made was magnified x1000 due to good plays being very rare. . . 

I definitely agree with Cook though, I don’t agree with moving him to safety (doesn’t move well enough imo) I do think he’s best position is probably nickel  

29 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

No I’m just calling out your bad take. I’m vaxxed by the way. Just a really half ass attempt at trying to churn out Covid drama when that’s not what is going on here.

I’m not churning shit. Replace “unvaccinated” with “fails drug tests” and the point would still stand. You’re making it about Covid drama my guy.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

You’re a terrible troll.  If you don’t get the fact that a coach might prefer his players to all be vaccinated so they have a better chance of having a full roster every Saturday you might be the dumbest mf’er on the face of the earth.  But keep on posting your bullshit.

Thank you. Creasy's been spewing idiocy on this topic. It's hilarious --- and telling ---- that he can't see it. 

49 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Staying until Sunday per IT

It's dark out but IT is still sunshine pumping

Spoiler

edit: We feel like this one is a wrap. You may have seen where I predicted him to UT in a thread earlier tonight. Sounds like an OV and more like moving in. We had been confident on Billingsley for quite some time. Had Bama not made the playoffs he likely would have entered the portal much earlier.

Oh yeah, we feel like UT is in a strong position for Drew Sanders, too. Not quite as strong as Billingsley, but strong.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)