2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

2 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

He must read Surly.

He’s wearing a shirt that says “IT” to show that he’s got “it” and Card does not. 

He likes us. 

It’s actually “KITH”, which is a NY-based sneaker/fashion retailer that collaborates with various brands, like Nike, Asics, Levi’s, New Balance, The North Face, etc etc. Obviously, popular with the kids…especially those who have NIL $$ burning a hole in their pockets.

Edited by NTVTXN
I’m tired and can’t spell. Gnight!

10 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Must be nice to just make up words for your dumb song

10 hours ago, TexasTroll said:

Made up  WORD on a gold selling  song.

( platinum in Canada if that counts)

Not to derail this thread even more, but Steve Miller didn't make up the word. He stole it from an old R&B song called The Letter, by The Medallions. The original made up word was puppetudes (some sort of puppet reference), but Miller thought it was pompatous.

• Hook 'Em 3

Not to derail this thread even more, but Steve Miller didn't make up the word. He stole it from an old R&B song called The Letter, by The Medallions. The original made up word was puppetudes (some sort of puppet reference), but Miller thought it was pompatous.

Ok. Now do “chooglin” by CCR
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Do we need to post every person in the portal here really?  A two star who never saw the field at UNC is going to fix our problems?

I'm sure he was only a 2-star because his HS coach didn't give him a fair shot, either. NC football's version of MJ.

When it comes to LBs, PK and Choate obviously see things we don't...so you can look for them to sign this kid and give him at least 30 snaps a game. 

9 hours ago, THUJONE said:

Dude it's good Ewers has a fucking cannon because he's got a face for deep space radio. He looks like a young John Daly. Doesn't bode well.. Especially with that...what is that? Is that a suggestion of a mustache?

i prefer the term 9 AM shadow

7 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

It’s actually “KITH”, which is a NY-based sneaker/fashion retailer that collaborates with various brands, like Nike, Asics, Levi’s, New Balance, The North Face, etc etc. Obviously, popular with the kids…especially those who have NIL $$ burning a hole in their pockets.

Christ almighty. What a good reminder that I’m still a poor.  $150 for a 2 pack of boxer briefs? $2k for a jacket? $650 for pants? $465 for a tshirt?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Do we need to post every person in the portal here really?  A two star who never saw the field at UNC is going to fix our problems?

I posted earlier about a Utah State QB signing with Wyoming to close the loop on an upthread conversation and half the last page is making fun of some geezer's haircut. It's about all the transfer comings and goings that could have an interest to Texas fans, not just guys UT is interested in.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

No no no. Those are quotation marks around “IT”

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Christ almighty. What a good reminder that I’m still a poor.  $150 for a 2 pack of boxer briefs? $2k for a jacket? $650 for pants? $465 for a tshirt?

I just bought a 10 pack of boxer briefs at Walmart for $24.99 and felt like that was way too much money. This hits close to home/I can relate to that feeling. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Drew Sanders day.  No commit to OU or Arky.  No crystal ball picks for either.  Fuck it, put him in the calculator.  Still preparing to be disappointed.  

That'll be $9.95

Might as well be the official gif of the Surly recruiting board...

Mrw GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Christ almighty. What a good reminder that I’m still an INTELLIGENT HUMAN!.  $150 for a 2 pack of boxer briefs? $2k for a jacket? $650 for pants? $465 for a tshirt?

FIFY.  And Welcome to America. Where any “creative” soul can peddle shit to a society of desperate wannabe followers.  

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Drew Sanders day.  No commit to OU or Arky.  No crystal ball picks for either.  Fuck it, put him in the calculator.  Still preparing to be disappointed.  

That'll be $9.95

Drew Sanders follow update:

new followers above the line - bumper pool and DB Analyst at Arky.

image.png.75d32c734fe47d564df2316fc7dd0676.png

Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

• Rage+1 1

Bobby:

If you follow recruiting, you already know that Mario Williams, the elite transfer wide receiver from Oklahoma, spent a couple of days on the Texas campus this week. Williams, who also plays baseball, even spent time with former MLB all-star Troy Tulowitzki on Thursday morning.

Williams’ interest level in baseball is sincere and Texas coaches are treating it as such. It’s nice to see the football and baseball programs working in conjunction. That sort of intra-athletic department cooperation hasn’t always been the case at Texas.

Williams is thought to be down to USC, Texas and Georgia with a decision expected in the next several days.

There has been nary a public word about Alabama tight end transfer Jahleel Billingsley.

However, I am told Texas has “interest”. I am told that that interest has been reciprocated.

Beyond that, there’s just not much to say or go on at this time, at least not for me. Hopefully, we get some more info from Eric, Gerry and the crew for the Humidor today.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

I am probably in the minority but I wouldn’t sign  Billingsley. He’s actually a worse blocker than Wiley if they try to use him traditionally and if we are thinking about playing him in the slot I think we can find a true wide receivers instead. That’s before you factor in the vaccine drama. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I am probably in the minority but I wouldn’t sign  Billingsley. He’s actually a worse blocker than Wiley if they try to use him traditionally and if we are thinking about playing him in the slot I think we can find a true wide receivers instead. That’s before you factor in the vaccine drama. 

I've certainly been a 'trust the coaches' guy more often than is acceptable..   But in the case of Billingsley I feel like Sark and Banks must have a pretty good handle on what he can do and what they want him to do.

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I'm not a fan of vaccine drama, nor his shit performance in the title game, and I'm not advocating for Billingsly...but if we can find a way to kid glove Hudson Card about refusing to get the jab, I'm sure we can find a work around for another player as well. 

8 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Even worse tbh

11 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

He must read Surly.

He’s wearing a shirt that says “IT” to show that he’s got “it” and Card does not. 

He likes us. 

No, he is signaling he has a NIL deal with Inside Texas. Which, based on their past NIL deals with a certain QB, does not bode well for us

9 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

Mike Tyson Now Kith GIF - Mike Tyson Now Kith Now Kiss Meme - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)